FO: NV (General Discussion)

CoM_Solaufein

Human Goat made me burst out laughing.

He didn't post what Sole Survivor does. Just the conditions.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 3 weeks later...

Loving all those perks.

Surely a Morricone inspired perk would involve the harmonicas which also have no bloody use.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i do, and i gave it to new vegas last year. i told everyone, where were you?

:ermm:

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

^---- "To cleanse the water, first he must cleanse the wasteland." I love it.

Anyways, the patch is up on STEAM now. No more patch notes than the ones detailing the weapon balance changes but there are other things as well in it (optimizations and bug fixes).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

People are reporting the patch has broken the GECK - that is, they can't open mods/esm's, anything, in the GECK anymore.

You can use FNV Edit to check the changes, but until the GECK is either updated or whatever, modding may be out for a while.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Little early for that kind of consensus. No specifics in patch notes that anyone can see beyond the weapons changes.

Saw one post from someone saying they're having crashes at Crimson Caravan and another saying no micro-stutter difference for them. Without knowing what "stability fixes" means, it's just going to be play & see & individual results, as always, may vary.

GStaff did post that an updated GECK will be uploaded to the website, maybe tomorrow. It'd be nice if the new version fixed some GECK bugs too. :lol:

Edit: There are reports that the trader restock/day glitch may be fixed for some people. Or kinda partially fixed. lol

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You should also see a significant increase in weapon mod and some ammo availability at vendors (most notably, Gun Runners). Some ammo prices have been increased and, of note, ammo like .44 Special, .223, and .38 Special should show up as "standard"/loose rounds in stores instead of as misc boxes.

It'd be nice if the new version fixed some GECK bugs too. :lol:

Yeh, but will never happen.

Wonder if there will be a day, where I can import my own heightmap or create lipsynch files without a hell of workarounds.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Guest Slinky

Hmm, haven't noticed Steam downloading any patches for NV, and version number is nowhere to be seen in the game or in the game files.

I don't care much for automatic updates.

What's not to lik about auto-updates?

Unless the update is rubbish.

Oh, OK, I get it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, you can set your steam game not to be updated automatically.

Doesn't work. For a lot of people. It resets itself and starts downloading anyway.

@deathdealer - if your Steam game was updated, the .exe files and FalloutNV.esm in the game's main directory should have a new 'modified on' date of yesterday/today/when it was DL'd. Can't recall where to look while in game, offhand.

Edit: My PC/game didn't need optimization but I do notice less "pause lag" when things like Pushy's knock-back effect flash on screen. Happens a lot less often.

Cowboy repeater definitely a lot slower firing. :shifty:

Had one game crash when trying to load an old save. Loading wheel went round & round forever, 'not responding', had to end task. When I restarted the game, it then loaded just fine. No loading problems since. Weird.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Guest Slinky
Well, you can set your steam game not to be updated automatically.

Doesn't work. For a lot of people. It resets itself and starts downloading anyway.

That's been my experience :shifty:

And mine.

Looks like the FalloutNV.exe has been modified yesterday, so I guess it's updated. I just wouldn't mind a version number to be showed somewhere, I don't much like it when I have to just trust the automatic updating has done it's job.

New GECK (1.3) is out now.

Performance thingie that I've noticed: that annoying delay between action & info txt msg popping up is largely gone, even from the very start of a new chr/game.

@deathdealer - the version # can be seen by loading a save game, hitting ESC, and clicking the "Help" menu option. It doesn't appear in the main/start in-game menu, have to load a save 1st. There might be another way too but that's the one I know of.

I love it when I click do not keep this game updated and low and behold its downloading a patch because some reason it reverts back to keep this game up to date. Now the patch has broken my mods so now I have to wait for an update on those mods before the game becomes playable. I don't like Steam. What's the problem with disk install of game, game owner updates the game at their leisure?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I don't understand why they can't just have a message that pops up that informs you there's a new patch, do you want to download now, yes/no. I don't get it at all. If not patching the game means stuff like Steam achievements won't work until you do patch, they can tell you that in big bolded text & let you decide whether you care. Unless there's an insurmountable tech reason that = have to patch or your PC will run off with your first born child, when to update should be left up to the player.

Edited by LadyCrimson