Mass Effect 3

Gorth

It also has the single most overpowered gun in the game. You also get a new outfit for either your female or male Sheperd (to use on the Normandy). :p

And Kasumi is quite powerful too with her teleporting backstabbing. :D

That sounds like the teleporting rogue in the DA2 demo.

It's must better though.

Labadal dunno, she was very useful for me, even on Insanity.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Kasumi was crazy good at lower levels for me. Almost addictively good. As the levels got higher, I seemed to have her less useful to me, maybe just my playstyle. By the end she would be mowed down pretty quick, still, I liked the DLC. I probably wouldn't use Kasumi if I had already beaten the game, I don't think she'd be worth it just for end game stuff. I'd say you'd at least want half the game left in order to best enjoy what she brings to the fight.

Why is it not worth it? What are the problems with it?

It's weak, plot-wise. There's only a few characters in it, some not at all interesting, and some used really badly.

You can't take your squad members with you. It has some neat mini-gamey stuff though, but just a little.

Basically, more of the same.

Does it bridge Mass Effect 2 decently to Mass Effect 3 at least? Are there any important plot points in it?

How can you answer that without spoilers? :)

I'd assume it does try to bridge to ME3, but not knowing what all ME3 is going to do, I can't be sure.

Here's the plot with spoilers, for anyone interested:

- An agent in Batarian space finds a Reaper artifact.

- Artifact reveals Reapers are arriving at that system in two days. No explanation is given as to how (or I missed it).

- Agent makes a plan to destroy the relay in the system, to prevent the Reapers from immediately being able to get to other systems.

- Reaper artifact brainwashes agent.

- Agent is caught up by Batarians.

- Shepard is sent to save the Agent from the Batarians.

- Brainwashed Agent turns on Shepard, to prevent Sheppie from destroying the relay.

- Shepard destroyes the relay; Reapers still arrive there, just can't get to anywhere else immediately. Supposedly will take them months or a few years.

Why is it not worth it? What are the problems with it?

Does it bridge Mass Effect 2 decently to Mass Effect 3 at least? Are there any important plot points in it?

No spoilers please. :thumbsup:

ah...how do I reply without spoilers? I don't think I can answer the question without including spoilers.

So wait, how the hell did the Reapers get into the Milky Way in the first place? Even with FTL speed it'd take an enormous amount of time. Is this another retcon?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So wait, how the hell did the Reapers get into the Milky Way in the first place? Even with FTL speed it'd take an enormous amount of time. Is this another retcon?

Black holes, black gaping holes in the ME plot.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Even with FTL speed it'd take an enormous amount of time.
Actually, with FTL speed, nothing takes an enormous amount of time. Given that "FTL speed" is any and every speed over c.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, its the same price as Overlord. Is it as good as Overlord? I haven't had a chance to sit down at my PC and buy it yet. And while seven dollars isn't exactly a huge loss, I'd still prefer to avoid disappointment.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Even with FTL speed it'd take an enormous amount of time.
Actually, with FTL speed, nothing takes an enormous amount of time. Given that "FTL speed" is any and every speed over c.

FTL speed in Mass Effect is great but they still need relays. FTL travel takes a lot of time and will only get you across a nebula at best, so yeah, if Bio adds another retcon then it just gets silly, especially if they just handwave it as "Oh Reapers have really really fast FTL drives" because that'd just make the entire Citadel plot useless.

... I wouldn't be surprised though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest The Architect
FTL speed in Mass Effect is great but they still need relays. FTL travel takes a lot of time and will only get you across a nebula at best, so yeah, if Bio adds another retcon then it just gets silly, especially if they just handwave it as "Oh Reapers have really really fast FTL drives" because that'd just make the entire Citadel plot useless.

... I wouldn't be surprised though.

Is that so?

FTL without the relays just means it could take years, not seconds, for the Reapers to get to the Milky Way. They weren't stuck in dark space, they were just looking for a way to get to the Citadel instantly.

Going from memory I don't think the Citadel plot was ever about the Reapers not being able to get to us without it, the game ends with Shepard saying they're still coming after all. I thought the big point behind the Citadel scheme was to give the Reapers a huge advantage when they launched their campaign by disrupting communications and sending everyone into dissaray from having lost their leadership. I suppose black holes do retcon that a bit, since they're still launching a surprise attack by a similar method but it's still plausable that they adjusted their plans after Sovreign failed.

Edited by Serrano

Going from memory I don't think the Citadel plot was ever about the Reapers not being able to get to us without it, the game ends with Shepard saying they're still coming after all. I thought the big point behind the Citadel scheme was to give the Reapers a huge advantage when they launched their campaign by disrupting communications and sending everyone into dissaray from having lost their leadership. I suppose black holes do retcon that a bit, since they're still launching a surprise attack by a similar method but it's still plausable that they adjusted their plans after Sovreign failed.

Dropping in on the citadel gave the Reapers access to the relay network controls so they can turn things on and off as they wish, isolating systems from each other. It also gave them access to any government information that was stored on the citadel, perhaps locations of colonies or other settlements which could tell them what areas they had to cleanse.

They built the damn things, you would think they would be able to find the on/of switch. Like how in ME2 humanity is being invaded through the mysterious omega relay that no one ever uses except the collectors. Why didn't someone think to blow the thing up. Invasion over.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Guest The Architect

Yeah that, too. Anyway, I don't see how the Reapers getting to the Milky Way by FTL is in any way a plot hole. They were on their way during ME2, add that, plus another year or two, when ME3 is likely to take place, and it's plausible.

And Gorgon, hahaha. True.

Edited by The Architect