I love Lego

Monte Carlo

My favourite toy used to be my Lego train set. I saw a more recent incarnation on TV the last week, and almost walked into a store on the spot.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?...n=419&d=328

OTOH, I think I still have all the old stuff stored in my dad's basement. Definitely something to do during the rest of my stipend after I finish my dissertation. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Heh, some months back whilst sorting out cupboards, I stumbled on a batch of the really old space lego stuff that was still stored away..

(none of the actual bricks though) and in a random nostalgia moment I somehow ended up building this over the course of half an hour :

L_Ship2.jpg

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I had this when I was little:

8860-rear.jpg

It was absolutely amazing. Working steering, working suspension, working gearbox (with three gears!), working 4-cylinder engine (where you could see the engine working as you rolled it around on the floor), working seats (foldable) and so on.

Unfortunately, I was too small when I got it and never managed to build it. By the time I was old enough, I had lost too many parts for it to be buildable.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I had this when I was little:

It was absolutely amazing. Working steering, working suspension, working gearbox (with three gears!), working 4-cylinder engine (where you could see the engine working as you rolled it around on the floor), working seats (foldable) and so on.

Unfortunately, I was too small when I got it and never managed to build it. By the time I was old enough, I had lost too many parts for it to be buildable.

Snap. I had that when I was a kid. Also the big yellow technic jcb with the pneumatic parts...

Edited by Raithe

I had that when I was a kid.

Me too. It was one of the few technic sets I had.

Back in my day I had town, space and castle sets, and then the pirate sets arrived. I got these for my birthday or christmas one year and OMG it the greatest thing ever.

lego-pirate-ship.jpg

vintage-lego-pirate-ship-carribean-clipper-6274-set-fg_260730287860.jpg

I was also rather fond of this castle set I had:

lego_6081_front_s.jpg

Edited by Hell Kitty

I had that castle set!

I had a pile of lego filling up a sack and the sack was so large I could sit in it and read a book when I was six. I think my best memory finally actually building something that looked exactly like the box art in a huge space-themed 2m-by-1m rollercoaster, then falling directly on top of it while running around in the house.

I was a child in the brief period of time when Construx were available. We had them rather than Legos. Fun stuff, in that you could build rather large things relatively quickly. I remember being discouraged whenever using legos at a friend's house that it took forever to build anything that resembled anything recognizable. With the Construx, you could get a reasonable 4-wheeled vehicle together in a couple minutes. (And then add helicopter rotors!)

I have like 30 boxes of Lego in my parent's attic .. as a kid I build an entire city with my brother, we spend 2 months on it. It looked kinda like this:

SmallCity.jpg

I didn't know Lego was this popular in the rest of the world.. cool..

Fortune favors the bald.

Actually, my son got into Lego via the Lego computer games on his DS - Indiana Jones and Star Wars.

One of the benefits of being a parent; an excuse to play with lego's again. ;)

Edited by Syraxis

One of the benefits of being a parent; an excuse to play with lego's again. :lol:

Frankly, if you have enough personal confidence in yourself.. or absolutely no understanding of why your peers might look down on you for it.. You should never need an excuse... ;)

My excuse is I can't afford lego. They brought back Castles and Space Police, but I don't have the hundreds of dollars or the space to put it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Question: given how much the little blocks cost, surely they should make 'em out of metal alloy. Then the constructions would look even more cool.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Question: given how much the little blocks cost, surely they should make 'em out of metal alloy. Then the constructions would look even more cool.

Yeah, clearly lego are nickel and diming their player base. They are intentionally taking out minifigs from packs and selling them out later separately. It's not my fault I'm a poor student and can't afford Legos, so I occasionally download them from the appropriate sites.

And don't even get me started on the draconian drm. There is no way a normal person can put those things together.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

One of the benefits of being a parent; an excuse to play with lego's again. :x

Frankly, if you have enough personal confidence in yourself.. or absolutely no understanding of why your peers might look down on you for it.. You should never need an excuse... :shifty:

Yes but after building with my cousin's 3 y/o son, I can't imagine doing it by myself. We spent hours building whatever came to mind. :)