What are you playing now

Gorth

I enjoyed RDR but thought it got boring before I beat it. I played on to the end, but the romance was gone shortly after arriving in Mexico.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I loved RDR. The controls are a bit sluggy but the atmosphere is fantastic and the storyline becomes engaging once you get to the final act (the first two acts are actually pretty bad imo)

i would still put it in my top 5 games of the year though.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

tried out torchlight for a bit last night

seems a relatively decent diablo clone, but so far stupidly easy and the skills are most definitely not balanced. so many of them are either completely useless, or one point wonders

i'm sure i'll get bored of it soon enough

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm playing Bioshock 2. I'm suprised that it's better then I expected. It still has annoying respawning enemies but at the same time there's familar, old skool FPS feeling in it. Yeah, I think it finally confirms that I dislike most WW2 FPS and prefer games to have some supernatural elements in it.

/mental note - Buy Singularity and new Wolfenstain from Steam holiday sales if the price tag is low enough.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

seems a relatively decent diablo clone, but so far stupidly easy and the skills are most definitely not balanced. so many of them are either completely useless, or one point wonders

Try the hardest difficulty, they made the normal one super easy for some reason.

Just finished Mass Effect 1.

Have got back into playing Company of Heroes, and am still mahdi about how the AI cheats. And by cheat I mean - is better than me - at least in the skirmish mode.

After playing skirmish a couple of times, go try the regular campaigns. They're a freaking pushover.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just finished Mass Effect 1.

Have got back into playing Company of Heroes, and am still mahdi about how the AI cheats. And by cheat I mean - is better than me - at least in the skirmish mode.

After playing skirmish a couple of times, go try the regular campaigns. They're a freaking pushover.

If you're axis one of the hardest times you'll have is against Airborne US commanders under AI because they're cheaters so unlimited manpower and a good sight of the battlefield (don't know if they get full sight or not) means that there will be a constant stream of paras and at guns dropping on you.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Try the hardest difficulty, they made the normal one super easy for some reason.

that's... disappointing :rolleyes:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I too am playing normal and agree its pretty easy. The enemy will dutifully patrol, five feet away, while I cast heal on myself five times, heal up the dog, transfer a bunch of loot from my pack to the dogs, etc...

Does the AI become more aggressive on higher levels?

I too am playing normal and agree its pretty easy. The enemy will dutifully patrol, five feet away, while I cast heal on myself five times, heal up the dog, transfer a bunch of loot from my pack to the dogs, etc...

Does the AI become more aggressive on higher levels?

Probably just smarter.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Instaling about 70 BG mods using Big World Project, which automates most of it but still takes hours and hours. Hope it works..

Beat Reach yesterday. Meh. Now back to Borderlands.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I installed Alpha Protocal and Borderlands, but haven't touched either. I also have the Shadow Broker DLC and ME 2 installed on my game, but can't muster the energy to play. I think I have a head cold or something.

And for some reason, I want to play that one game. The one where you're a mercenary in Africa and run around finding diamonds everywhere, which you use to buy your malaria pills. I remember it has nice guns and horrible respawning roadblocks.

But I think I have most of my older games packed up in the closet. Getting to the game would require digging through stuff and I'd rather nap.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

1) I tend to make a number of spelling mistakes and this time I didn't run my post through Word.

2) I pronounce the word 'Pro-toe-call'. I've also heard 'Pro-tah-call.' I don't memorize or visualize words completely, so I tend to fill in spaces with what I hear.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

1) I tend to make a number of spelling mistakes and this time I didn't run my post through Word.

2) I pronounce the word 'Pro-toe-call'. I've also heard 'Pro-tah-call.' I don't memorize or visualize words completely, so I tend to fill in spaces with what I hear.

Eh, I specifically used the plural since it's far from uncommon, and I didn't really want to be an anal grammar (spelling, to be precise) nazi.

Alpha Protocal

I'm curious, why so many make this spelling mistake?

You should have seen some of the old wh40k discussion forums (usenet) a decade or more ago. Rouge Trader and Angles of Death was pretty much the de facto spelling ')

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Rouge

This one has always bugged me so much. :o

Angles of Death sounds like it could be made into a neat Paranoia supplement. And by neat I mean totally nuts and it will infuriate your players. Angles between 80 and 100 degrees are above your security clearance. All players must spend the entire session leaning at least 10 degrees off center.