Mass Effect 3

I think the main reason they haven't showed Miranda yet is that they are reworking her face - as they obviously, like the machines in Matrix, lacked the programming language to recreate the perfection of Yvonne Strahovski's facial features the first time around.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And the announcement of what the Collectors Edition will contain is now out..

Content Revealed

n7_ce_vignette-en-p.jpg

Edit: And yes, that is a "Robotic Dog" as an extra...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"Additional downloadable mission and character?"

Really?

Yeah, **** you and your day 1 DLC.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

"Additional downloadable mission and character?"

Really?

Yeah, **** you and your day 1 DLC.

If its like last few bioware games, people will have access to that mission and character with every copy of ME3 regardless of collectors edition or not. Just that "encouragement" to not buy second-hand games.

If its like last few bioware games, people will have access to that mission and character with every copy of ME3 regardless of collectors edition or not. Just that "encouragement" to not buy second-hand games.

What "last few BioWare games"? Because Dragon Age II sure as hell didn't do that. You either pre-ordered it before you could get a good idea of how it played or were screwed and didn't get the Signature Edition with the additional character and quest.

What "last few BioWare games"? Because Dragon Age II sure as hell didn't do that. You either pre-ordered it before you could get a good idea of how it played or were screwed and didn't get the Signature Edition with the additional character and quest.

I thought the whole Lost Prince missions and added character were available to anyone who picked up a copy of DA2?

They did it with DA, they did it with ME2...

Looks just like ME2 to me.

Which isn't a bad thing if they actually include a story this time.

And "I called it" for the onrails shooter-segment(s). Though I sure wish I was wrong...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

And "I called it" for the onrails shooter-segment(s). Though I sure wish I was wrong...

To be fair, the occasional onrails shooter segment in a game can work for the storyline..and a certain element of cinematic drama.

I wouldn't want the whole game to run like it.. but odd moments within the game can be enjoyable.

Guest Slinky
I wouldn't want the whole game to run like it.. but odd moments within the game can be enjoyable.

I agree. The more a shooter/FPS game has diversity like this, the more likely I like it.

ME3 is not a shooter, because it's not designed around the same principles as you would design a shooter.

RPGs, and ARPGs, are often designed like film sets with some more or less linear tube levels.

A real shooter (first-person shooter) has different requirements for level design.

"I know nothing about the gameplay apart from a couple tiny segments, but because I arbitrarily classify it as X, it must be Y and Z".

The success of cod with its "linear tube levels" hasn't made it an ARPG while I was looking the other way, was it? :D

For both DAO and DA2 Bio had 2 day 1 DLCs, one as a part of project 10 $ and the other to sweeten a special edition of the game (Preorder only signature edition for DA2, all digital CE versions for DAO). I can't remember how ME2 was, I think it was just the minimal CE bonus and Cerberus Network (and Zaeed, specifically) for the Project. This one looks like it's a rerun of ME2, even though the CE bonuses are a little bit less mild this time around.

I think getting "screwed" out of Sebastian paints an overly rosy picture of that thing's quality. :lol: Hell, you could probably get both for less than the sig ed price just a couple of weeks after the release, anyway.

ME3 is not a shooter, because it's not designed around the same principles as you would design a shooter.

RPGs, and ARPGs, are often designed like film sets with some more or less linear tube levels.

A real shooter (first-person shooter) has different requirements for level design.

"I know nothing about the gameplay apart from a couple tiny segments, but because I arbitrarily classify it as X, it must be Y and Z".

The success of cod with its "linear tube levels" hasn't made it an ARPG while I was looking the other way, was it? :D

Sorry pal, I was talking about proper first person shooters, not explosive on-rails Hollywood blockbuster "experiences".

I think getting "screwed" out of Sebastian paints an overly rosy picture of that thing's quality. :lol: Hell, you could probably get both for less than the sig ed price just a couple of weeks after the release, anyway.

I wasn't talking about quality (I haven't even played the main game, let alone the Sebastian DLC), but about getting less content at the same time because you didn't pre-order before an arbitrary time limit.

Sorry pal, I was talking about proper first person shooters, not explosive on-rails Hollywood blockbuster "experiences".

Oh, another genre I'd never heard of right there, then!

I think getting "screwed" out of Sebastian paints an overly rosy picture of that thing's quality. :* Hell, you could probably get both for less than the sig ed price just a couple of weeks after the release, anyway.

I wasn't talking about quality (I haven't even played the main game, let alone the Sebastian DLC), but about getting less content at the same time because you didn't pre-order before an arbitrary time limit.

As injustices go, I consider your case to be the smallest I have ever encountered. :p

EA has pushed these limited preorder editions for some games of late, NFS Hot Pursuit, at least, and I think Battlefield 3 is also going to have one, as alternatives to a limited in quantity CE. Frankly, if the alternative is a numerically limited CE or upgrading all orders before a certain date to a special edition to make sure that quantities are available (and, as you point out, force people into preordering before they can hear the Truth from Gamespot and IGN ;)), I'd rather go with the latter.

Edited by Nepenthe