What are you playing now?

i'm playing "get ready for my wedding", its expensive, stress-inducing, includes lots of un-fun minigames (envelope stuffing, postage stamp licking), and is very time consuming. At the rate the world is turning it will take me about 10 days to finish the game, and then I can move on and try something else.

If you beat it with your bat, you can get your money back.

Or is that a different game?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

different game, but at least this one really DOES have cake at the end.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

All you're getting is cake? You're being robbed.

Edited by Tale

i think i just threw up in my mouth a little, thanks virumor!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Black Phantoms in Valley of Defilement? What are you playing on Black World Tendency?

I was exploring the poison swamp when suddenly a black phantom with a Meat Cleaver attacks me. It could dodge and roll, all I could do was panick, "****, ****, I don't want to die!" * dies*. Was not playing in Black World tendency. It doesn't matter anymore, because I finally beat the game. The boss for that level was not as challenging as I feared. Used a Kris Blade+Insanity Catalyst + Ring of Magical Sharpness, one fire storm took him out. The next boss battle was even easier. I took a left and fought Garl Vinland. He just stood there and wouldn't follow me. Quite easy. Make him attack, dodge, get a hit or two, rince and repeat. I also used fire magic, because I was using a Crescent Falchion +4 so that helped regaining mp. Was slowly making my way to the Maiden thinking that she would do bad things to me, but what happened next was totally unexpected.

The False King was the last boss left and it was the most enjoyable fight in the game. Had to use 15 Full Moon Grass in that fight alone. What bugs me is that I don't know where to look for my total death count. Nothing popped up after beating the game.

That's different then. Valley of the defilement is the name of world and first level and i'm used to people using that name just for the level until Leechmonger.

Actually the boss is the woman down there and you can snipe her.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

i'm playing "get ready for my wedding", its expensive, stress-inducing, includes lots of un-fun minigames (envelope stuffing, postage stamp licking), and is very time consuming. At the rate the world is turning it will take me about 10 days to finish the game, and then I can move on and try something else.

I hear the sequel "Marriage" is really good at the start, but goes down hill quickly.

Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword

It's... certainly a deviation from before, I'm still trying to figure out the troop upgrading between this and Warband.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's... certainly a deviation from before, I'm still trying to figure out the troop upgrading between this and Warband.

So is it worth getting? I'm still enjoying Warband, but there wasn't much of a jump from the original M&B and Warband. Is this a bigger change?

Black Phantoms in Valley of Defilement? What are you playing on Black World Tendency?

I was exploring the poison swamp when suddenly a black phantom with a Meat Cleaver attacks me. It could dodge and roll, all I could do was panick, "****, ****, I don't want to die!" * dies*. Was not playing in Black World tendency. It doesn't matter anymore, because I finally beat the game. The boss for that level was not as challenging as I feared. Used a Kris Blade+Insanity Catalyst + Ring of Magical Sharpness, one fire storm took him out. The next boss battle was even easier. I took a left and fought Garl Vinland. He just stood there and wouldn't follow me. Quite easy. Make him attack, dodge, get a hit or two, rince and repeat. I also used fire magic, because I was using a Crescent Falchion +4 so that helped regaining mp. Was slowly making my way to the Maiden thinking that she would do bad things to me, but what happened next was totally unexpected.

The False King was the last boss left and it was the most enjoyable fight in the game. Had to use 15 Full Moon Grass in that fight alone. What bugs me is that I don't know where to look for my total death count. Nothing popped up after beating the game.

That's different then. Valley of the defilement is the name of world and first level and i'm used to people using that name just for the level until Leechmonger.

Actually the boss is the woman down there and you can snipe her.

Killing her guard wasn't difficult. It also means you don't have to fight her.

So is it worth getting? I'm still enjoying Warband, but there wasn't much of a jump from the original M&B and Warband. Is this a bigger change?

Yeah. You no longer recruit men by just showing up at their villiage and asking "Yo! you all wanna be warriors?" Instead you have to go to a merc camp and hire them, and then you can also purchase uprades equipment wise for them at the same camp.

Also the inclusion of fire-arms has made it seem much harder to grind those first few levels/prestige because the rifles can two shot you if they get lucky enough. Also you start in an automatic area that teaches you the basics every time, and you start with a firearm of some kind that is just ridiculous in terms of damage per shot but takes 5-10 seconds to reload every time. Sort of like crouched lances in previous games, but instead of being a mobile target all the time you are jerky stop-go all the time because of hte need for aiming.

They also changed the quest system... You can do regular jobs, or you can do "special" jobs for people, and I think you can also create your own caravans. Admittedly I haven't gone very far.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah. You no longer recruit men by just showing up at their villiage and asking "Yo! you all wanna be warriors?" Instead you have to go to a merc camp and hire them, and then you can also purchase uprades equipment wise for them at the same camp.

Also the inclusion of fire-arms has made it seem much harder to grind those first few levels/prestige because the rifles can two shot you if they get lucky enough. Also you start in an automatic area that teaches you the basics every time, and you start with a firearm of some kind that is just ridiculous in terms of damage per shot but takes 5-10 seconds to reload every time. Sort of like crouched lances in previous games, but instead of being a mobile target all the time you are jerky stop-go all the time because of hte need for aiming.

They also changed the quest system... You can do regular jobs, or you can do "special" jobs for people, and I think you can also create your own caravans. Admittedly I haven't gone very far.

Just started dl it. Really enjoyed M&B and Warband especially with mods, so really looking forward to it.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I hear the sequel "Marriage" is really good at the start, but goes down hill quickly.

depends on how good a player you are, both during the game prior to wedding, and after marriage. If you did well enough, it only get's better as you get further along.

depends on how good a player you are, both during the game prior to wedding, and after marriage. If you did well enough, it only get's better as you get further along.

That's a bug. I hear it gets fixed in the next patch.

That's a bug. I hear it gets fixed in the next patch.

I downloaded the boy and girl DLC's. They were pretty pricey, and there was a lot of grinding out diaper and bottle changes, but the AI is super impressive.

to hurlshot: that was cute.

yeah we're still a few years from wanting kids. spending money on travel is a higher priority right now, and paying off my school loans.

edit: oh and im currently playing: SSF4, MK9, and... oblivion!!!

oblivion is really boring :teehee:

Edited by entrerix

I've picked up my old TF2 habit.

Given Witcher 2's impending release, and that I'm still undecided whether I even want to play it, I've decided to give Witcher another try. Third time's the charm, etc. It's probably not a good sign that I've just started and I'm already dreading going through the swamp.

Ah well, as Oddball says, "Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves." So I'm gonna get through the swamp this time, and the game gets better after that, right?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Guest Slinky
I would like to play Fallout 1 again. Can someone recommend a good mod? At least a high-res mod/patch? >_<

1.2 Semi-Official Patch

1.3.5 Unofficial Patch

NPC Mod 3.5

Children patch for UK version

Fallout1 High Resolution Patch 2.2b

Install in that order. Patches fix bugs, NPC Mod makes followers to level up like in F2, children patch adds kids back in the game in censored UK version and Hi-res allows to use bigger resolutions.

Third time's the charm, etc. It's probably not a good sign that I've just started and I'm already dreading going through the swamp.

The swamp is annoying only the first time, after you kill all the mooks that attack you by the roads it's ok.

Install in that order. Patches fix bugs, NPC Mod makes followers to level up like in F2, children patch adds kids back in the game in censored UK version and Hi-res allows to use bigger resolutions.

Thank you! :(

Now that a mod I like has been updated to be compatible with the current version of FNV. now I can get back to playing it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester