Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

It only becomes a real problem if the game is censored. Because then you can't even buy the uncensored version from a different country. In case of DX3, it's at least uncut, but if some day all pc games will have it...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

There are three regions. UK, Russia, and rest of the world. If you buy UK or Russia, you must be in those regions to activate. I saw a post that the lock is limited to activation, as well, so you can move out of those countries after the activation and still have access.

That's... interesting. Mostly due to the abovementioned EU regulations. Guess I'll have to ring up OHIM. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

EU regulations? Have those bloody Brits forced through another exception?

You're either in, or out. Can't have a middle thing.

Sounds to me like Squeenix simply doesn't care.

I'm so close to canceling both my preorders on the game just because they pull **** like this a week before the release, when they've had the game up for preorder for almost a year.

EU regulations? Have those bloody Brits forced through another exception?

You're either in, or out. Can't have a middle thing.

It's a government thing. The common public perception is that we don't want the Government to be in the EU, so for the past couple of decades the various pro-EU faction of the government have been signing documents up to a certain point... As long as they can get away without going too far and a referendum being held to stop them.

I think it's hitting a point where no-one really knows how much we're connected to the EU or not... :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Squeenix got back to me fast. UK boxed copies do not work outside UK. ****ers.

Well, a huge thanks to this forum, again, for saving me the 26 pounds I would've paid for the PC version for having had it preordered since 2 December. :PPPPP sigh.

Edited by Nepenthe

Well, a huge thanks to this forum, again, for saving me the 26 pounds I would've paid for the PC version for having had it preordered since 2 December. :PPPPP sigh.

Dang.. Sorry to hear that Nepenthe. That is major suckage.

So are you buying the game now?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

AT PEGI Retail versions I looked up costs 44? + 3? shipping. But that's German language only, so I'd have to download those bloody English packs.

UK Retail only costs 28? for comparison.

I think I'll wait for the inevitable Steam Holyday sale for this one. Or maybe pick up a used console version, but I hate playing first-person games with a gamepad.

Where are you located?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not for PC. I have PS3 version preordered locally, I'll go see if I can bump that to the augmented edition at this stage.

Yes, I occasionally buy multiple copies of a game on release date. I know, I'm going to see somebody about it, but it'll take years until we've covered my relationships. :)

Edit:

@Tale: Finland. 99,9% of the time, our versions are indentical with the UK, which is why I didn't even think about it at the time.

Edited by Nepenthe

Not for PC. I have PS3 version preordered locally, I'll go see if I can bump that to the augmented edition at this stage.

Yes, I occasionally buy multiple copies of a game on release date. I know, I'm going to see somebody about it, but it'll take years until we've covered my relationships. :p

Jeez, you could buy me one as well you know. o:)

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

for months i've been quietly looking forward to this game, but now that its closer, im starting to get really psyched up about it.

all reports are so positive, even if this isn't as good as the original (likely), its going to be sooooo nice to play a game that even just feels a little similar to deus ex or system shock2.

this still has a tetris inventory right? oh god im so excited...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

this still has a tetris inventory right? oh god im so excited...

Big tetris inventory.

And you can get augs to make it a bigger tetris inventory.. o:)

kinda like buying a bigger inventory in resident evil 4??

AWESOME.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

kinda like buying a bigger inventory in resident evil 4??

AWESOME.

Yes, RE4 has the bestest inventory in the history of the world.

The store I ordered the collectors edition from called to say there won't be enough copies to go around, so I've been downgraded to the augmented edition, which is the same but without the dol... action figure. I get a copy of Infamous 2 as a way of saying sorry. The guy I spoke to kept saying Deuce Ex.

Hang on, so the region lock applies to online purchases as well? Doesn't the official statement say it's only for boxed copies? I was going to buy mine from UK online.

Hang on, so the region lock applies to online purchases as well? Doesn't the official statement say it's only for boxed copies? I was going to buy mine from UK online.

Applies to boxed copies sold online, such as by Amazon UK.

That's pretty low from Square-Enix. Just checked one Finnish online community and there's a bunch of people scrambling to cancel their pre-orders from the UK stores... I wonder how many won't even notice Square-Enix did this and will go ape**** when their game won't work.

Hate the living, love the dead.

That's pretty low from Square-Enix. Just checked one Finnish online community and there's a bunch of people scrambling to cancel their pre-orders from the UK stores... I wonder how many won't even notice Square-Enix did this and will go ape**** when their game won't work.

Agreed. This whole thing has been pretty unimpressive, my trusty normal retailer (verkkokauppa) only got the different versions like 2 weeks ago, so I caved in and ordered it from Gamestop... Now I have to go there and see if I can upgrade to the aug ed... and I'm really close to not caring enough to go. (Un)happily, I have business in the same block today, so... Still, not a happy customer!

Agreed. This whole thing has been pretty unimpressive, my trusty normal retailer (verkkokauppa) only got the different versions like 2 weeks ago, so I caved in and ordered it from Gamestop... Now I have to go there and see if I can upgrade to the aug ed... and I'm really close to not caring enough to go. (Un)happily, I have business in the same block today, so... Still, not a happy customer!

I'm not even sure if VPD had the augmented edition when I pre-ordered my Limited edition on sunday. Just noticed that there's even better version available for few euros more. Oh well...

Hate the living, love the dead.