Major rumor mongering

Starwars

http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/2010/12/...-entertainment/

Bring your scoops of salt and be sure to take them people. But could it be true?

EDIT: Saw it mentioned in one of the threads, looks like this is a day or two old! I need to work on my Internet-fu.

Also, Now that I actually read it properly, I guess this Crystal Ball thing sounds like it's pure speculation without any basis at all?

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

That makes little sense.

Obsidians whole MO was to make sequels to various publishers IPs.

How much rpgs sequels/spin-offs can Zenimax need?

Outsourcing one game in fallout/elder scroll series is one thing, acquiring whole three-project studio is completely another.

That makes little sense.

Obsidians whole MO was to make sequels to various publishers IPs.

How much rpgs sequels/spin-offs can Zenimax need?

Outsourcing one game in fallout/elder scroll series is one thing, acquiring whole three-project studio is completely another.

How is that Obsidians whole MO?

It's kinda the role they are bound to because of their status as an independet company and the whole thing how they started out (considering they got K2 and NWN through Bioware). Pitching original ideas to publishers only gets harder as time progresses.

But its not like they don't want to do another.

Edited by C2B

I hope this is not true. I don't dislike Bethesda or anything, I just like the fact that Obsidian is independent. However, if this helps Obsidian, then why not? I must admit my feelings about this matter are selfish ones. I want them to keep making games I like and I don't know how it would work with them being owned by a giant. As long as they can find publishers for their games they should be fine. In other words: I hope this isn't true, but if it is, it is not a disaster.

Activision and EA would be a problem.

I suppose in the current climate, an independent Obsidian isn't quite as feasible as it used to be. Oh, well. If true, another reason not to get out of bed in the morning. If not, nothing to get out of bed over.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

How is that Obsidians whole MO?

It's part of the MO at least. I remember a Feargus interview where he said that being independent brought them opportunities for more diverse projects, even if the security brought by being owned wasn't negligible.

There is one thing though : all the studios that were bought out by Zenimax recently had solid IPs under their belts, as well as 'original' projects that could be quite big. I don't think that Zenimax would buy Obsidian just to be their second-hand on Fallout or Elder Scroll, Obsidian would have to present them a very 'special' project for that.

- Feargus Urquhart's tweet
I'm always amazed when visiting EA at the size of their campus. Wish we had a soccer field.

Probably like WUE said, perhaps that the Wheel of Time project if going somewhere.

And I thought EA was a coding sweatshop that destroys employees. That field's probably where they bury the bodies.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

- Feargus Urquhart's tweet
I'm always amazed when visiting EA at the size of their campus. Wish we had a soccer field.

Maybe they've started working on the Wheel of Time RPG? They had a deal with EA if I recall correctly.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sjeesh I hope not.

Story-driven RPG > Sandbox title with disposible plots...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I don't remember EA ever being mentioned in relation to the Red Eagle deal. It's not in the first two press releases, at least. Unless I'm not looking closely enough.

It was

The Company's Wheel of Time games will be available through retail channels around the world by the Company's distribution partner, Electronic Arts

Yeah, but it's only a distribution deal. Why does Fergie need to go to EA then?

It's always nice to have a sit down with your business partners.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."