FO: NV (Spoilers)

They're still pretty darn rare. Only Fiends can be relied upon to have them. You'll find a few nameless NPCs with laser pistols, though. Common among caravans and I know I saw a laser fly during the Ghost Town Showdown. The Energy Weapon mentioned in the hands of a Powder Ganger is probably the Plasma Pistol Eddie uses. Not a bad weapon, but you'll be paying for repairs to it until you reach New Vegas.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I found a laser rifle in the trailer park of Nipton.

But as for plasma weapons in the hands of raiders... I'd expect the BoS to rush out and rectify that little problem (then again, they were also defeated by the NCR, which is just pathetic). In FO2/FO3 plasma weapons were only avaible from the Enclave, IIRC.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

not really, Sierra Army Depot holds a couple of plasma rifles, maybe some Vaults do too, I don't remember (and then there's super mutants at the Military Base). I do remember that I already had a Turbo Plasma Rifle when I entered Navarro for the first time

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Arcade is simply the best.

ScreenShot75.png

(then again, they were also defeated by the NCR, which is just pathetic)

The NCR is outnumbering the Brotherhood a lot and due to the isolationist-way the Brotherhood is going, they can't get new recruits fast enough. So even though they have the better equipment, sooner or later, they are all killed off by the big amounts of NCR soldiers.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Lady Killer dialogue for the Lonesome Drifter.

The Lonesome Drifter mentions that his father left him and his ma back in Montana.

Lady Killer response? 'Montana? Are you 17?'

Yeah I laughed at that too.. I never heard anything else about it though..

it's however implied that the lonesome drifter is the son of the mysterious stranger, check out fallout wiki for more info on that.

Fortune favors the bald.

even though they have the better equipment, sooner or later, they are all killed off by the big amounts of NCR soldiers.

which is kinda dumb because the Brotherhood has all these miniguns, gauss rifles, plasma and god knows what else. not to mention that NCR's troopers don't even stand a chance against a BoS paladin in Power Armor with their M14s and M16s.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

My energy weapon skill is at 17, so mostl of them have dmg of like 6, the rifles & bigger ones somewhat more. In other words, I assume when some of you are saying they're not powerful enough, you have energy skill up to at least 50ish or so? I have yet to feel like my Guns skill really needs to be past 50-60, but I've only just reached the outskirts of Vegas at lvl 13.

Misc:

--I had great fun with the mini-quest where you get to force a captured Legion to talk for an NCR commander. With my high intelligence, I was able to do it without striking a blow. But now I'm wondering if that was a Boone influence option so I'm going to reload & try it again by tossing the Legion around the room a little. Boone seems to respond to violence. Hahaha.

--The Boulder City showdown seemed a bit buggy for me. I had to do it three times before the game seemed to think I'd done it in the right 'order' & I gained influence with the town/NCR. The quest log first said "help the NCR kill all the Khan" and then when I started killing Khan, also said "Help the Khan kill all the NCR" and then quests wouldn't trigger properly. If I'd ignored the NCR standing outside, would the Khan not have been 'red' from the get go so I'd have an option to talk to/help them instead, even tho I'm chasing after them because at least one of them tried to kill me? :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, one not, but 10 might have the chance.

Given game mechanics they could barley scratch them.

It gets even worse with legion supposedly defeating them with machetes.

Yes, and given game mechanics, water heals gunshots.

Game mechanics are not the setting's reality.

My energy weapon skill is at 17, so mostl of them have dmg of like 6, the rifles & bigger ones somewhat more. In other words, I assume when some of you are saying they're not powerful enough, you have energy skill up to at least 50ish or so? I have yet to feel like my Guns skill really needs to be past 50-60, but I've only just reached the outskirts of Vegas at lvl 13.

DAM of 6, you won't be hurting anything with armor. Since even leather armor has a DT of 6.

And I don't think weapon skill effects damage. Edit: I appear to be wrong according to the wiki. How much does it improve with skill? Mine's at 60 and still has trouble with weak armors.

Edited by Tale

Well, one not, but 10 might have the chance.

Given game mechanics they could barley scratch them.

It gets even worse with legion supposedly defeating them with machetes.

Yes, and given game mechanics, water heals gunshots.

Game mechanics are not the setting's reality.

Indeed and using common sense that outcome is even more absurd.

Unless you are willing to believe that 2000 years of weapon and armor development can be completely discounted.

Unless you are willing to believe that 2000 years of weapon and armor development can be completely discounted.

Its the Ewok vs Stormtrooper syndrome at work....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Legion don't only use machetes. They like machetes, but they use far more. They've got power fists better than Veronica's. That's right, equipment better than BoS.

by the way I encountered a rather disturbing bug. in Gomorrah there's a room with a dead prostitute, you can examine her to determine the cause of her death. well, I did so and went on with my game. just now I was running past the room and what do you know, she's alive! a miracle no less. I can still examine her though, the game reassures me that she's dead. all the while she promises me a "time of my life"

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

DAM of 6, you won't be hurting anything with armor. Since even leather armor has a DT of 6.

I know, which is why I said my skill was at lvl17. I haven't bothered using them, obviously. :D I was just wondering if others had their energy skill at 70+ while saying they're a lot weaker than guns.

And I don't think weapon skill effects damage. Edit: I appear to be wrong according to the wiki. How much does it improve with skill? Mine's at 60 and still has trouble with weak armors.

It doesn't seem to affect dmg numbers by giant amounts, but it does go up. Like the wiki says, mostly accuracy and sway. Which helps me a lot. While some fights are harder than others I haven't had that much trouble with most normal things (eg, not incl. things like deathclaws haha) unless mobbed into a corner of course. Maybe it's more because of my perks tho. (edit:)that and I often shoot in the 'hidden' stance even when not hidden. It steadies my rifle and seems to give me a lot more criticals when not using VATS. It also seems to still give sneak criticals even tho enemies have spotted me.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can't get Gannon to talk about his past. I'm idolized by the Followers and have taken him to all places of interest... I want that Power Armor, damn it! :p

Walsingham said:

whoops, scratch that last post. he finally opened up to me after I decided to go solo, obviously he approves of getting rid of competition on the way to power

Walsingham said:

So...repairing the food processor in Camp McCarron. I have all the parts but it says I don't. Is this an instance of needing all non-stolen parts?

So...repairing the food processor in Camp McCarron. I have all the parts but it says I don't. Is this an instance of needing all non-stolen parts?

I've heard that it requires 2 pots, not 1 like it claims.

....yup, that was it, thanks. And it still says it's only taken 1 pot out of your inventory. heh

whoops, scratch that last post. he finally opened up to me after I decided to go solo, obviously he approves of getting rid of competition on the way to power

As far as I know, it opens up at a certain point in the main story. For me it happened in Hoover Dam after I've talked to that woman chief, as example.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."