FO: NV (DLCS) Discussion

It looks ridicules as Honest Hearts. Maybe Lonesome Road will be worth something. The FNV DLCs aren't really catching my attention to get. They need something good like The Pitt or Operation Anchorage.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Operation Anchorage.

Come again? We need more z-grade rail shooter add-ons?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The reason I like Anchorage is because it was dealing with the old world which is something I'm interested in. You were pretty much placed in the old world even if it was a hologram.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

It looks ridicules as Honest Hearts.

What exactly was so ridiculous about HH?

I get that religious nuts, tribals and outdoors are not everybody's thing but it never struck me as being terrible.

And this is the first DLC that seemingly ditches cowboys and goes back to the pseudo-50s feel.

Thats reason enough to hope that this time I will actually be able to buy the bloody thing.

I like my post apocalypse world to be like Mad Max, Boy and His God, etc not this science fiction stuff involving being a lab rat being experimented on. It reminds me of that alien nonsense of Mothership Zeta in F3. It doesn't look to 50's to me from what I saw and read. I would love a DLC that has that 50's feel since I'm a fan of the 50's and the Cold War.

Honest Hearts is certainly not my thing since I don't believe society would devolve into a bunch of scantly clad primates beating drums and throwing spears. Most people of civilized countries are educated and any of those survivors of the apocalypse would make use of their knowledge and use the surviving technology, housing, books, etc to their advantage.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

The reason I like Anchorage is because it was dealing with the old world which is something I'm interested in. You were pretty much placed in the old world even if it was a hologram.

Yeah, that's cool. I've got nothing against the old world at all. But the gameplay and story in O:A was extremely lackluster. Which is being generous since there was really no story or character interaction and the gameplay was what FO3 did least well: be a pure FPS.

I'm not sure what OWB is actually about, but it at least LOOKS like it might be interesting.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the new patch. Then again, perhaps no one but Lucian has been playing since the patch. I know I haven't.

I've pretty much decided I'm going to stick with patch 1.3 until all the DLC are out and I'm convinced no more patches are coming. I get tired of starting a new game and/or needing to download a new GECK, NVSE, readjusting mods, blah blah each time. Which is fine...by the time it's finally all done, I may feel like playing it obsessively again. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just started playing again after waiting for the FOOK mod to get updated with the patch.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Huh, I just remembered, that OWB is going to be released tomorrow... Totally forgot about that.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So, it's out on steam now in north america. I can't even access the store page from here. Will be interesting to see when it becomes possible... Not that I have anything to hurry now, can't do this at work anyway, but still. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So, it's out on steam now in north america. I can't even access the store page from here. Will be interesting to see when it becomes possible... Not that I have anything to hurry now, can't do this at work anyway, but still. :>

So now we europeans are even getting dlcs later? How nice.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Well, thats depending on steam, pretty much. Guess we just have been lucky the last time, because I think Dead Money was released later here as well.

What's the point of achievements. I mean I get it in a challenge arcade type game, doing something that's really hard that other people couldn't, that's a bit like typing your name in the top 10. But when you get one every other minute whenever a stat hits a round number.... I don't even look at them anymore.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I think I remember a story where someone (may or may not have been a reviewer) was berating a game, the ending was bad, etc... then someone took a look at his achievements, and the guy didn't even finish the first half.

They're at least a bit useful. :p