What are you playing now

Pidesco

Did they ever finish the KOTOR restoration project. I was just wondering since KOTOR was 2.5 E on STEAM today.

... we're talking about the first kotor, here? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Since I still have that Wii standing around (haven't touched it since a year, only played Metroid Prime and RE4), I'm now contemplating to get Epic Mickey. It's a Warren Spector game so it must be good. Amirite?

You could just give me the Wii.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Did they ever finish the KOTOR restoration project. I was just wondering since KOTOR was 2.5 E on STEAM today.

A restoration project was finished.. to quote myself:

The Sith Lord Restored Content Mod has been released (and updated) and is now available here.

Fortune favors the bald.

AC1 didn't have godawful voice acting like AC2 and Brotherhood do. Also people weren't as ugly. And the character didn't wear ridiculous amounts of layers of expensive cloth.

Half a line of dialogue is always italian (probably with a terrible american accent) and the other half is in english with the most annoying italian accent. And EVERYONE speaks like this. Makes my ears bleed.

the game is 10x better if you just play it in italian with english subtitles. seriously, give it a try, its awesome.

Thank you, the game is much better now.

Except for those parts outside of the Animus. Too bad you can't have those in english while the rest is in italian.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Actually I wanted to sell this thing but I was always curious about Epic Mickey so I kept it.

What about that new Metroid Other M? Is that good?

The main complaint I've heard about it is that when they decided Samus was going to talk, they didn't realize that at some point she'd probably need to shut up. Literally everything I've seen has said that.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

AC1 didn't have godawful voice acting like AC2 and Brotherhood do. Also people weren't as ugly. And the character didn't wear ridiculous amounts of layers of expensive cloth.

Half a line of dialogue is always italian (probably with a terrible american accent) and the other half is in english with the most annoying italian accent. And EVERYONE speaks like this. Makes my ears bleed.

the game is 10x better if you just play it in italian with english subtitles. seriously, give it a try, its awesome.

Thank you, the game is much better now.

Except for those parts outside of the Animus. Too bad you can't have those in english while the rest is in italian.

aghhh i totally agree!! it was so weird seeing that chick from veronica mars speaking italian. but really all the gameplay in italy is so much more immersive and fun when everyone is actually speaking italian ;(

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

my current to-play list:

keep playing New Vegas till im bored with it (130 hrs and climbing)

infamous (got it for $10)

alan wake (got it for $20)

final fantasy 4 ds

amnesia

dragon quest 9 ds

alpha protocol (maybe i'll keep waiting for a patch?)

professor layton n the curious village

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

if it was then it'll bump up a notch or too on my list, i have it on steam so i should be able to check the patch history

Gran Turismo 5.

Graphics are a mixed bag(very good looking most of the time), loading times are sometimes very long even with the game installed, and the gameplay(feeling of cars hasn't changed drastically. Still it was worth the wait. I usually do not play racing games, in fact Gran Turismo is the one of few racing series I have played, and I am liking it very much. Slightly better than Forza Motorsport 3, but that is just my opinion.

Metro 2033

The beginning is paced pretty terribly. In like the first 3 "levels" or so, you have a segment you must lose, a pitiful single room defense mission, and another pitiful on rails segment. Getting the three worst FPS tropes out of the way as fast as they can, it seems.

Edited by Tale

Still playing Two Worlds 2.

Apart from some rage-inducing mini-games that were clearly designed for a console controller (then again, maybe the devs are trying to make a point about playing the harp or flute), I'm really having a good time with it.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

How I would love to write that I am playing TW2 because I got it in the mail today...

You got The Witcher 2 is the mail today!? Awesome! :sorcerer:

Tell us how Two Worlds 2 is. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

How I would love to write that I am playing TW2 because I got it in the mail today...

You got The Witcher 2 is the mail today!? Awesome! :sorcerer:

Tell us how Two Worlds 2 is. :p

I am very happy with the game. I am positively surprised. The cutscenes aren't great, with some graphics popping up a second later here and there. I don't have any big complaints about animations. I had read that they were very bad, but I am ok with them. The introduction is linear, but that is ok, because it teaches you about skills and abilities. The soundtrack is very good and the voices are not so bad. The only audio problem is that dialog sometimes cuts out, but I have subtitles on, so I really don't miss anything, this is a minor annoyance.

The game shines in the right area for me: during gameplay. Characters look good overall and the landscape looks really good, but the thing that impresses me the most is the lighting. For a console port, it is magnificent. Foilage in woods look great and overall a very polished graphical experience during gameplay. My biggest complaint would be the camera, it is very fast and I had to lower it to minimum, and it still feels super quick. If you get motion sickness easy(i don't), then this will be a problem for you.

The battle system is fun, decided to do a fighter/mage hybrid. I haven't been fighting a lot, I didn't like archery very much, but I keep an extra bow just in case. Melee feels good, especially when you land a counter and I chose magic so I could mess around with spell combos. I also do a lot of sneaking. It feels good taking out guys from the back. I haven't really started to play around with the weapon customizing, I want to focus on good armor first and then offense. Glad I picked up all those books in the beginning, they sell for a nice price. I have not had any troubles in battle so far, in fact, I would even call it easy at this point. cant't wait to find a monster that kills me in one shot. :lol: One of my favorite parts in exploration rpgs. I remember this happening in Risen, heard a sound, went to check it out, kill with one blow by an ashbeast. The game actually reminds me a little bit about Risen, and that is not a bad thing as I loved that game.

The game started off good, and I hope it keeps on delivering.

There are no monsters that can kill you in one hit (unless you venture into a dungeon at level 1). The few times I died was because of falling from a high ledge.

But generally all monsters require tactics to beat, and if you get ganged by too many you can easily die. Then again, since potions work immediately and can be used during combat it's not too much of a problem.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

It basically cost me $5 for the disc version. This is the first I've used the new Dashboard. Glad they finally let you be signed into two messengers at once.