RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Formulating the design guidelines for ?extreme situations?; memorable

scripted sequences with altered controls, camera and/or gameplay rules

Damn, that sounds horrible.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Extreeeeeeme.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The old Thief formula just wouldn't translate well into modern times anymore. It was great 10 years ago but nowadays people ain't that enthusiastic about lurking in the dark and backjack a dumb bypassing watchman.

It needs a family drama, and lots of cutscenes to stay relevant.

And that's why you shelve franchises instead of running them into the ground when you could be making new IPs to run into the ground.

The old Thief formula just wouldn't translate well into modern times anymore. It was great 10 years ago but nowadays people ain't that enthusiastic about lurking in the dark and backjack a dumb bypassing watchman.

And that's why you shelve franchises instead of running them into the ground when you could be making new IPs to run into the ground.

They could create the new IP Robber, then no one would complain. New IP, no Thief in the tittle.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

They could create the new IP Robber, then no one would complain. New IP, no Thief in the tittle.

That's the spirit! But the name needs to be more modern, a single semi-nonsensical word like "Strongbox" with an optional(but highly recommended) overly long subtitle like "The grim tale of cursed soul". Then you tag it with as many genres as possible(be sure to include at least action, adventure, stealth, person and cinematic in it) and it's good to go.

That's the spirit! But the name needs to be more modern, a single semi-nonsensical word like "Strongbox" with an optional(but highly recommended) overly long subtitle like "The grim tale of cursed soul". Then you tag it with as many genres as possible(be sure to include at least action, adventure, stealth, person and cinematic in it) and it's good to go.

Apply to EA, man. Hm, people should make knockoff games with a name that's the reverse of the game being knocked off. So... like 'Full Death' or 'Rise In'.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Like The Asylum? I can dig that, but Gameloft kind of has that market somewhat cornered already :lol:

Gameloft, ahhh the low budget version of that popular franchise.

It's like those fake he-man toys you'd see on cheap markets as a child, some kind of slightly rebranded bollocks, crappy, but close enough. I love how Gameloft have ripped off Blizzard, whom in turn, will rip of the games workshop and smile all the way to the bank.

Everyone keeps whining about how new IP's are "hard to do", I don't agree, I believe that getting stunted old uncreative exec's to agree to new IP's is hard to do.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Don't forget the focus groups that turn bright new IPs into boring old by-the-numbers cliches.

Its interesting, because if you become a community leader in some respect, companies will listen to you to a certain respect, the problem is that merely means thems who are the loudest gets heard, opposed to those who are the most sane and stable.

Good feedback, is good feedback, but I'll be damned if you can pigeon hole based off a few people what makes a game good or bad, but alas, publishers will continue to slap the big fat $$$ on anything they can possibley quantify.

All innovation stems from the indie scene in my opinion, and a few desperate developers whom when they've a chance, will fight and push for something entirely new.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Players take on the role of Corvo, the Empress? legendary bodyguard. As the game starts, Corvo is falsely imprisoned for her murder. What the corrupt Lord Regent behind the coup didn?t realize is that Corvo is legendary for a reason. He?s not only a skilled combatant accomplished in the art of not being seen, but Corvo has a suite of supernatural powers that combine with his natural talents and unusual gadgets to make him one of the most lethal men in the known world.

Supernatural powers? Murdered Empress? I wouldn't be surprised if Arkane again will put a chick inside the protagonist's head as some (incredibly annoying) talking quest compass.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arkane again will put a chick inside the protagonist's head as some (incredibly annoying) talking quest compass.

Another demon girl? I'm sold.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."