STEAM!

Rosbjerg

@DN: Think about it, how is selling your soul to two devils any worse than selling it to one?

One is worse than the other. Steam is not something I like but I will pick up some Steam-exclusive games and buy things on sale that I would not be able to find a hard-copy of and are not available on sites such as GoG. Securom's DRM, on the other hand, offers no benefits, no matter how slight, and has only negatives.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Risen is one of the best RPGs of the last few years. Get it if you haven't already.

I would give it a try except that it's using 3-machine limit Securom DRM in addition to Steam. If I'm already using one DRM system I don't like very much I'd rather not toss another one on top of that.

How many machines are you planning on playing it on?

It's only $10

Anniversary is worth picking up, Legend & Underworld are painfully mediocre.

Also, Audiosurf is great if you're planning on ruining your keyboard.

Pros play it with a mouse, or so I hear...

@DN: Yeah, I get it. I was just mocking the hardcore anti-DRM crowd :)

Edited by Purkake

How many machines are you planning on playing it on?

Laptop, Desktop, and maybe another Laptop. Also, given my experience with trying to get my Desktop de-authorized for Crysis: Warhead, I'd not trust Securom to give activations back (making it a one-shot game). Add into that the fact that I'll likely be changing hardware -GPU-, something that triggers a 'you have a new computer' message, in the Desktop and I'm just not willing to spend money for something that I'll likely be locked out of in the future.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Bought Risen. Surly it's better than modding Oblivion for hours and only play some minutes in the end.

Still 4 games on my list. Come on NWN2, I want you for 5 Euro...

Oh, and the "impossibly invisible" C&C4 for 4 dollars.

Just noticed this. Also Red Alert 3 and C&C 3 for just a few bucks each. Tiberian Sun pretty much killed my interest in these two series, but are they worth getting?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Just noticed this. Also Red Alert 3 and C&C 3 for just a few bucks each. Tiberian Sun pretty much killed my interest in these two series, but are they worth getting?

C&C 3 is very good. Red Alert 3 didn't hold my interest for long.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The original Tiberian Sun by Westwood?

Repent, heathen!

Yeah, I just spent $25 on four games. Three of which I already owned. You want to fight about it?

Thanks for the C&C replies everyone. :)

An 8 Gb download is a bit steep for me, but I'm going to give C&C 3 a try anyway.

EDIT: Okay so it's only a 5800 Mb download. Better and better.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Red Alert 3 needed more T&A, really.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nothing new in there for me. I've got Risen already since the release and the rest isn't worth my money.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'll say this to you gents now. It's not a daily. Penny Arcade Adventures is $1.80. It is 85% off and probably won't get a daily at all.

I recommend it if you like PA. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7135/?snr=1_4_4__13

$19 for the entire Splinter Cell pack (note: Steam no longer has Pandora). That's a great deal. But I'm not willing to double dip on Splinter Cell, so I'm passing.

Wasn't expecting Red Faction to hit daily, since it's so new. I'll have to check reviews.

$19 for the entire Splinter Cell pack (note: Steam no longer has Pandora). That's a great deal. But I'm not willing to double dip on Splinter Cell, so I'm passing.

Wasn't expecting Red Faction to hit daily, since it's so new. I'll have to check reviews.

There's a reason why RF: Armageddon is on sale. They pretty much took everything that made RF: Guerrilla fun and made it superficial while turning the game into a generic corridor shooter where you fight aliens...

i've now got worms.

i need to see a vet.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.