FO: NV (Spoilers)

Getting to the Boomers was aggravating, lol! But their chain of s hort quests was kinda fun to do.

In terms of meeting Caesar...I assume Boone wiping Cottontown off the map means I can still take the ferry to get to Caesar, right? Boone won't kill the ferry service dude or something?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In terms of meeting Caesar...I assume Boone wiping Cottontown off the map means I can still take the ferry to get to Caesar, right? Boone won't kill the ferry service dude or something?

It's best to go there without companions.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm fine with Boone wiping Legion. I only care if it'll break the game by not letting me talk to Caesar when I have to, or whatever.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You can manually activate the ferry. But you still need to leave him behind after you get the mark or you'll be attacked by everyone, including Caesar.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ok then, how about this....what I mean is, I read there's stuff to do with House in the space beneath the Fort...does killing Caesar break this in any way? Or do they give you other options, like I'm hoping & that they have in other things. I don't know if that part is integral to the main plot, hence my slight worry. (p.s. in case it's not obvious I'm going the House/NCR route...not the YesMan or other route)

Edited by LadyCrimson

What level are you that you're thinking about killing Caesar? His bodyguards are brutal.

I'm level 19 or 20, I forget. Boone pretty much wipes everything to the floor now, toe to toe or ranged, but of course sometimes enemies get repeated lucky crits on him.

Myself...8Luck, 95Guns, +Boone's hat +Finesse & other perks +Sniper rifle +booster drugs and even w/my slow reflexes I'm not terrible. Besides, as hard as the worst baddies can hit in Very Hard, I don't think another 30 or 60 hit points is going to make too much difference.

As long as you have the Platinum Chip it should be all okay.

Yes, I'm at the point where I have the chip. Guess I'll just go for it. I can always reload if it turns into game-break bug disaster or something.

So far I've sided with Mr. House. I heard there's a job to do that means killing the BoS. Is there a way around to convince him not to kill them? I really don't like the idea of betraying the trust of them after helping them out.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

No, I think there's no way around it.... :(

I'm having 'moral' dilemma because I've been siding with the NCR for a long time but I have the feeling its' going to come down to House vs. everyone else. Haven't given the chip to House yet, can't decide. All I know is I don't want YesMan this time.

I think, somebody here mentioned that if you are on very good terms with the BOS and have high speech, it is possible to resolve the situation peacefully, don't take my word for a fact though

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So far I've sided with Mr. House. I heard there's a job to do that means killing the BoS. Is there a way around to convince him not to kill them? I really don't like the idea of betraying the trust of them after helping them out.

I sided with the NCR, who have a similar mission. I talked to the BoS leader and informed him of their plans to eradicate them. He responded by sending me back to the NCR with an offer of an alliance - so I think you can diplomatically solve it, no matter which faction you choose (except Legion perhaps, they seem pretty hell bend on killing everyone).

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't think its possible. I tried, but there were no dialog options with the Elder. Mr. House views them as a permanent threat.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

what if you help the other guy, that Paladin, become Elder?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

lol, don't you love new games where half the info are still 'maybes?' I'd heard that the original elder had to still be in place for that to work. I guess only one way to find out for sure what works in your game.

I'm a bit confused tho...I've decided I want to stick with NCR because of Boone-roleplaying, but I have no NCR quest that seems related to the chip at all. The Ambassador sent his messenger when I arrived, but his quests don't seem very related...am I on the right path?

Edited by LadyCrimson

Ok, thank you!

Rex is adorable. I like him much better than EDE. Can't recruit Arcade right now but he seems nice enough on intro. Pleasant voice tone. Might try him for a few minutes if I can make myself send Boone back to his dinosaur.

what if you help the other guy, that Paladin, become Elder?

The only way to not destroy the BoS are:

1) Go Yes Man.

2) Go NCR and do all the quests except Hardin's.

I'm uncertain of Caesar's status. He may not even know about them.

So, if you go with Yes Man but don't activate the robots in the Fort, is it possible to still remain allied with the NCR instead of kicking them all out? Since my character had helped the NCR the entire game and was idolized by them, I was hoping for kind of a "status-quo" ending where my character maintains the NV treaty.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.