What are you playing now

Gorth

Im playing F1 2010. It's about as arcade as Forza, but still tons of fun. However, there are some minor bugs and oddities. For instance, its apparent not all developers are familiar with racing as I just found a strange mistake:

In F1 you split the track into 3 sectors that each have timing, so youll know in a more detailed manner where a driver is fast or slow. F1 2010 also does this, but the game only gives you the last times you did for the last lap. And in the last lap you will always go into the pit and park before completing the final sector, so you will NEVER be able to see your sector 3 times.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Im playing F1 2010. It's about as arcade as Forza, but still tons of fun. However, there are some minor bugs and oddities. For instance, its apparent not all developers are familiar with racing as I just found a strange mistake:

In F1 you split the track into 3 sectors that each have timing, so youll know in a more detailed manner where a driver is fast or slow. F1 2010 also does this, but the game only gives you the last times you did for the last lap. And in the last lap you will always go into the pit and park before completing the final sector, so you will NEVER be able to see your sector 3 times.

Well, atleast you don't downright hate it.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Still the pit bug takes the prize, or maybe the fact that AI cars don't have fuel simulation, or how about how the AI times(practice/qualifing/race) are just make believe(as in the cars on the track are just props)?

Having said that, I'm still enjoying it.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Arkham Asylum. Though Batman is pretty much the lamest DC hero, game seems pretty good so far. Though I don't get why Batman needs to do the stealth shtick, if he's so badass that he can knock out any group of goons without effort.

Later on, when the goons have firearms, your best friend will be stealth.

Rich industrials trying to play superhero are better off as Iron Man, amirite?

What? Totally lost me there.

Batman is rich, Tony Stark is rich - Virumor believes that Iron Man is the better choice for the nonsuperpower superhero.

Fortune favors the bald.

I think the onslaught of negativity on the Codie forum is a bit of an overreaction, to say the least.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Batman is rich, Tony Stark is rich - Virumor believes that Iron Man is the better choice for the nonsuperpower superhero.

Both men are rich but only Tony has manly facial hair. The choice should be obvious.

Comicbook Tony is a total douche, the Robert Downey Jr. film version is awesome. But batman is friggin' batman, ok? Do not talk trash about the caped crusader.

Comicbook Tony is a total douche, the Robert Downey Jr. film version is awesome. But batman is friggin' batman, ok? Do not talk trash about the caped crusader.

Oh I will talk trash about him! After all, the guy got beaten up and had his back snapped by BANE

post-13853-1285466179_thumb.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And for some reason, I want to play that one game. The one where you're a mercenary in Africa and run around finding diamonds everywhere, which you use to buy your malaria pills. I remember it has nice guns and horrible respawning roadblocks.

?

That was an oddly convoluted way of saying, "I want to play Far Cry 2.".

I forgot the name of the game.

Mass Effect 3.

Because, like, making new games is just so mid 1990s.

Of course, ME 1 only came out 3 years ago, and when it did, many of the RPG 'purist' on this board complained about BioWare abandoning its original fans to make a dumbed-down shooter/RPG hybrid.

Also, I ate a Monte Carlo today. Or was it a Monte Cristo?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm still playing The Witcher, and I like what I see. I also started playing Dragon Age Origins: Awakening on the PS3. Unfortunately, looking at my Battle.net account earlier today I noticed my account is now flagged for the World of WarCraft: Cataclysm beta test, which means, in other words, that my life the next couple of months just kissed me goodbye.

I think the onslaught of negativity on the Codie forum is a bit of an overreaction, to say the least.

Seems to me its just a bunch of driving sim enthusiasts, who for some reason expected a 100% simulation experience, I don't believe that this was ever on the cards, there will always be a small hardcore niche, be it D&D, F1, whatever, and there is always a number of them who will go mental over the smallest thing that not 100% accurate. Frankly I think the Birmingham lads did a great job, considering how long they've had to develop it, its their first iteration, so it can only get better.

No game has ever been perfect on release, my experience with NWN was shocking, but I didn't go on their forum and refer to the dev team as a bunch of idiots. I've seen a couple of games get released, and scratched my head at the reaction. Some people just want to troll and cause trouble, and others want to offer constructive critisim.

haters-gonna-hate-the-king-of-used-cars.jpg

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Yeah, you have guys going nuts over tiny details and saying the game is a buggy piece of crap. "OMFG you can clearly see that Nico Rosberg is wearing sparco gloves, not his custom pumas!! Codemasters is using us as beta-testers for an unfinished game!! ITS A CONSPIRACY I HATE YOU!!!!!!"

Oh I will talk trash about him! After all, the guy got beaten up and had his back snapped by BANE

That doesnt count in the official continuity anymore. Nor does Kevin Smith's "batman peed himself in year one" stunt. Its actually one of the great things about Batman, since there is a thousand writers working on it and churning out stories right and left, if you dont like something you can just ignore it ever happened.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

That doesnt count in the official continuity anymore. Nor does Kevin Smith's "batman peed himself in year one" stunt. Its actually one of the great things about Batman, since there is a thousand writers working on it and churning out stories right and left, if you dont like something you can just ignore it ever happened.

I guess the Widening Gyre isn't official either?

Here's what Smith wrote about it:

I

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The Widening gyre is an incoherent mess of poop. I really liked what he did with spiderman, but "The Widening Gyre" is just rubbish. There's fanficition thats better written and executed.

Actually it does, and old bats managed to singlehandedly rip apart the super hero community (twice) and is currently deader than a doornail.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

the combination of 52 in DC, and Civil War in Marvel made me stop reading superhero comics all together. I figure I will wait about 2 more years, then go back and pick up anything genuinely good that came out during my 5 year hiatus. but my days of just buying the newest big stuff because thats what's hot is over. 52 and civil war sucked. civil war particularly just showed how much better the ultimates was than the 616. ultimate cap NEVER would have given up like that.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

52/Final Crisis was utter rubbish, but I did like Civil War. It wasnt the usual "bunch up against the big baddie" crossover they've always done. The ultimate comics line held a much higher overall quality though.

Also, Batman is friggin alive as hell, dudes. Darkseids omega beams only sent him back in time, it didnt kill him.

Bane still snapped Batman's back. Batman peeing himself along with him having a son with Talia hasn't been retconed as much as every writer refuses to acknowledge its existence.

Batman never died; the Omega beams sent him back in time. Which is about as lame as Wolverine having all the flesh blown off his bones but surviving and healing himself fully.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Wow, people hating on Codemasters developers ? It's OFP2 all over again. Someone push Sion Lenton off a cliff,, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Borderlands until I get around to Civ5, which doesn't seem like it'll be in the near future...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS