new scientific discoveries

Wrath of Dagon

• 2 weeks later...

Not new, but interesting feline information nonetheless.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not so much a discovery, b ut an interesting way of showing something..

The distance of the Earth to Mars.. in terms of pixels.. ;)

http://distancetomars.com/

I've been scrolling for the entire National Anthem (I had to amuse myself somehow) and I'm still not at Mars.

I believe that exploration will require some sort of half way rest stop.

EDIT:

Still going.

You know, maybe if we had a competitive approach to Mars we could have a war with China over it. Which would make the trip more interesting.

EDIT2:

Or maybe we could just tell the people on the trip we were at war?

EDIT3:

OK. Done now.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Maybe Boeing wants to hire her for future airplane designs? :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

When NBC News asked her why she chose to research technology around energy-storage, she simply explained, "My cell phone battery always dies."

Mine too... mine too... :/

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

• 1 month later...

I've heard about similar things but cloths before, but if there is anything that I'm concerned about with something like this, it's environmental and health-effects.

Imagine if that stuff gets into your digestive system. Yikes.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Science strikes again to make the internet a better place...

The Sarcasm Detector

:w00t:

/sarcasm

Apparently somebody missed the sarcasm somewhere and got serious about analysing people for when they are using sarcasm.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Astronomers detecting huge mysterious bursts of radio waves from outside the galaxy?

Reapers confirmed.

Ah nuts.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.