E3 2011

R* Agent

Sony US boss (talking to that GTTV guy) said something like - Agent is still in production, but most likely is not exclusive to PS3 anymore. I think Xbox360 version is nearly certain, Wii (on) U possible and no chance for PC version. But you're right, no offical word from Rockstar on any possible new games - no new GTA, Bully 2, Red Dead Redemption sequel, Agent...

No way it's coming to 360, Sony and R* had an exclusive deal. Unless you care to provide me with a link where they Sony boss mentioned that.

managed to find it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sClfZSdpkQ

around 5:50 onwards

I think it's been discussed in other places too, but that was the video where I saw it. It could be that beancounters at Rockstar or Take2 calculated that it'd better to pay back Sony the money for exclusive rights and do multi-platform release. IIRC Red Dead Redemption sold like 1,6 Xbox 360 copies per 1 PS3 copy.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I think it's been discussed in other places too, but that was the video where I saw it. It could be that beancounters at Rockstar or Take2 calculated that it'd better to pay back Sony the money for exclusive rights and do multi-platform release. IIRC Red Dead Redemption sold like 1,6 Xbox 360 copies per 1 PS3 copy.

I wonder how the stats for LA Noire are going to shape up.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I wonder how the stats for LA Noire are going to shape up.

I met up with a friend of mine who worked on it, some weeks back like, and he didn't give numbers, but he did mention it had done "VERY WELL".

Assume that the sales figures are quite high, and around that RDR kind of level.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Dark Souls stage demo

Finally a game not dumbed down for PC.

You should say: "Finally a game not dumbed down, gets a spiritual sequel. So there's still a market for these." :D

I've already preordered the LE of this.

edit: Azure79 from what i've seen about Ninja Gaiden 3, i'm dissappointed. QTE does NOT belong into NG games :thumbsup:

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I met up with a friend of mine who worked on it, some weeks back like, and he didn't give numbers, but he did mention it had done "VERY WELL".

Assume that the sales figures are quite high, and around that RDR kind of level.

I was wondering more about the split between the platforms, with the 1 vs 3 discs and the North-America exclusive PS3 case.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I was wondering more about the split between the platforms, with the 1 vs 3 discs and the North-America exclusive PS3 case.

If I had a PS3 I know I would have got the PS3 version over the 360 version. The game is long so it isn't too bad to switch discs if you are playing from the start but just randomly trying to replay cases is a pain.

If I had a PS3 I know I would have got the PS3 version over the 360 version. The game is long so it isn't too bad to switch discs if you are playing from the start but just randomly trying to replay cases is a pain.

The game actually ran slightly faster and looked a little better on PS3, a rare fact, but something likely due to its roots as a ps3 exclusive.

Probably, my biggest surprise for this E3 is still Nintendo seems to have power on catching attention by the announcement of a new console despite the rather fast decline of Wii and the rise of portable computer/cloud gaming. Still people seem to be happy with the console-bound market. :lol:

BTW, due to the current "incident" (Actually, it's just a usual net drama although I was indeed surprised by the number of fans for DS series.) in DSIII boards, we lost funcroc, which who was basic function of these boards. The boards feel very lacking without him. :ermm:

BTW, due to the current "incident" (Actually, it's just a usual net drama although I was indeed surprised by the number of fans for DS series.) in DSIII boards, we lost funcroc, which who was basic function of these boards. The boards feel very lacking without him. :lol:

I must have missed out on some drama.

BTW, due to the current "incident" (Actually, it's just a usual net drama although I was indeed surprised by the number of fans for DS series.) in DSIII boards, we lost funcroc, which who was basic function of these boards. The boards feel very lacking without him. >_<

Me too. Linky?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

BTW, due to the current "incident" (Actually, it's just a usual net drama although I was indeed surprised by the number of fans for DS series.) in DSIII boards, we lost funcroc, which who was basic function of these boards. The boards feel very lacking without him. >_<

Me too. Linky?

No link, he just had enough of the rampant complaining/bitching/whining.

Guest Slinky

Funny how the game specific forums here are like different worlds compared to these general ones.

Not saying these doesn't have their share of the rampage, but I've kept my distance to AP/DS3/KotOR2 forums for a reason.

Funny how the game specific forums here are like different worlds compared to these general ones.

Not saying these doesn't have their share of the rampage, but I've kept my distance to AP/DS3/KotOR2 forums for a reason.

