Underrated games you like?

Destiny

Fable 2

Eurogamer awarded it 10/10...

So what did it deserve? 11?

Metacritic average is 89/100..

So.. exactly how good was this game? Seeing as it is a whole 9 points behind the highest rated game in the history of Metacritic..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Agreed on Star Wars Rebellion (Supremacy in the UK). A game I enjoyed and played so much that I now actually understand the astromech droid bleeps.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Legacy of Kain series.

These games are underrated? o.O?

Well yes. 5 games and two of them are good, rest are rather avarage. But the story kicks ass!

I think the first 3 are great, the 4th is a little worse and the last one just has problems with camera but that never bothered me. Story is indeed great as were all the VA's. Trivia: The writer is writing stories for Uncharted these days.

Oh and the underrated game i like is Silver.

Though the game did get are great score from the reviewers i respect and IGN and Gamespot are the biggest idiots of the game reviewing industry and they confirm that every single year. Pc gamer is not much better either.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

UFO: Afterlight by Altar (Tactical + 4x)

Man, there are so many things wrong with this game, it deserves all the hate it got. There was so much potential for it and many interesting features from research, to general base management to their pseud-real-time combat system, but the lack of environments, actual tactics and most of all, variety killed it.

I have to disagree here. Ever since I played Altar's Original War I have liked all their games for no particular reason other than bias (kind of like how some Morrowind fans defend Oblivion, I guess). I understand if others might think it's bland though.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me :banghead:.

The Original War by Altar

Evil Genius

Spellbound's commandos rips were mostly bland (desperados, d2, d3, Robin Hood, the gangster one) but I did like them. Shame no one makes any more rts puzzle games anymore :(

UFO:A

I agree that the game has truckloads of problems yet, it still manages to capture my attention and answer my preferences; Small team, Tactical combat, Secret (ish.... ok not secret in any way but still it's an upgredable) base, A story.

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

:(

If you mean the same game at least. Shame they never got around to making the 3D patch they apparently had in the works, that would make it a bit more able to run on modern PC's, even with all the community fixes there are issues on certain spots :banghead:.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Spellbound's commandos rips were mostly bland (desperados, d2, d3, Robin Hood, the gangster one) but I did like them. Shame no one makes any more rts puzzle games anymore :(

Oh btw, what is Pyro up to these days anyway? Haven't heard from those in eons.

Commandos 1 has a very special place in my heart, as it was the game that turned me into a serious gamer.

Afterlife is another one, thinking about it. It's a SimCity clone, but the humour of the punishments and virtues was great. "Unlike a certain software company, the denizens of Hell have cable..."

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

First Desperados game and Robin Hood are as awesome as the first Commandos game, other are crap but Commandos 3 and this latest thing they made aren't worth mentioning either.

I mean this Silver Hassat

250px-Silver_Coverart.png

and i0d love to play again if the manage to make it work.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me :).

The Original War by Altar

Evil Genius

Spellbound's commandos rips were mostly bland (desperados, d2, d3, Robin Hood, the gangster one) but I did like them. Shame no one makes any more rts puzzle games anymore :)

UFO:A

I agree that the game has truckloads of problems yet, it still manages to capture my attention and answer my preferences; Small team, Tactical combat, Secret (ish.... ok not secret in any way but still it's an upgredable) base, A story.

Desperados(1) is the Commandos formula refined to a shiny diamond. You have useful, diverse abilities, fun characters, varied missions and a really nice challenging campaign.

Afterlight feels like they finally managed to get everything right, but then remembered that they actually had to add the gameplay combat part as well and it ended up being bolted on at best.

Edited by Purkake

:)

oh ,man :( I still have my copy but I could never make it run on any of my PCs... maybe I should just find a working cracked version :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Agreed on Star Wars Rebellion (Supremacy in the UK). A game I enjoyed and played so much that I now actually understand the astromech droid bleeps.

Ah hah! Indeed. That was one that was great for slow, day long lan matches. Lost a few weekends away during uni with beer and Supremacy..

Also, firmly agreed with Evil Genius. That was a stonking fun game...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I mean this Silver Hassat

and i0d love to play again if the manage to make it work.

oh ,man :( I still have my copy but I could never make it run on any of my PCs... maybe I should just find a working cracked version :-

That's the one yeah.

And I got a host of community patches here to make it work. The site went offline, but I could send them by mail. Take less than 4MB in total, and you wouldn't need to use all except if you get the issues listed of course. May still crash on the inventory overview screen, but you really never need it, although it's forced upon you one, it also includes a save for the point after that so you can just use that if it crashes there on you.

I also hear 7 has less issues than Vista, but I know of neither since I use XP anyways :D.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I tried it on two different XP machines (both SP2 though). I do have a laptop with Vista, I'll try installing on it too. the problem was it'd never even start up. after the installation it just gives a couple of errors when I try to start the game.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well, same here without the modified .exe that I found somewhere, and applying the GeForce patch.

Still requires the CD obviously, since most content (VO lines and such) are on the disk.

^

I thought Anachronox had gone way overboard with a lot of things :lol:

Walsingham said: