You're getting Wikileaks for breakfast, lunch, and tea for the next few months, kids

Humodour

I'm kind of curious as to how I, as a citizen of a democracy, can go about voting against the kidnapping of German citizens.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Laugh all you want. But when she's president, the humor will be replaced by terror.

Never happen.... please say it will never happen...

Actually we are very good at putting fools in the WH. Juat look at that jackass we have now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

However even the most far left person still believes in freedom of speech, questioning authority and freedom of thought.

Er, no. North Korea is 'Far Left'. China is 'Far Left.' The USSR was 'Far Left.' Please explain for those of us not gifted with your skills of political divination how these 'Far Left' entities were flag-wavers for civil liberties and free speech?

The far left and the far right are generally indistinguishable.

Junai, if you want to prove that the USA isn't a democracy, start a thread, and lay out your argument. Until then, quit embarassing yourself. Because you sound like a loon.

Agreed!

Laugh all you want. But when she's president, the humor will be replaced by terror.

Never happen.... please say it will never happen...

Actually we are very good at putting fools in the WH. Juat look at that jackass we have now.

I'd call him more ineffective than foolish. Whereas Sarah Palin is a coat of orange tanner away from being on the Jersey Shore.

I was hoping for an LBJ and I got a Jimmy Carter. Ah well, term limits for teh win.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/2...reunified-korea

China is getting pissed off with Pyongyang. Not exactly a huge surprise, but this coming out so soon after the latest episode might get interesting.

Well, if China can help solve the North Korea problem, that will go a long way in my eyes towards improving China's reputation.

I know the whole idea was just to smear the USA...

Really? Feel free to back it up with links/facts or stop spreading this BS.

Ah, yes. My favorite attack-dog bully never disappoints. So viciously predictable.

This is just an exercise in Yank bashing. Nothing more.

Indeed it is.

Oddly enough, the reason one low-ranking intelligence private was able to access all of this information was because of 9/11. Interesting discussion on CNN (television, not web site) that described how after 9/11, investigations showed that if individual information gleaned by all our separate little governmental agencies, territorial buggers that they are, had been available to all of them, we might have been able to consolidate knowledge and stop the attacks. So in our infinite wisdom, we combined access for all those agencies... but apparently forgot to upgrade the safeguards. Hence, a rebellious kid outside of Baghdad in a basically unsupervised intelligence tent was able to access information from the military, state department, CIA, etc., and download it all on a CD disk marked "Lady Gaga."

We will now, no doubt, return to encapsulating all of our agencies so they may again pee on the wall to mark their territories, and never have to share their stuff again. Totally swell.

"I'm not sure. It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume."

Oh yeah, I can see that happening.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If I may, If wikileaks hadn't posted this information how much of it would be discussed? And if the discussion didn't happen then how could the public make a call on if their leaders were doing a good job or not.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Wikileaks has finally confirmed that Belgium, Netherlands, Turkey, Germany (& probably Italy as well) have nuclear weapons stored.

That's definitely one thing I could have already read from the Other Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_sharing

Definitely NOT news.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

...in a manner that is entirely consistent with democratic principle and practice.

Jesus ****ing Christ. It's like you can gloss over that mass murder because the whistle blower whistled the democratic way (according to you). No mention that your precious government, who is supposed to be acting oh so democratic, hid the disaster for 18 months and that it took a WHISTLE BLOWER to expose it. And even then, only one guy was convicted.. for 300-500 dead people. He must have been very busy.

Back then, the soldiers who did not want to participate in those US sanctioned murders of women and children were derided and called unpatriotic, cowards blah blah. In hindsight and thirty years after the fact, they are being given medals.

In 20 years Assange will be getting medals, you will deride him now, turn your coat and call him a hero then.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Funniest comment I've seen about Hitler was "He was a great leader, just that he had bad ideas"

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

...in a manner that is entirely consistent with democratic principle and practice.

Jesus ****ing Christ. It's like you can gloss over that mass murder because the whistle blower whistled the democratic way (according to you). No mention that your precious government, who is supposed to be acting oh so democratic, hid the disaster for 18 months and that it took a WHISTLE BLOWER to expose it. And even then, only one guy was convicted.. for 300-500 dead people. He must have been very busy.

Back then, the soldiers who did not want to participate in those US sanctioned murders of women and children were derided and called unpatriotic, cowards blah blah. In hindsight and thirty years after the fact, they are being given medals.

In 20 years Assange will be getting medals, you will deride him now, turn your coat and call him a hero then.

I don't think I f***ing well will. Quite apart from anything else it's trasnparently obvious that Assange is a power junkie and he'll inevitably end up in politics, and betray his own 'principles'.

Leaving that side, there's a flaw in your outrage. Prosecution of the guilty was always going to be democratically enforced. Unless you advocate vigilante law enforcement the same way you advocate vigilante investigation.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Virumor: I guess it might be defined as local knowledge but it was one of those "known secrets" that at least 50 area denial rounds and more than 250 nuclear grade arty rounds are located in Turkey to block the Red hordes from coming south via the NE / E mountains.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

I don't think I f***ing well will. Quite apart from anything else it's trasnparently obvious that Assange is a power junkie and he'll inevitably end up in politics, and betray his own 'principles'.

That may be difficult with rape charge still held against him.

I was 100 % in support of Wikileaks the last time around (the Reuters 'incident'), but not sure if this kind of thing really has any benefit. My opinion is that leaking is justified when it has a clear morally acceptable purpose, like exposing an atrocity or cover-up, but publishing classified documentation for the heck of it... meh.

Shades of grey...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif