Underrated games you like?

Destiny

I didn't find it especially funny or fun. and we probably have different standards of awesomeness :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

No. AP is bad bad. It's ES-POR2-FO3-DTU-EOTB bad.

And as Volo is pretty much always wrong.... Well you can figure it out.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Actually Quantic Dream confirmed that they are working on Omikron 2 and won't be making Heavy Rain 2. Colour me bitter, jelous and resentful. Especially after that ending.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news0804...2?unbury=278621

Their other title is supposed to be another interactive movie though which is great news. I'm hoping that genre picks up as I loved both HR and Farenheight.

Edited by Serrano

Plotholes are okay as long as you enjoy the overall experience.

HR fullfilled it's goal, as opposed to Fahrenheit, which went belly-up towards the end.

But Dave Cage said he's now done with this formula, the next two games will be "very different".

I'm still hoping for an adventure-RPG Omikron 2 with a huge breathing world and super-duper silly characters. I'd buy it.

Edited by Morgoth

Plotholes are okay as long as you enjoy the overall experience.

That's the Twinkie experience, you feel good when eating it, but an hour later you'll have a stomach ache. AKA good presentation, bad story or the MGS syndrome.

Compared to Fahrenheit, breaking your leg is a fun experience.

Edited by Purkake

Compared to Fahrenheit, breaking your leg is a fun experience.

That's a little harsh. I was really enjoying it up until about the part where the ex died, then it's like the last half of the story was cut and we got to see an hour of nonsense. Overall I thought it was well worth the money, if for no other reason than it was a new experience for me, certainly it had one of the best intros in gaming. Heavy Rain did much better and even though there were some plot holes it, the story was on par with a decent (Not OMG amazing!!!) movie and the interactive bits were handled much better. I guess ultimately I'd have liked to see this new genre be improved and used to tell a story of the same quality of something like Se7en or Infernal Affairs, I think it has potential and it's a shame that it won't be explored further.

Edited by Serrano

Let's see, counterarguments to Fahrenheit: AI gandma, simon says, aliens, the flashback gameplay and last, but not the least, the ending. Before you say they didn't have enough time to finish it, AI grandma and aliens were always going to be in the story...

As for Heavy Rain, see the plot holes section for some fun reading material. Also, Cage still couldn't keep all his craziness to himself with Jayden's futuristic crap(he did show remarkable restraint, I'll give you that). Not to mention some of the bad voice acting(JAAASOOOON and the prostitute come to mind) and the tank controls.

To actually improve the "genre", you would need to have some actual writers and editors make the story and keep Quantic Dream as far away from it as possible.

Edited by Purkake

Most of the problems I have with Cages writing that it seems like that he writes like a talented 13 year old. Big potential but at the same time extremly childish and prone to thousand of beginner faults.

It just shows on the female charachters (which are always beyond horrible) the non-existant romance/akward sex scenes (I love you for no reason so suddenly like 5 minutes after I actually really got to talk to you/I love you though our only interactions were when I patched you up and from some sort of obsession I have with my current story. Oh yes, let's have sex while your son drowns!!!) and the overdriven and unfinished plot threads.

Also he has a obsession with showers.

A biiiiiig creepy obsession with showers.

Edited by C2B