FO: NV (DLCS) Discussion

Is tomorrow today because of the Altantic ocean or is it the other way around.

The 19th.

Knowing Bethesda it will be 20th in most of the world before it comes out.

I'm good, I know.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I don't have the german version, so I can't do it.

Old World Blues update will be online as soon as I've got the DLC, btw.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Does any of the DLC address the 'You can go home, Courier 6' sign? Or why when the other Courier saw your name, he decided to quit the job?

Lonesome Road, I believe. I seem to recall hearing that Ulysses is that other courier.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There is a report that achievements are not implemented for OWB PC, yet.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got a dog gun though, it barks.

And people were complaining about Mothership Zeta.

the nma folks must be suffering collective apoplexy.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Are you bloody kidding me? Now it's 'updating' the entire 8gb. I don't have enough bandwidth for that, I'm in New Zealand.

A big, fat, steaming pile of screw you, Steam. I'd pay extra for my games just to shaft your 'service'.

OK, I've played it long enough to get through the big lengthy conversation at the beginning. It's entertaining (in a wacky mad-scientist who makes a lot of **** jokes way), but it really displays the weakness of the FO3/NV dialogue setup. It's disconcerting to talk to 5 different cyborgs while the camera is focused only on the one in front of you. I get that Obsidz did the best they could with the differences in the voice-acting (although a couple of the voices aren't quite different enough from each other) and with what caps/font/etc. notations they could make in the subtitles. But it's still jarring.

Also, the new radio station is neat. I like that recording of 'Round Midnight. I hope it sticks around for use after the DLC is completed.

I've had a general look around as well as the big conversation at the start.

(1) It's funny. Funniest writing in any of FO3 or FNV. Not particularly creative, but funny.

(2) The Big Empty is... big. I really don't want to bother with FNV's combat or gameplay anymore, so almost too big. Exploring is fun, though.

(3) Turns out I can ignore the stupid 8gb update. Woohoo!

It's disconcerting to talk to 5 different cyborgs while the camera is focused only on the one in front of you. I get that Obsidz did the best they could with the differences in the voice-acting (although a couple of the voices aren't quite different enough from each other) and with what caps/font/etc. notations they could make in the subtitles. But it's still jarring.

They explained it in the dialogue with "Why are you talking through the same voice box?"

I can't buy the DLC. Getting an error all the time, regardless of what I do. Steam doesn't want my money and I see no other way.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

When I saw this part of the dialogue, I wondered what America will have to say about it. After all, it's quite a lot talk about penises. :>

When I saw this part of the dialogue, I wondered what America will have to say about it. After all, it's quite a lot talk about penises. :>

Conservative America doesn't like sexual content that might be arousing or voyeuristic, but dirty jokes tend to be fine. Man-gets-hit-in-balls has been family friendly entertainment for at least 20 years now.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I can't believe that none of you heartless bastards thought to interrupt me with a flurry of messages to tell me I can buy the DLC now.

~

ROFL My Fallout NV addicted housemate/lodger actually woke up in the night and couldn't sleep. He doesn't know yet, but it seems his sudden awakening coincided almost precisely with the new DLC going on sale.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.