Is... *nothing* sacred?

Monte Carlo

Mariani_pope.jpg

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well they already wrote a sequel trilogy of books to Bladerunner.. It was only a matter of time before someone returned the idea to hollywood.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I suppose you think that's funny.

What's funny about holy cocaine wine?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

As long as it has Keanu Reeves in it, I'm game.

Had the same thought. Imagine him giving the VK test :ermm:

Oh well, treat it like the new Dune books, pretend they don't exist.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Maybe it won't suck? Maybe it'll actually bring something new and interesting to the series, explore some other aspect of the BR world?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Maybe it won't suck? Maybe it'll actually bring something new and interesting to the series, explore some other aspect of the BR world?

We can see how Roy fell in love with Zhora and how that provided an impetus for him to want more life. You're too optimistic though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

*drops to knees*

*hands in the air*

*tears run down his cheeks*

why?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh dear. Someone is making a sequel to a great movie. I guess that will just be a small pang of "too bad they screwed up the sequel" every time I watch the original. I guess I'm going to have to whine about that small discomfort on the internet and blow it up like it's a life changing negative experience. :ermm:

You know it would be kind of awesome if we actually formed a mob and burned down the studio.

-Elwood Blues

As long as it has Keanu Reeves in it, I'm game.

Had the same thought. Imagine him giving the VK test :)

Oh well, treat it like the new Dune books, pretend they don't exist.

I made the comment a bit tongue in cheek, but I really could see him doing it. I like Johnny Mnemonic enough to go see it with him as the lead.

Probabilities of it being any good are pretty small.

I remember watching one of the highlander sequels in a room full of people, they said that iconic lone "there can be only one" and someone shouted out "There should have been". it was funny. Just look at the last Indiana Jones movie for how bad a sequel can be,

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:: shrugs ::

Sometimes it's just that a movie is pretty much perfect as it is. It would be nice just to let it speak for itself and for folks to make something new.

I like Blade Runner okay, but it's a pretty shaky foundation for this particular argument. Seriously, how many different first-run, second-run, altered, re-edited, directors-cut, abridged, unabridged, no-that-last-director's-cut-wasn't-really-what-the-director-wanted-but-this-one-totally-is-director's-cut, 18-volume DVD box, etc., etc., etc., releases has that film had??

The Keanu line was funny. But to the extent that he has a real acting gift, it's in playing characters who may not be entirely real. Which is a very good fit for a P.K.Dick-style piece. He was pretty good in the film adaptation of Dick's A Scanner Darkly. Given Rutger Hauer's prominence in the original, I can't really see how Blade Runner fans can get too snobby about acting skills. [Edit: Daryl Hannah, too.]

Edited by Enoch

Some movies (I believe they call them 'franchises') lend themselves to sequels. FFS, I love the Bourne movies, for me number three was the best.

I just think that Bladerunner is complete. It's a gem. Leave it be.

sonsofgygax.JPG