Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

Most people who get nauseous while playing FPS are getting nauseous due to the games FoV. In this case, often it helps to adjust the FoV.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

... Could this be the excuse for people to take advantage of the way EidosMontreal have geared up for the three screen FoV and upgrade and expand? :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

They for sure spend a lot money on promotion.

Eidos has always been like that. All in marketing for products that are weaker each year. Just remember the Kane and Lynch fiasco.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Only fiasco for Kane and Lynch I recall were allegations of paid reviews due to the firing of one reviewer who reviewed it poorly while Gamespot had the ad plastered as a site theme. Not any significant marketing effort.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Isn't the fiasco that everyone thinks the game is ****, both those who have played it and those who haven't.

Wait, what?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Kane & Lynch he means ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Kane & Lynch he means ?

God I hope so, still some clarification required.

Well onwards to finalizing my hunt for the song on the trailer. "My World" by The Transmissions (how in god I did not know about this supergroup)

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yes, sounds pretty nice. Will observe it a bit deeper and probably buy some cd if possible. But so far I can't find anything.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Kane & Lynch he means ?

Well onwards to finalizing my hunt for the song on the trailer. "My World" by The Transmissions (how in god I did not know about this supergroup)

I recall reading an article about the value of Eidos stocks dropping and in it were some complaints about too much cash dumped in advertising. Back when I was actively reading the dead tree version of PC gamer I recall that Eidos tended to really hog the ad space.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well, he wasn't talking about Eidos' Deus Ex, that seemed pretty clear, heh, everyone loves this game! :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just retail apparently from some Eidos guy

Just to be clear to everyone the region lock is just for the retail BOX copies.. ie if you physically buy a box in the UK it will have the uk region code etc, if you buy a boxed copy in russia will be locked to russia, everywhere else is covered by a rest of world region (including poland).

Due to disc size limitations, the languages had to be split onto different masters (PCs dont have universal bluray drives yet so we couldnt put all on 1 disc this is why there is so much confusion)

Also all versions have ALL languages available. So even if you buy the English UK version, you can change the language to French, German etc whenever you want.. The size of the game meant we couldnt fit all languages onto the disc so you will just download the language pack for the game that is all..

Yeah, that clarified things up. Not. Oh well, I'll pop in the UK version and see what happens. If it doesn't work, guess I'll have to go all "EU" on them. ;)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There are three regions. UK, Russia, and rest of the world. If you buy UK or Russia, you must be in those regions to activate. I saw a post that the lock is limited to activation, as well, so you can move out of those countries after the activation and still have access.

There are three regions. UK, Russia, and rest of the world. If you buy UK or Russia, you must be in those regions to activate. I saw a post that the lock is limited to activation, as well, so you can move out of those countries after the activation and still have access.

That's really annoying, I buy most of my games from UK online shops :|

I wouldn't be surprised if the UK lock is to protect the UK collector's edition exclusivity. Blasted brits and their cool toys.