Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Downloading this too. It's always nice to see that the first thing random players do it's attack non-hostile NPCs. :ermm:

Maybe they wanted to check whether there were any "essential" NPCs around.

Is it possible to break the main quest in the game?

I find that hard to accept they would allow that. I am sure the core NPCs for the main story line are flagged as invulnerable or at the very least their stats are so god like killing them would be near impossible even with the best equipment. Thats pretty standard in most CRPGs. You can frak up side quest NPCs im sure however

There's only 1 unkillable NPC in the game excluding children actually and they've confirmed that months ago.

Odd... so if you accidentally frak up a main NPC time to reload a save as you broke the main stroyline?.. interesting.. we'll see how that plays out.. Thanks for the info.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

There's only 1 unkillable NPC in the game excluding children actually and they've confirmed that months ago.

Odd... so if you accidentally frak up a main NPC time to reload a save as you broke the main stroyline?.. interesting.. we'll see how that plays out.. Thanks for the info.

Since they have designed the game around that feature since the beginning I'd imagine that they made it so that you can't break the main quest.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

There's always a path through the main storyline if you are a whirlwind of death. You can certainly ruin quests for yourself by slaughtering everyone you see, but there's always a way forward.

Super important question

Not really, but I wanted to ask.

: does Tabitha get a custom head? Or does she just use the normal Nightkin head?

Less important question : Has there been any change on how difficulty works outside of hardcore mode? (I'm going to reask since Taviow asked once.)

There's always a path through the main storyline if you are a whirlwind of death. You can certainly ruin quests for yourself by slaughtering everyone you see, but there's always a way forward.

Interesting how you managed that. Looking forward to playing this without a doubt. I generally don't play the kill everything im a psycho character but good to know either case. I generally play a LN merc type of character. :p

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

i think a person who kills every single npc is usually just messing around or is a little kid.

however, i like that I can kill ANY single (or multiple) npcs without it screwing up the whole game, or worse, having the kill not take effect and watching the rat bastard just stand up again after being shot in the head.

some npcs just rub the wrong way and must be shot, its nice knowing they wont stand back up afterwards (oblivion had this the worst)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Same studio was used for POS! har har har

http://www.fixinthemix.com/Video_Game_Voice_Over_Studio.htm

And for Fallout 2, actually. Wonder why they advertise POS on their website and not FO2.

Also, looks like they haven't changed their website design since the Fallout 2 days.

Edited by Ausir

Fallout 3 kept players glued to their seats for days just to get through the main plot
Okay seriously, I'm gonna (mis)quote the Goddamn Batman on this.

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? What the hell do you think you played? It was goddamn Fallout 3.

Josh, will NV review copies differ from retail copies too? If yes, can at least we, loyal forumites, get review copies pls? Thx.

PS: Also, will there be Gauss Rifles? In what category? :3

Edited by Oner

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

It certainly doesn't make sense to consider that the PC would survive for a month in the Mojave desert buried in a shallow grave, with several bullet wounds in the face area. It's definitely more likely that the PC's body is recovered and he/she takes a month to regain normal function. Why the video is the way it is, it's hard to say.

Edited by Pop

Thoughts on the content of the cinematic? If I were to hazard a guess I'd say that the platinum chip is a "magic key" to New Vegas and its potential. It's something everybody wants and something that Benny is more than willing to murder you to get, to further his own power / save his skin / whatever reason. More than likely, possessing it is the only way to gain an audience with Mr. House. Thus it's the classic Fallout Macguffin - you chase it around, get it, meet Mr. House, and through him learn what your real problem is, thus setting the table for the second half of the game.

That's just a guess, though.

Edited by Pop

Maybe the body found in the grave "one month later" isn't the PC. Maybe the PC has been replaced with another body, for an as yet unknown reason.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Didn't see it at first but if you look at the quality, you see there's a fairly big difference after the "one month later" caption. Like someone just spliced in part of the teaser trailer there. So yeah, probably edited.

I like how they show off New Vegas as a sorta post-apocalypstic fun town, only to then show us that there's trouble brewing outside its walls. Pretty neat.

But the character models look pretty damn wonky to me in the burial scene. I think Benny's little monologue feels a bit off writing-wise as well but the voiceactor does a great job with it at any rate.

So, I guess the pre-rendered cutscene will be before Perlman gives his speech like in the other Fallouts? But I wonder if the teaser trailer will also be in there somewhere.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0