AP forums are a nice place if compared to DS3 forums >_<

I still find it ridicilous that as sucky sp game as original DS has so many "hc" followers. I wonder if this is how Bethesda board members felt like when Fallout 3 came out :)

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

I wonder if this is how Bethesda board members felt like when Fallout 3 came out :)

haha, good point :) but to be fair, Fallout 1 and 2 are miles above DS, so "hc fallout fans" had more reasons to be pissed. I still think FO3 is crap, but at least we have NV now thanks to Bethesda. maybe "hc DS fans" should think about it that way, Chris Taylor might get an idea of "reviving" DS with the help of Obsidian, if SE gave a green light >_<

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

AP forums are a nice place if compared to DS3 forums :lol:

I still find it ridicilous that as sucky sp game as original DS has so many "hc" followers. I wonder if this is how Bethesda board members felt like when Fallout 3 came out -_-

DS2 was awesome!?

Though DS1 had better multiplayer and a completely wondrous theme.

So I'm finally watching MS presser. I really don't see why people see it as a failure. They've covered all of their talking points - Games for gamers - GoW3, MW3, Tomb Raider, Forza 4. They showed evolution of xbox - live tv, xbox bing are huge, those of you with families and xboxes, tell me, how much does your concole get used for non gaming stuff. They showed Kinect games - obviously catered for casual crowd, only this time they showed real advances in trying to figure out how to appease hardcore crowd(kinect as a secondary controller)

I'm yet to see the ret of the presentations, I'll update my thoughts then.

EDIT: Okay, Kinect Sports presentation was absolutely ridiculous

Edited by vault_overseer

I rarely go in any of those forums... They're full of rampant fanbois and lameos.

Been watching Sony presser. Feels like i'm getting brainwashed. Every two sentences i hear "amazing", "great", "best" and so on. It's almost as bad as apple.

It's clearly obvious that Sony used the presser pimp their brand to core gamers, which they really needed to do. MS, on the other hand, went ahead and focused on entertainment and family aspects of their console, which is growing to remarkable numbers on their platform. Smart move, they need to get the casual crowd. Hopefully they will provide funding and security for better "core" experience.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, vault overseer.

The Microsoft presentation was the worst presentation I have ever seen on any E3. No joke. They had no new exclusives, almost no new games, almost everything was about Kinect (which does not interest me in the slightest), Bing?! Is that a joke? Everything that had to do with voice recognition and Kinect was just so.. superfluous. You can see how it actually adds an extra layer of lag and confusion. Who actually wants that when they are trying to play a game? And why would you need Kinect for voice recognition? It's been done on bloody smartphones for years already! Also, most of the new things they announced at LAST YEARS E3 still hasn't appeared in Sweden. Last time I checked, I could rent 17 movies in their movie store. Poltergeist 2 for three times the price of getting a brand new Blu-Ray rental from the 24/7 gas station 100 meters from my flat..

The Sony presentation was just.. boring. The only thing that made me raise my eyebrows was the announced price of the PS Vita. It's actually priced pretty fairly, and since it is based on Android, they have a chance to make a really interesting product. Imagine if it supports the app store so you can use it as a car-GPS and play cheap Android games on it, on top of all the other cool things it can do? Instant buy for me, in that case. Other than that, I really don't even remember anything else.

The Nintendo presentation reeked of greed and desperation. They have been making billions off of the Wii and now they make another equally crappy console and hope to repeat the success. I didn't get the Wii and I don't get the Wii U. All I know is that Wii U is the worst name of a console ever. Not only is the name dumb in the sense that it confuses people as to what the Wii U really is, they forgot to show the actual console at the presentation. Most people actually thought the controller was a peripheral to the old Wii! But I am sure Nintendo will make another mountain of money by releasing 30 year old Mario games with slightly upgraded graphics. Again.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Absolutely serious. My xbox is more often used for netflix, zune, last.fm and espn than for games and the search in those apps is used on a daily basis. In fact, same is true for a very large number of xboxes. 40% of xbox usage comes from non gaming utilization. That's a pretty big number for a gaming console. Obviously, catering to that market will return huge profits.

As of Kinect, I noticed that the big screen had a very considerable delay across all games. I've played with Fun Labs and it wasn't that laggy on my console. Frankly, it seems that the AV setup sucked. So far, I haven't had any kinect experiences ruined by lag in my personal experience. As of voice recognition, Kinect is needed because most of the time it's sitting 6+ feet from the user in a room(living room) that is usually the loudest in a household. Utilizing 4 mics for noise cancelation is a must.

Oh and MS doesn't give a rat's ass about Sweden. Live with it. Most of their content is for US/UK.

Again, realize that NS was presenting for their investors, who don't give a **** about games.