BioWare's New Game

Maria Caliban

The US source that leaked the image to CVG told us: "I won't spoil it for everyone by telling you what the game is. But it's going to have a lot of hardcore BioWare fans jumping out of their seats."

There are still hardcore BW fans? 8)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The US source that leaked the image to CVG told us: "I won't spoil it for everyone by telling you what the game is. But it's going to have a lot of hardcore BioWare fans jumping out of their seats."

There are still hardcore BW fans? 8)

Softcore is the new hardcore.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Was MDK a famous game?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

yes it was. when it came out it was on all the magazine covers and my friends who were only very casual gamers (ie just diablo and starcraft) bought it because it looked super cool

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

yes it was. when it came out it was on all the magazine covers and my friends who were only very casual gamers (ie just diablo and starcraft) bought it because it looked super cool

assuming that we're talking about the same MDK, I remember it as a completely unremarkable game that looked good (for that time) but was pretty dull gameplay wise, shooting little robots off ledges and leaping around with your magic flying cape.

I was unaware the game had any great rep in the present day.

it had a ton of hype around it when it was getting released, i didn't say it was a great game... :)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

it had a ton of hype around it when it was getting released, i didn't say it was a great game... :)

Gotcha. IIRC, I only played the demo anyway, so maybe the full game was more interesting.

I just didn't realize it was an IP that was worth revisting, so I was surprised that it would come up in this thread. FOr a while I thought there was some other game with the same name that people were talking about.

i loved hexen, I thought it was way cooler than quake 2.

Hey, it was a great game! Still the thought of medkit suddenly running away screaming when you got near it makes me smile :)

yes, but it was one of the first games i knew of that let you play your own cd while playing the game instead of using the games soundtrack. so for me, hexen will always be remembered as the doom clone with swords and bows and the amazing soundtrack by Slayer... (i was 14 what do you expect)

I thought some other company made MDK and Bio just made the sequel...

Do you think they would bring back a game that wasn't really theirs to begin with?

EDIT: I realize that Bethesda brought back Fallout but this would only be the same if they had also made Fallout 2

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I always thought HExen was a pretty decent game. SOme of the levels were kinda huge and somewhat annoying due the amount of running around required. But still pretty fun.

MDK3?

:)

Would be awesome if it was though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I thought some other company made MDK and Bio just made the sequel...

that's right, Shiny made the first game, right after Earth Worm Jim 2, I think. easily my favorite development studio :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.