What you did today

Gorth

Disenchanted with the pub last night. I'm going through a phase where only work holds my attention for long. Doesn't make me very good company!

Just tired today, eating leftovers and drinking pint after pint of green tea. Nearly finished two books, and played a good few hours of Baldur's Gate. Still rate Durlag's Tower very highly.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Pondering on that immortal question , contemplating exactly what point should you step back from being the considerate and polite gentleman and start being more of the selfish and demanding bastard.

That, and the question of principles versus desires.

On a totally seperate matter, I've been having to get up about 2 hours earlier then normal to look after my sister's puppy when she goes to work. Which means technically I've been running on about 5 hours sleep a night for the past week.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Pondering on that immortal question , contemplating exactly what point should you step back from being the considerate and polite gentleman and start being more of the selfish and demanding bastard.

That, and the question of principles versus desires.

It's a dangerous business. I was brought up to believe that the prime measure of a man is how far he can control his greed and selfishness. Of course I got taught that mostly by my big brother who subsequently imploded his own life by suddenly abandoning the principle and being very selfish all at once.

Balance is the key, I feel. Too little concern for others and duty results in you being little better than a chimpanzee. Too much concern and eventually the mind revolts under a primal desire not to get shafted by everyone in one's orbit.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Also in my news today: at some point - and I don't know when - I've started saying the Empire in British Empire as if it was the one with Emperor Palpatine at the head.

And now I can't help trying to work out if he'd be better than our current administration, and more importantly if the various sweaty malcontents about would like him more. I'm guessing the would provided he made enough anti-American statements while building his new Death Star.

I'm also wondering if a man who built two massive fatally flawed battle stations would still manage to be smart enough to have scrapped Tornado and Eurofighter.

-Elwood Blues

Also in my news today: at some point - and I don't know when - I've started saying the Empire in British Empire as if it was the one with Emperor Palpatine at the head.

And now I can't help trying to work out if he'd be better than our current administration, and more importantly if the various sweaty malcontents about would like him more. I'm guessing the would provided he made enough anti-American statements while building his new Death Star.

I'm also wondering if a man who built two massive fatally flawed battle stations would still manage to be smart enough to have scrapped Tornado and Eurofighter.

Hey, that's the only way to say the Empire.

Kind of like making sure to roll your R's when saying "Laboratory" just like Boris Karloff used to do.

But seriously, I'm going to have to persuade you to read some Tom Kratman or John Ringo at some point. I'm sure they'd amuse you.

Edit: On another note, my Blu-Ray "Tron / Tron Legacy" just arrived. So I shall have to find some time this week to enjoy that...

Edited by Raithe

Enjoying Critical Management Studies, enjoying writing the essay on it a bit less, mostly because my head keeps wandering back to last week. Funny when a girl you've known for over 10 years suddenly just skips a date and stops talking to you. Should I whip out the ladder theory? :p

What I know I definitely should do would be to exorcise the opposite sex out of my head for the next month and a half, while I churn out this dissertation. Plenty of time after, too bad I misread the situation and felt I had to make some kind of move or have her drift out. :/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I bought a new gun this weekend! This one is really really cool though and it's not for shooting. It is a genuine 1903 Springfield .30-06 with the original sling and full stock. The bolt, barrel, and stock and grips are all origianl. For those who don't know this weapon was the standard issue infantry rifle for the US in WWI and the first year of WW2 (it was replaced by the M1 Garand). According the documantation I have on it it was made for the US Army in 1912 and then auctioned in 1948. The owner who had it before me bought it in 1948. This rifle may have seen action in either war. Or it may have spent it's entire existence locked in an armory in Fort Bliss Texas, who knows. Either way it it a piece of American history. I'm having the steel re-blued and the stock refinished this week and I'm building a dispay rack for it. This bad boy is going on the living room wall.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Oh that is pretty cool, congrats on getting an antique :ermm:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Having one of those days where I return to a problem, but the more I look at it the more I feel my brains dripping out somewhere and my IQ halving every few minutes.

I mean, sure I didn't practice a bunch of my programming skills for about 8 years. But still, where did my basic ability go???

Having one of those days where I return to a problem, but the more I look at it the more I feel my brains dripping out somewhere and my IQ halving every few minutes.

I mean, sure I didn't practice a bunch of my programming skills for about 8 years. But still, where did my basic ability go???

Welcome to my life. :ermm:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's your younger sister isn't it mkreku... You sick monkey. Nice arse though.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Should I buy a Field Box ticket to the A's vs. Redsox game? I don't like Oakland stadium/the area, but it's a day game which makes it better. Plus the seat would be pretty darn cool for taking photos.

...Still...I don't like crowds/going to things alone. Decisions, decisions...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Should I buy a Field Box ticket to the A's vs. Redsox game? I don't like Oakland stadium/the area, but it's a day game which makes it better. Plus the seat would be pretty darn cool for taking photos.

...Still...I don't like crowds/going to things alone. Decisions, decisions...

Crowds? What the heck do you mean crowds? Isn't this an A's game?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was recently watching Antique Roadshow and someone brought in an old revolver where the blue had worn off over time. In that situation, it was stated to be more valuable in that condition than if the owner would have re-blued it. Just something to consider.

You are a very smart dude Gfted. I got that exact answer when I called a gundealer/gunsmith today. He recommended an oil based cleaner that sounds suspiciously like CLP.

Thomas Sowell

Hehehe, very true. :ermm: I expect the stadium will be largely empty, especially for a weekday/noon game. But knowing my luck I'd buy the ticket sitting between 2 loud-mouthed violent idiots. Guess I could always move seats.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hehehe, very true. >_< I expect the stadium will be largely empty, especially for a weekday/noon game. But knowing my luck I'd buy the ticket sitting between 2 loud-mouthed violent idiots. Guess I could always move seats.

Aren't the seats also like $5 each?

Speaking of which, I need to figure out when I'm going to a Giants game this year. I'm thinking July/August.

The seats I was looking at are about $100. But yeah, they have plenty of cheap seats. Even many several rows behind home plate are only $50.

Also...just had a small/quick but sharp tremor. The house rattled like 50 cats were jumping on the roof. Wonder where it was located. Edit: Near Pacifica. The funny thing is it's the anniversary of the 1906 quake. >_<

Edited by LadyCrimson

It was only a 3.8, not sure if that's enough to felt down there much, from Pacifica. :)

...and unrelated, nostalgia-gaming only takes you so far. Wish my few Most Wanted games were out, but alas, no.

Dear Diary,

Today my Russian mail order bride arrived. We will have fun.

Much love,

Me

So, did you use the "Date Brick" or stick to the rufies this time?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think any night where a sequence of dreams are interspersed with "killer cyborg ewoks" has to go down as not totally restful and a little strange.

And considering I made the attempt at an earlyish night..why the heck do I feel even more tired :thumbsup:

ANY dream where you get to kill ewoks is a win in my book.

-Elwood Blues