What are you playing now?

oh well, guild wars 2 is supposed to come out this year or next right??

looking forward to that

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

So Rift feels a bit like WoW, only better? I've been staring at it for a while now, but not sure I wanted to get into another online game. I tend to become too addicted to them. The notion of rifts appearing that require a group to close sounds kinda fun. That would be more my kind of group dynamic - ppl sometimes randomly grouping to do that (vs dungeon instance runs).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So Rift feels a bit like WoW, only better? I've been staring at it for a while now, but not sure I wanted to get into another online game. I tend to become too addicted to them. The notion of rifts appearing that require a group to close sounds kinda fun. That would be more my kind of group dynamic - ppl sometimes randomly grouping to do that (vs dungeon instance runs).

Yeah. It seems like they took what has worked from WoW (the control scheme, stories through zones, basic class and stat mechanics) and then dropped what hadn't, and then refined that into this with an updated graphics engine. The way I put it to a friend was that this would be about the game that Blizz would LIKE warcraft to be, but don't have time to make the necessary changes to update the art/quests/mechanics and keep up with the demands of the players.

Also the rifts and invasions are actually really fun. Instead of having to go "OH crap! Psst you wanna help me out?" you just hit a button and are placed within a raid or group that's dealing with the rift(s). I've seen a lot of people being helpful which is nice after the calcified WoW community that expects you to know everything off the bat.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Rift definitely shares a lot in common with WoW, but it also borrows some of the strongest elements from all the recent MMO's that have come out. The nice thing is they pull it off very well, and the actual world, story line, and characters is fairly engaging. That took me by surprise the most, the two factions are both sympathetic causes. I've played through a good chunk of the Defiant story line and it is well done.

So I've been playing on Crucia (level 25 Paladin/Void Knight) but I am willing to switch servers to group with Obsidianites. So far it sounds like Mal is on Gnarlwoord and Calax is between Faeblight/Arcanis. I don't mind RP servers, they tend to have a mature player base, but I'm not tied to being on one.

You guys have any specific servers that stand out for a good reason?

Join us LC :lol:

Ent, you can get the monthly fee down to about $10 a month is you go with a 3-month plan.

Anyone play the Black Mirror games? My current adventure binge has me looking at a II/III combo pack.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Rift definitely shares a lot in common with WoW, but it also borrows some of the strongest elements from all the recent MMO's that have come out. The nice thing is they pull it off very well, and the actual world, story line, and characters is fairly engaging. That took me by surprise the most, the two factions are both sympathetic causes. I've played through a good chunk of the Defiant story line and it is well done.

So I've been playing on Crucia (level 25 Paladin/Void Knight) but I am willing to switch servers to group with Obsidianites. So far it sounds like Mal is on Gnarlwoord and Calax is between Faeblight/Arcanis. I don't mind RP servers, they tend to have a mature player base, but I'm not tied to being on one.

You guys have any specific servers that stand out for a good reason?

Join us LC :)

Ent, you can get the monthly fee down to about $10 a month is you go with a 3-month plan.

I'm mainly on several servers simply because I've got friends who popped up on each different one :lol: Haven't found communities on any of em.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm 27 and a Guardian. I'm EST though, that's worth noting. I think you guys are all PST ? I'm up to move to a different server though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm 27 and a Guardian. I'm EST though, that's worth noting. I think you guys are all PST ? I'm up to move to a different server though.

Do you have a Steam account? Calax and I are talking about it now. Time zones aren't an issue, I go to bed early enough to play with EST folks.

Yep, I have a Steam account, ID is Reclusiarch.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well friended you anyway, and joined the apparent forum dweller group.

I would be willing to start a new character with people who are gonna group up. Right now, I'm on Todrin with a lvl 47 so far and various alts, but if you let me know what server and Defiant or Guardian, I'd really like to join. My Steam name is SadExchange. I'm in the central states as well.

Edited by SadExchange

Finished Runaway 1, on to Runaway 2.

It violates a few of Ron Gilbert's laws, but it still manages to be enjoyable.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing Metro 2033. Can't be bothered to start a new FNV char before I know when Honest Hearts is coming out :)

I never could play Metro 2033 longer than 15 minutes. The retarded Russian accent got totally on my nerves, also the game was way too linear.

Aye, the accent is annoying. It's a shooter, so it's supposed to be linear :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

metro 2033 was ok for a few hours, i think i stopped about 3 hours in and don't regret my decision, there was some neat stuff going on, but the game was not fun to play.

thinking about replaying the witcher.

does anyone know if the witcher 2 on gog is preorder only? or will i still be able to buy it on gog in a few months?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Do you use voice? I don't like voice, especially w/my allergies meaning I cough and sneeze into a mic all the time. :)

It would definitely be fun to hang out with y'all. I keep hoping for a game I'd like where it would happen. I'll think about it, but at the moment I'm not sure I'd have the dedication for it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest Slinky
does anyone know if the witcher 2 on gog is preorder only? or will i still be able to buy it on gog in a few months?

GOG lets customers to download their games any time they want from the site, so they are going to keep the game in their server = 99.9999999999% probability you can buy it from there any time you want after the release.

I started up a new replay of NV a while back, vainly believing that Honest Hearts would be revealed this century but it appears we'll have to wait. Still gonna save the character I've got going for it though.

But I'm playing Dead Money for the second time now. I really enjoy the companions, they are really excellent. Dean Domino's one cool cat.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Do you use voice? I don't like voice, especially w/my allergies meaning I cough and sneeze into a mic all the time. :)

It would definitely be fun to hang out with y'all. I keep hoping for a game I'd like where it would happen. I'll think about it, but at the moment I'm not sure I'd have the dedication for it.

I have a mic, but my daughter broke it awhile back. I don't really see the need for voice chat in MMO's, the action is fairly slow. Granted I've never been big on raids, and I hear that is where it is more important.

I think there is a free weekend or there was one recently, I'll try to remember to PM you the next time they have one.