Dragon Age 2

Bio sure knows how to keep us going, at any rate: new Qu'nari.

QunariSwordMan_Render728c.jpg

source. Looks like they've been spiced up and made more x-treme... clearly Sten didn't fit in because he was more down to earth kind of guy.

I thought they were one of the more interesting parts of DAO lore, we'll see how they change in culture/etc?

To sum up Greg's interview:

1. They don't listen to comments on the internet

2. Because it's thuggish

3. But Bioware's strength is that they are really, really open to criticism

4. Although they don't think there's anything useful in the comments section of their forum

5. But if you are a specially chosen Bio player you can make comments in their private NDA-protected forums

6. Did Greg mention that he's not really interested in player comments?

7. He says, "hey wait until you've played the game" i.e. after I've given him forty pounds.

8. The marketing for DA, with Marilyn Manson was a genius piece of awareness-heightening, not puerile and embarrassing.

Will there be romance opportunities? Of course! It's not just your friend, it's a large part of the experience.
:x

sonsofgygax.JPG

Gee, I guess I was the only one who fought a bunch of Qunari mercenaries in the game. They all looked like Sten too.

(won't make a "horny qunari" joke. Won't.)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's not that I don't like the look of that Qunari concept art, I actually think it looks pretty good. It's more the fact that it looks nothing like Sten, or those other Qunari mercenaries I fought in DA:O.

Combined with the quote about changes to the dwarves and elves, it seems BioWare's doing a lot of retconning. They seem intent on coming up with ideas exclusively to fit DA2, with no real concern about continuity from Origins.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wonder how are they going to explain the new Qunari after all those mercenaries and Sten which looked so much different... Yay for new art direction, **** continuity!

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

I kinda dig the concept art.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Does it really surprise you that Bioware does romances again in DA2 (or Hawke: The Champion of Kirkwall)? It doesn't to me, since romances are Bioware's trademark. And many girls and women play Bioware games, since they have romances in them.

As for GZ's comments, I don't believe in what he says, espicially about the 'not listening' to their internet forums. Many people on the Bioware forums expressed the hope that in DA2 they'd like to hear what the main character says, and so it'll be in DA2. And yes, the Marilyn Manson PR for DA: Origins were indeed what put Dragon Age: Origins on the map, and helped launched it into the market. We can bemoan the world in which sex and violence still gets out attention span or factor going, but such is the reality still.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Ehm.. have you missed the fact that in the article it's already explained how they justified this change? :(

Even the dog that ate my homework could have come up with a better excuse :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

Ehm.. have you missed the fact that in the article it's already explained how they justified this change? :(

Right. But that doesn't change the fact it's still a retcon to the Qunari species that we, the players of DA:O, know. It's a change after the fact.

Sure, it's a feasible explanation. But it still runs counter to what we saw/read about in Origins about the Qunari. Unless there was a codex entry that I overlooked in Origins that detailed what Gaider explained in his quote?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

:( This is what happens when you put the dialog wheel on a game, it becomes full of plot holes.
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Personally I like the redesign of the qunari model, as it was obvious that first Dragon Age used unibody system and thus it would have created too much work to make personal set of helmets for the Stern only (or the few mercs we saw in game). And I'll accept "Wizard did it" reason for it :(

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Nothing we learned about quanari in DA1 disproves the existence fo horned ones. Afterall, we saw just a handful of them in the game. It's like the people in that thread whining and worrying that quanari might actually have different skin colour than Sten. THE HORRORZ!

It's stuff like that plus stuff in this thread why any half intelligent developer should pretty much ignored 99% of crap spewed on the net. It means nothing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

this redesign is awesome, they should release an optional patch to make the qunari look like that for the original game. I don't like the way sten currently looks.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

this redesign is awesome, they should release an optional patch to make the qunari look like that for the original game. I don't like the way sten currently looks.

Sten is a hornless Qunari according to Gaider though.

As I said, I'm more curious about the changes to dwarves and elves, though Gaider implied they're more subtle (differentiating silhouettes and animations most probably).

thats dumb, just make all qunari look awesome (ie with horns and native american tattoos) and go back and fix sten (for those who want that, don't force the patch)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.