Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

funcroc

dragons look awesome, you crazy.

what kind of dragons were you hoping for?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"The day a man with a bear for a head takes a swing at you with a 150-pound hammer, is the day you may consider restitution. Just think, performing a shout as 10 mean charge your vicinity, with a wolf on your head!"

sentences like these are why looking through the bethesda forum is so painful.

I'm sure its a second-language issue, but good lord.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm not seeing anything in those screens that suggests they're bullshots.

You're probably right. They just seemed too detailed and glowy to me, but I tend to forget I'm not really current on what graphics are capable of these days.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I wouldn't mind dragons being fleshed out a bit more, young 'uns, small ones, big ones, gigantormoussive ones, the lot.

Does TES lore have the mindless monster types, talky LOTR types, something unique, what?

I wouldn't mind dragons being fleshed out a bit more, young 'uns, small ones, big ones, gigantormoussive ones, the lot.

Does TES lore have the mindless monster types, talky LOTR types, something unique, what?

You mean Orcs? :grin:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I guess he means do dragons act like big lizards or like an ancient race of intelligent beings

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Daggerfall had Dragonish as a learnable language skill. AMong others. All language skills were dropped in Morrowind. One of the many bad decisions that has been made to the ES games post daggerfall.

SO yes, many ES creatures have languages and intelligence.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

So can we negotiate with dragons instead of killing them?

Probably not, but you might be able to make them blow up by shooting the engine.

Nonetheless, previous ES games pre-Todd Howard, do support the possobility dialogue with a variety of non-human creatures.

i'm expecting dragons to be like the behemoths in fallout 3. they arrive with music cues and stompy sounds, but are just boss monsters, they will tie into the plot, but not "interact" with it.

i could be wrong, but i actually dont really care, i enjoy dragons of both types (ie intelligent, or just flying wrecking balls)

I always liked the Behemoths. Never understood why there were only 5 in the vanilla game.

If Dragons are like Bethemoths, hopefully there will be more of them.

It's likely only the final boss will be a huge dragon, identical to Akatosh from the end of Oblivion's main quest. The main quest in Skyrim could consist of becoming powerful enough to defeat it by gathering the necessary shouts.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It's likely only the final boss will be a huge dragon, identical to Akatosh from the end of Oblivion's main quest. The main quest in Skyrim could consist of becoming powerful enough to defeat it by gathering the necessary shouts.

I expect something similar, I'm curious about the Akatosh/Alduin connection though, the idea that maybe he wasn't helping Tamriel as much as himself at the end of the MQ in Oblivion.

• 2 weeks later...

wheeeeee!

A countdown timer!

Dunno if I can stand all the excitement and anticipation.