Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

So when Call of Duty gets high scores all around and DA2 gets 94% from PC Gamer it's paid for reviews and "lulz game press" but when Human Revolution gets high scores it's obviously deserved and just?

A low score you don't agree with means the reviewer obviously doesn't get it. A high score you don't agree with means the reviewer has obviously been bought. Reviews exist to validate your opinion or tell filthly lies.

Anyway, stolen from another forum:

PC Gamer review:

- The reviewer says according to him and the magazine he works for Deus Ex 1 is the best game ever made

- As for Deus Ex: Human Revolution it is the best game he played in the last 4 years

- HR's hubs are bigger, more complex, and far richer with things to do than the original's

- Negative: most missions in HR put you eg immediately inside the building you want to infiltrate, which wasn't this often the case in the original

- Negative: shooting instead of hacking bots etc, is very often is the quickest way, and very effective

- Negative: the boss fights are terrible and cannot be avoided

- Number of bosses: 4

- Cover system, combat, stealth, augmentations, takedowns, hacking (best hacking in any game), conversation battles are all great.

- In fact about your encounter with the final villain: "you're options aren't which glowing weak spot to shoot- they're 'Appeal', 'Critique' and 'Extrapolate'"

- Story bits are everywhere, in every single room you enter, datapad you read, etc. A piece of information from the very first room in the game, isn't explicitly revealed to you until 27 hours later that the game ends. Many story bits subtly set the stage for Deus Ex 1.

- Hubs: Detroit, Heng Sha, it's a shame the game doesn't have a third one

- Mission art styles: uniquely beautiful, bold, clean, distinctive: like in Mirror's Edge

Verdict:

Not as good as the original: "the slight shift away from improvisation and wide open spaces stops it just short." But it's "the Deus Ex of our age", "puts almost everything else in the genre to shame". "I'd love to see Human Revolution show that smart can sell, and that gamers love freedom more than they love firing assault rifles at the Middle-East."

I demand consistency within this community!

lolwtfgtfoh

:)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm scared. If the vocal group (minority or majority, whatever they be) actually like this game, my entire view of the world will be shattered. I may go catatonic.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm scared. If the vocal group (minority or majority, whatever they be) actually like this game, my entire view of the world will be shattered. I may go catatonic.

It's bound to happen once in a while.

If it helps you hold on to your sanity though, I will hate it for you.

I hate pretty much every game made after 2001 so not such a big stretch really.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You hate Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted, AC, and Demon Souls :o

I think I wouldn't wanna be friends with ya. :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Only two quest hubs sounds a bit meh to me. If the second one is as long as the first from the preview build, I will be done with the game in a few days of evening-playing.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's inevitable that you will be branded a "whiner" now, too. :thumbsup:

Also read the prequel novel. Not going to take a place in the shelf with the greatest literary classics of all time, but has a lot of fun stuff for a deus ex fan, like introducing

Gunther Hermann

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You hate Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted, AC, and Demon Souls :o

I think I wouldn't wanna be friends with ya. :(

I don't actually hate every game made after 2001. :)

There was a larger point somewhere...

Another one of those questions and answers which might be of interest to the folks around here...

Frank says:*snip*
Yea, I don't think IW was a bad game although it doesn't feel right at all. At least, as far as the story goes, I think they put too much focus on "clever" part without no interesting/solid character development which let they players sympathize with the characters. I admit that I liked some sardonic and satirical descriptions, though.

The problem for me is that, as far as the game-play goes, the game sounds like what I have imagined as a possible "next gen" RPG model for years. In fact, in the revealed info so far, I see quite many factors which are similar to what I have mentioned in these boards. So, I guess I need to face reality, which can end up with being bitter, when I finally have my hands on this one. :(

BTW, there are so little info about dialogue-based C&C, or role-playing. I wonder if the game lacks the factor or just people avoiding spoilers. I know about the conversation mini-game but what I mean is more "traditional" one.

It's inevitable that you will be branded a "whiner" now, too. :(

Also read the prequel novel. Not going to take a place in the shelf with the greatest literary classics of all time, but has a lot of fun stuff for a deus ex fan, like introducing

Gunther Hermann

This forum is too small for two high class trolls. There can only be one.

Seems kinda silly to me to incorporate present day ads into a game set several decades into the future.
Mercedes-Benz, going strong since 1886.

It's inevitable that you will be branded a "whiner" now, too. :(

Gunther Hermann

This forum is too small for two high class trolls. There can only be one.

Vol said you got 2 days to get out of his town.

I don't actually hate every game made after 2001. :thumbsup:

Goody :3

and the point was that every game after '09 has been a bust?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I don't actually hate every game made after 2001. 8)

Goody :3

and the point was that every game after '09 has been a bust?

lol.

I'm not sure what the point was other than it had something to do with Tale's post about DX:HR being a game that even the haters can't hate.

It does happen! Every once in an while. :)

lol.

I'm not sure what the point was other than it had something to do with Tale's post about DX:HR being a game that even the haters can't hate.

It does happen! Every once in an while. 8)

Could you quote some examples?

Because all that comes to my mind is a series of critic's darlings from times past that every newly dubbed hardcore gamer defends to death even thought in all likelihood they didn't play them or didn't finish them.

I count the original DX on that bunch.

That said this game is good (DX:HR) I can vouch for that.

village_idiot.gif

Er...other people's opinion is theirs and mine is mine, whether they are hardcore gamers or casual ones. After all, what it counts is whether I can enjoy a game. The tricky part is that, if a game isn't commercially successful, there won't be a similar game next time. However, in other words, it's just that.

I don't know how the game end up with till I play it but I'd take the risk this time around. It's more about time rather than money at times.

Because all that comes to my mind is a series of critic's darlings from times past that every newly dubbed hardcore gamer defends to death even thought in all likelihood they didn't play them or didn't finish them.

I count the original DX on that bunch.

I think that's pretty much a given, but *shrug*, bandwagon jumping is normal for the herds. :)

Also, I want this game so bad. Well, I want a game really bad, and this is the only one I'm buying for a couple of months... 8)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So who's the one that's going to hate it on these forums?

I can do indifference.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

So who's the one that's going to hate it on these forums?

Well, ideally we should always look for the negatives, if there's little wrong well then the game's good, right ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra