What you did today

Gorth

It's being a miserably grey and drizzly day here.

Same here. We call it "winter" :lol:

Yes, but tis supposed to be the middle of Summer here...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Went to a friend's birthday party and played AD&D for about seven hours before heading out - have a date with her on Tuesday so hopefully that goes well, if nothing else we can resort to talking about the three games we're in if things get too awkward (Vampire: The Masquerade -mine-, Wraith: The Oblivion -another friend's-, and AD&D -hers-).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's being a miserably grey and drizzly day here.

Same here. We call it "winter" :lol:

Yes, but tis supposed to be the middle of Summer here...

It wouldn't be summer in the UK without rain, we've had our sun for the year!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I do have to say.. having been buried in various research the last week or two related to drug cartels, assassinations, death squads, kidnapping, human rights abuses, torture, bombings and general shenanigans... It really does seem to put you into an emotional place filled with a whole lot of angst, depression and general anger.

Which has been a little disconcerting. But still. As ever, onwards with a fresh cup of tea.

Antsy all damn day.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Celebrated my daughters birthday this weekend. Man has 11 years flown by. Started off with the normal festivities and ended with six of her little girlfriends sleeping over. The entire evening was punctuated with occasional screams (watching scary movies) and unbridled laughter (they were crank calling people). Good times.

Spending today wishing I were smarter and had a better job, doing the Peter Gibbons "space out at my desk" thing today,

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Celebrated my daughters birthday this weekend. Man has 11 years flown by. Started off with the normal festivities and ended with six of her little girlfriends sleeping over. The entire evening was punctuated with occasional screams (watching scary movies) and unbridled laughter (they were crank calling people). Good times.

Sinister... Thats what I thought as I read this, then I realised I was the one with evil thoughts. Shame on me I guess .

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Not at all, Nightshape. I can remember being an 11 year old boy, and am quite certain that 11 year old girls are still just as evil.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not at all, Nightshape. I can remember being an 11 year old boy, and am quite certain that 11 year old girls are still just as evil.

"Women are the root of all evil. And teenage girls have yet to learn how to use their power for good."

Edit: After all, there was a reason Harem doors had locks on the outside as well..... ;)

Edited by Raithe

I have a near-uncontrollable urge to get a puppy. In fact, it's no longer at the "a puppy" stage, it's progressed now into the point where I actually know one I want to buy. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Dogs are cool, I have one, just be aware that they require a lot of attention. You cant go anywhere longer than one day without getting a dog-sitter because you need to be able to get home to let it out and feed it. Thats why I love cats. They crap in a box in the corner and you can just fill an enormous bowl of food and the cat will eat it for days unlike a dog that just cant help itself and will eat the whole bowl in one sitting.

I have a near-uncontrollable urge to get a puppy. In fact, it's no longer at the "a puppy" stage, it's progressed now into the point where I actually know one I want to buy. :)

Reread through my posts the last 3 months or so. See how many include variants of "bloody puppy" "puppy threw up" "puppy eat the antique such and such" "puppy took a dump on the carpet" "puppy tries to eat the cat" and other assorted...

However, I will also point out that walking cute puppies can induce pretty women to linger in your area.

Also judge whether you'll have time/energy to walk it appropriately....

Oh, I'm aware of all these things, we've had dogs before. Which is the reason why I'm fighting the urge, I have no idea where I'm going to wind up working and whether the weekly hours are going to be closer to 40 or 80. Still, could use a small furry friend right now. :sorcerer:

Urf. Well tis been a delightfully sunny day here... although the morning was a touch distracting with the puppy doing about a dozen things mentioned previously (although nothing in the vomit or bodily functions style).

However, I have a roughly 19 page or so report written now. Technically I'd say its finished, but I know I'm probably going to keep poking at it over tonight and the early part of the morning before it has to be sent off. But I'm going to force myself to take a break from such tweaking for a few hours now.. I need a serious mental palate cleanser. I might dabble at some ME2 or some such.

I need a serious mental palate cleanser. I might dabble at some ME2 or some such.

I've found it to be quite good for that. If I wasn't doing my doctorate, I seriously doubt I would have played through it so many times already. :D

However, I will also point out that walking cute puppies can induce pretty women to linger in your area.

Or small dogs. Always seem to get ladies passing by to go "awww" at my dachshunds. Can be annoying though, trying to walk the frigging dog not deal with random women. Speaking of which, weather's great to walk him a long distance. Might do 1.5 km today rather than the typical 800 m.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dogs are cool, I have one, just be aware that they require a lot of attention. You cant go anywhere longer than one day without getting a dog-sitter because you need to be able to get home to let it out and feed it. Thats why I love cats. They crap in a box in the corner and you can just fill an enormous bowl of food and the cat will eat it for days unlike a dog that just cant help itself and will eat the whole bowl in one sitting.

You know what's even more low maintenance? Imaginary friends. Except the advantage of an imaginary friend is that you can pretend it cares about whether you live or die. Unlike a cat.

-Elwood Blues

Muah-Hah-Hah!

I cackle evilly.

My sister is looking for a new laptop. I just introduced her to Alienware. She's now sitting there, alternating between "Oohh..Pretty lights" and "Oh you bastard!" for showing her that place...

:o

Muah-Hah-Hah!

I cackle evilly.

My sister is looking for a new laptop. I just introduced her to Alienware. She's now sitting there, alternating between "Oohh..Pretty lights" and "Oh you bastard!" for showing her that place...

o:)

Is she hot? :shifty:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Muah-Hah-Hah!

I cackle evilly.

o:)

Is she hot? :thumbsup:

Semi-related, I have a friend's hot kid sister coming on pretty strong (I might have mentioned this before, but she's just coming on stronger than ever before). She's REALLY good-looking, but not really my type (short - and I don't like that, and it seems wrong because I know so many other guys do), smart, but borderline communist with an exceptionally strong streak of do-gooding. So basically, she's definitely in the pump and dump category, and an exceptional specimen at that, but I just can't bring myself to do it because she's a friend's sister.

****!