Mass Effect 3

bioware statements is less dependable than they once was. is possibly a function of being tied to ea, or might simply be a matter o' their size, but whatever the reasons, board statements is not worth a whole lot.

no doubt somebody at ea and/or bio is considering the future. lord knows that Gromnir gots 0 interest in mp, but every publisher seems to want to create the next wow... in spite o' the seeming insurmountable odds 'gainst replicating blizzard's success. bio is working on the old republic, but lucas is owning that property. ssssoooooo... if ea is wanting to squeeze more juice outta the me franchise following me3, they is no doubt considering ways to do so... and testing me multiplayer seems like a reasonable next step. from a business pov, it probable makes sense to test me mp with the release o' me3, regardless o' how that might affect the quality o' me3.

*snort*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"bioware statements is less dependable than they once was."

fLAT OUT LIE.

thanks. vol has not yet learned that his contradiction makes any statement more likely rather than less. hypothetical: some loon predicts that the world will end in fire and blood on december 12, 2012. we would dismiss such prophecy as nonsense, right up until the point vol called the loon a liar. sure, is still astronomic unlikely that the world will end on 12/12/12, but vol certainty would have resulted in a small germ o' doubt gaining roots in our mind.

is always a bit shocking when vol is right. the world makes a bit less sense when vol is on the correct side o' an issue.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

bioware statements is less dependable than they once was.

I agree, but the last time I've seen them flat out deny something that did eventually take place was the ME2 PS3 version. And even then the senior project staff were dancing around the issue, while "Evil" Chris Priestly did the denying.

Not that I care one way or the other, I've not played a single MP game outside of NFSHP in the last 5-6 years. Seems like an odd issue to keep coming up. Well, they probably can do co-op better now with their SWTOR experience than they could back in the BG/2/NWN days...

Also, Raithe is referring to the same thing I was.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Also, Raithe is referring to the same thing I was.

Vaguely referring ;) I assumed it was something in that vein and pulling that from my memory.. but you never know if there'd been more then one statement along those lines.

But yeah, Hudson really was quite emphatic about it... so I'd lay odds the rumourmill is picking up something ME Universe-related but not ME3 itself... Unless something really bizarre has happened.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 2 weeks later...

That was pretty bad, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I still think that's the worst trailer I've seen Bioware release.

Yes. its.. "game footage" where they keep flipping the view point around in non-game manner.

Or at least that's the way it comes across.. You get used to them producing slick trailers and then they throw something like that at you...

Edit: But for the good point, it at least had decent music.. :)

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Interns need something to do, too.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

ok so i see i wasn't the only one who thought that looked awful. just show actual gameplay, don't splice together a wannabe teaser thing from gameplay footage, it looks stupid.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Look, it has enemies jumping down from roofs!

It's certainly more realistic than enemies jumping out of closets and public toilets!

Dude, enemies jumping out of toilets. Most realistic scenario ever. Happened to me last week in lincoln park.

Bed Intruders!

But no seriously, I thought Mass Effect was the most modern game ever. Unless your in lincoln park or listening to linkin park, I don't see how either of those things make sense.

yeah. i noticed that too... all the dragon age 2 haters probably had a simultaneous heart attack.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

yeah. i noticed that too... all the dragon age 2 haters probably had a simultaneous heart attack.

Ok I'm back from the hospital (because of my heart attack) Please don't link to stuff like that anymore, you are going to kill me.

Seriously though, ME3 feels more like ME2.v3.1

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ok I'm back from the hospital (because of my heart attack) Please don't link to stuff like that anymore, you are going to kill me.

Seriously though, ME3 feels more like ME2.v3.1

Now you're sounding like the "FONV is just an expansion because it looks similar!" guys. It wasn't very convincing back then, either... :o

Now you're sounding like the "FONV is just an expansion because it looks similar!" guys. It wasn't very convincing back then, either... :verymad:

Not that there was anything wrong with that since I enjoyed FO3, but I'm left wondering if more than the gameplay carried from ME2 (please not the storytelling).

Now i'm reminded of a great example the AC series, you could argue that they all look similar and they do. But each game improves on the problems of it's predecessor, if BW can pull that off with ME3 i'm down with it. Although it feels more that its another experiment paving their way into that ideal game that will allow them to keep their fans and get the COD crowd.

In other words; they are looking for the fabled unicorn.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Now you're sounding like the "FONV is just an expansion because it looks similar!" guys. It wasn't very convincing back then, either... :verymad:

Not that there was anything wrong with that since I enjoyed FO3, but I'm left wondering if more than the gameplay carried from ME2 (please not the storytelling).

Now i'm reminded of a great example the AC series, you could argue that they all look similar and they do. But each game improves on the problems of it's predecessor, if BW can pull that off with ME3 i'm down with it. Although it feels more that its another experiment paving their way into that ideal game that will allow them to keep their fans and get the COD crowd.

In other words; they are looking for the fabled unicorn.

So now it doesn't look the same?

So now it doesn't look the same?

I never said that, I put forth the example of AC because every game in the series bears strong resemblance to the previous one. Yet they always manage to improve upon the series by fixing their errors and making every game an improvement over their predecessor. So that while it may look similar it is only because they retain the good elements.

Which its a contrast to BW and their search to make an Action/RPG that its accessible to the casual crowd by streamlining (removing all RPG elements) Personally I think they are just going to make a repeat of ME2 with some new "awesome" antic to attract attention.

Guess my point can be distilled into, looking similar its not a flaw as long as the similarities are for the better and there is an improvement over the faults.

village_idiot.gif

Guess my point can be distilled into, looking similar its not a flaw as long as the similarities are for the better and there is an improvement over the faults.

Now this I can agree with.

However, you'll have to agree that the "betterment" process the creators of AC faced was a lot simpler than the one that had to be done for ME1? Hence, how missteps are a lot more understandable in that context...