Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

I can't order the CE at game.co.uk because "Please note that we do not currently ship consoles or heavy items (over 1000g) outside the UK."

Did they actually stop you from preordering or you just assumed that the CE will be above those limits? Because AFAIK the CE is just a tad under 1 kg, or at least, so I remember the community manager guy at the Bethsoft forum saying.

customer service e-mail answer was that the package is over 1kg, so they said they won't be sending it outside of UK. And no i didn't pre-order it anyway to try it out. I'd got with Amazon.co.uk but their postage and packing price is enormous :/ If it was half of that i might've considered it.

The CE isn't on Amazon.co.uk... :ermm:

You're right, but i did see it on one of the european Amazons. Must've been amazon.de then.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Damnit its leaked

I'm out punching everyone I know that pirates games.

But I guess that had to be expected considering its such a big release. :ermm:

I guess it's time to stop reading FNV threads.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Nice diary there. Wow, I think I could listen to Kris Kristofersson reading the phone book, very good voice on him.

Kinda wonder sometimes how Perlman feels about his role in the series. Everyone who's into Fallout obviously feels he is so incredibly iconic for it. But I mean, he "just" narrates a few bits and pieces here and there. :ermm:

EDIT: Where did you order your copy mkreku? I ordered the Collector's Edition from webhallen. I hope it gets here for the release date, webhallen are usually pretty good about that.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

wha, leaked already? full version? damn. I remember some guy in Russia, who worked for a major publisher, left a full version of a yet unreleased game to his friend for the night. he's in jail now iirc

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

EDIT: Where did you order your copy mkreku? I ordered the Collector's Edition from webhallen. I hope it gets here for the release date, webhallen are usually pretty good about that.

Same. I'm getting mine to the pick-up point in Uppsala. Very convenient, but 749 SEK stings a little..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Still on the fence.

Be careful of the spokes.

Anything in particular you're on the fence about?

I just don't get this. Not to sound harsh or anything but isn't the fact that it is an Obsidian product, and you spend a good amount of time hanging out on their forums, enough to push you over the fence?

I get not buying an Obsidian game if it doesn't interest you, but if it does interest you, I would think that would be enough to seal the deal. I mean, if they don't sell games, we don't have a forum anymore.

I just don't get this. Not to sound harsh or anything but isn't the fact that it is an Obsidian product, and you spend a good amount of time hanging out on their forums, enough to push you over the fence?

I get not buying an Obsidian game if it doesn't interest you, but if it does interest you, I would think that would be enough to seal the deal. I mean, if they don't sell games, we don't have a forum anymore.

For your first question : Nope. One doesn't lead to the other.

And besides I have guinea pig friends that will run out and get this that I can use for feedback. Only the 360 version leaked apparently, no PC version out in the wild yet.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I very much doubt that any pc version will appear before next week, simply because pre-load from Steam doesn't give you all files.

'Expected the leak to be much earlier, to be honest. But I am also somewhat glad, that it appeard "this late", because I most likely would spoil me a lot from videos 'n stuff on the internet. Now it's just a few days until it's out and my copy is on it's way.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I very much doubt that any pc version will appear before next week, simply because pre-load from Steam doesn't give you all files.

'Expected the leak to be much earlier, to be honest. But I am also somewhat glad, that it appeard "this late", because I most likely would spoil me a lot from videos 'n stuff on the internet. Now it's just a few days until it's out and my copy is on it's way.

Uhm, are you from the UK Lexx?

Europe has the 22th as release. This shall include germany too. My copy has to traverse over the ocean to me, but since I used postal office service so-and-so (forgot the name), the approx delivery time is 5 to 6 days, which would make the 21th/22th as target date.

If not, then well... sucks.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Europe has the 22th as release. This shall include germany too. My copy has to traverse over the ocean to me, but since I used postal office service so-and-so (forgot the name), the approx delivery time is 5 to 6 days, which would make the 21th/22th as target date.

By the way Lexx do you know if Switzerland gets an uncensored version?

No, I mean, did you miss the conversation we had with Majek last page? Apparently the Customer Service answered to his email by telling him that they won't send the CE outside of the UK because it's over 1kg. :p

No clue. Austria should have one, but I am not sure. This time we got zero information about the censored / not censored things in the games. I mean, the normal gore censorship was clear anyway.

No, I mean, did you miss the conversation we had with Majek last page? Apparently the Customer Service answered to his email by telling him that they won't send the CE outside of the UK because it's over 1kg. :p

I haven't got such mail and I've pre-ordered already last month. So maybe they finish off the ones they got now and don't take up any new ones. I've got the e-mail, that my game is on it's way:

Dear Mr Lexx Lexxington,

Order number(s): H3RM35/P

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition (with Preorder Bonus in-game Classic Pack) is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition (with Preorder Bonus in-game Classic Pack), and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

Edited by Lexx

No clue. Austria should have one, but I am not sure. This time we got zero information about the censored / not censored things in the games. I mean, the normal gore censorship was clear anyway.

I ordered it from the shop of a good friend of mine. Well, F3 was uncensored so I'll hope for the best.

Thanks anyway.

I don't know. I didn't saw anything like that on the page when I ordered it. Not in the terms and conditions nor anywhere else. So let's hope it's really just temporary due to too many orders. Beside this, they haven't took money from my credit card yet, so either it was just the information that it will happen soon or I have no clue. Hope that more information will come soon.

Edited by Lexx

Intense Training (10 Ranks)

Prerequisite: None

With the Intense Training perk, you can put a single point into any of your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes.

Our grade: Coming soon!

Uh. +10 SPECIAL points? I know, it would actually mean 20 level and perks wasted, but... why 10 ranks?

Pretty sure the 'we don't send packages over 1 kg outside the UK' is not a temporary policy but then again, the data in our pre-orders should have been clear so.. meh, I'll just wait until they either take my money and send it or tell me that they won't. In which case I'm unsure on whether I should order the italian CE (ultra-expensive and the graphic novel will likely be ****tily translated) or just the Direct2Drive digital one.