Fallout: New Vegas

J.E. Sawyer

Not to mention in case of Oblivion, 90% of mods are trash if you're not into furry, anime and sexual deviancy.

But otoh, there's Oscuro's which basically saved the game for me.

I didn't really care about the gameplay. Nothing could fix the butchered setting.

That's cool. I was just the opposite: Bethie's lore does nothing for me; I just wanted the gameplay fixed so I didn't feel like I had thrown my money down the drain.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Not to mention in case of Oblivion, 90% of mods are trash if you're not into furry, anime and sexual deviancy.

But otoh, there's Oscuro's which basically saved the game for me.

I didn't really care about the gameplay. Nothing could fix the butchered setting.

That's cool. I was just the opposite: Bethie's lore does nothing for me; I just wanted the gameplay fixed so I didn't feel like I had thrown my money down the drain.

I wanted the exploration fixed. :'(

I lost any interest in exploring dungeons when I realized all loot either scaled or rusty iron. No more glass daggers by sneaking into Daedra shrines.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Saviour of the MMO, lolwut.
They are, get this, actually trying to revolutionize MMOs. For years no-one thought it possible, but apparently it. Can. Be. Done.

It's like someone found a living dodo bird!

They are, get this, actually trying to revolutionize MMOs.

Babes in armor.

Al new, all different. :/

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

As an example of how much people are looking forward to Fallout New Vegas, IGN has a poll up for most wanted game in the remaining months of 2010 and F:NV is currently ranked as the second most wanted game at 26% right after Call of Duty: Black Ops at 27%. Nothing to sneeze at considering how popular the CoD series is.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

As an example of how much people are looking forward to Fallout New Vegas, IGN has a poll up for most wanted game in the remaining months of 2010 and F:NV is currently ranked as the second most wanted game at 26% right after Call of Duty: Black Ops at 27%. Nothing to sneeze at considering how popular the CoD series is.

Well, it is still just an internet poll, but the results are amazing indeed.

Some fairly high quality cam footage: http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=8803

I have no idea what the player is doing but you get a pretty good look at the Strip, an indoor location (which looks exactly like F3 almost), a farm which I assume is related to Goodsprings and a monorail station in Vegas. Looking pretty damn good overall.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

They are, get this, actually trying to revolutionize MMOs.

Babes in armor.

Al new, all different. :/

Umm, no?

Definitely!

This screen was made at Hoover Dam. Looks somehow small to me. Hope the dam will be big and gigantic ingame.

Beside this: Legion and NCR still fighting over Hoover Dam?

So far, New Vegas so much looks like a prequel to Van Buren to me. If just the year of time would be different... then my loved Hoover Dam city could still happen.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

That Dam looks pretty large, but there's nothing I can see to really give it scale. The screenie is taking looking slightly down from above which will tend to make things look less physically massive as well.

While they still have to do a lot of explaining about how exactly the Strip works in New Vegas, I'm digging its design. The contrast between the Strip itself and the Wasteland (and even Freeside for that matter) is really powerful from an artistic standpoint. Even if the engine itself is still as bad as ever, I'm digging the visuals of this diary. :lol:

So far, New Vegas so much looks like a prequel to Van Buren to me. If just the year of time would be different... then my loved Hoover Dam city could still happen.

actually it looks like Van Buren itself, which makes sense: if you had a plot for a fallout game ready and somehow have gotten your hands on the license, wouldn't you use this story (at least partially) instead of writing a whole new one from scratch? I think it's great, makes me feel like Van Buren came back from the land of the dead :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Nope, doesn't looks like Van Buren to me, due to the changes. First, the story is 100% different and second, the only location out of Van Buren, which can be seen in New Vegas (Hoover Dam) looks totally different than in the VB design documents.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

bah, insignificant details! it's Van Buren I say :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.