Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

Well, he's obviously grumpy when he says "I never asked for this".

Wait, do you really thing he's obviously grumpy, or are you just joking around again like when you said he was a downer? It's hard to keep up.

The line exists to give viewers the information that Jensen was made a cyborg against his will.

Do we actually know more about his character? I'm basing this just on the trailers.

You know his wife/girlfriend got (probably) killed, right? Losing his arms isn't the real drama, I think. If anything it's adding insult to injury. Consider that he's also been made a cyborg by what I assume is an evil corporation (it wouldn't be Deus Ex if he was hired by the good guys at first) and it sortof looks like he's wearing a weird company logo on his forehead, whatever that means. Maybe he wanted to stay dead after what happened to him. Maybe he was part of the anti-aug movement, I doubt he'd be overjoyed to be in the other camp all of a sudden.

Or you know, maybe he just wants to be Batman.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

He doesn't seem like a happy and well-adjusted individual to me.

Have they said anything about a morality/reputation/"humanity" system?

EDIT: Yeah, the trailer had a line about that as well. So it's about personal revenge then?

Edited by Purkake

He doesn't seem like a happy and well-adjusted individual to me.

Have they said anything about a morality/reputation/"humanity" system?

EDIT: Yeah, the trailer had a line about that as well. So it's about personal revenge then?

Honestly, it's near impossible to tell who this guy actually is or what his goals are without playing the actual game.

I'm optimistic about this, the story seems a bit more adult than most games released recently. I can't explain why, it just seems more emotionally engaging. But hey, there's about an equal chance I'm completely wrong and it winds up being all Batman-angst.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ok simmer down folks...

Here is a interesting article of the list of the 21 augs you can get done by PC gamer;

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/25/deus-ex-...-augs-analysed/

Very interesting to say the least.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I think it's pretty funny how Purkake's "wake up you stupidheads" biting sarcasm has gone so far off the charts now it's as diluted as McDonalds sodas. However, you can't deny a man his dedication. :lol:

Augs look pretty standard, there are a couple of cool things in there like using feather fall to slam down on someone. Certainly more games need to let you rain death from above.

I woder if that line was taken out of context for the trailer and actually he's just trying to order a lemon lime. It wouldn't surprise me if that in-joke is in the game.

I'm sure if the original "I vanted orrrange" line would have been used in a trailer, somebody here would have decided that the game was too emo. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm optimistic about this, the story seems a bit more adult than most games released recently. I can't explain why, it just seems more emotionally engaging. But hey, there's about an equal chance I'm completely wrong and it winds up being all Batman-angst.

Doesn't seem there's much basis to be optimistic. Although a game that would get a genuine emotional response would be something.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why do you play games if you've never had an emotional response to one?

Mostly sense of accomplishment if things all fall into place due to planning and partly just to unravel the plot, but I'm not sure I could really class that as an emotion like sadness, joy, pity, etc. But then again, I've no soul :shifty:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why do you play games if you've never had an emotional response to one?

Mostly sense of accomplishment if things all fall into place due to planning and partly just to unravel the plot, but I'm not sure I could really class that as an emotion like sadness, joy, pity, etc. But then again, I've no soul :shifty:

'sense of accomplishment' in of itself elicits a positive emotional response or your wouldn't strive to have one to start with. Saying otherwise is silly.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

sense of accomplishment' in of itself elicits a positive emotional response or your wouldn't strive to have one to start with. Saying otherwise is silly.

Yes, but it's a pretty weak one, luckily it's a force of habit by now or I'd end up not bothering, heh. But that hardly qualifies as being emotionally engaged by a game, but I did say any so fair enough. In any event, if some dude's angst over losing his arms, identity or some other fanciful stuff does trigger a notable emotion, it'll be a surprise.

Edited by Malcador

i pity someone who doesn't ever connect emotionally with things that happen in video games. I can't imagine enjoying shadow of the colossus, for instance, if it didn't connect with my emotions, but that it did it so well is what makes it one of my favorite games of all time.

oh well, my gain, malcadors loss.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Square Enix delays Deus Ex

Square Enix said in a statement it is delaying the rollout of the latest installment in its "Deus Ex" game series until the financial year starting in April. It had initially planned the launch for the January-March quarter.

Well, the initial release date was the same as for Dragon Age 2, so this might have been a good move. Surprised it was Squeenix that chickened though, if I had to pick just one between the two, it would be Deus Ex for sure.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:(

Square Enix said in a statement it is delaying the rollout of the latest installment in its "Deus Ex" game series until the financial year starting in April. It had initially planned the launch for the January-March quarter.

:banghead: ****ing Japs!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The financial year.. so from March.. they're looking at releasing it post-April.. Until I'm missing something..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, the initial release date was the same as for Dragon Age 2, so this might have been a good move. Surprised it was Squeenix that chickened though, if I had to pick just one between the two, it would be Deus Ex for sure.

I'm not surprised, Square-Enix has been delaying games since they were Squaresoft.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy