AAAHHHHHHH

Have you tried it in the last few months? They completely redid Steam. I complained about it as much as the next guy before that.

Nope, can't say I did.

I do notice since they use their new system my Steam games (1 bought, other free trials :bow:) lag a lot though. I think their new overlay got some issues, it shouldn't slow the game down that much it does.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

But what if their next update/huge overhaul makes it worse again & it takes a long time for them to fix it?

Some would say that this update was worse than the original... :bow:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The new Steam is indeed better for usability, lag, etc. I still think it should be optional, not forced - there's no good reason to make it forced, for the consumer. Whatever bad things Steam decide to do in the future you're stuck.

4,000 books?

4,000 is a very, very large number...

Well, that's around 20+ years of reading material gathered together. The term "triple stacked shelves" comes to mind :*

* Just to derail things for a moment.. As things looked when I had to empty the "library" section to redecorate my room..

post-26660-1278896002_thumb.jpg

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

4,000 books?

4,000 is a very, very large number...

Well, that's around 20+ years of reading material gathered together. The term "triple stacked shelves" comes to mind :*

* Just to derail things for a moment.. As things looked when I had to empty the "library" section to redecorate my room..

post-26660-1278896002_thumb.jpg

You should ask them to pay rent.

Digital products is not the same as Steam, is it?

Digital products most definitely does not cater well to the "I like having my boxes" crowd though.

The much of my support for Steam does come because Valve appears to actually support the PC game market.

Edited by Thorton_AP

So all you anti-Steam people are happy with dozens of boxes cluttering up your room?
Well, yeah. Until all we got was cheap DVD cases. A game collection is like a well-sorted movie collection on the shelf, or a library of books.

Except that they are, you know, video games.

[...]

That's exactly the kind of thinking that has put gaming in this cultural slump.

My point was that I'm not going to put Temple of Elemental Evil and Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines next to War And Peace and Schindler's list.

Gaming can get out of the slump when it starts taking itself seriously.

No, of course you don't put ToEE and VtM:B next to War and Peace, or Schindler's List. But you're comparing apples and oranges, there.

For example, I wouldn't have a problem putting PS:T next to any philosophy novel, or Deus Ex next to my Da Vinci Code. VtM:B could be put next to anything by Lovecraft, or any dark fantasy.

Point in case, though; You wouldn't put the movies "Inglorious Basterds" next to "Braveheart" or "Casablanca", either.

Edited by Tigranes
Piracy is not good, ja

t50aJUd.jpg

The much of my support for Steam does come because Valve appears to actually support the PC game market.

If that's your primary criterion then you'd be far better off buying from Impulse (Stardock) or Gamersgate (Paradox) as neither associated company makes console games at all.

I doubt Valve even think of PC as being a platform at all any more. The platform they support is Steam, not PC, as evidenced by the move to Mac and PS3.

Edited by Zoraptor

Will people stick to their guns if physical media ceases to be made for video games?
No. I'll grab my rifle, a bunch of ammo, rations for three days, and head for the hills.

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Is it GOG that provides DRM-free content you can administer yourself?

Do they now? I wonder, have you played AvP? :*

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

A philosophical question since I figure we're a long ways off from it:

Will people stick to their guns if physical media ceases to be made for video games?

I don't have problem with Digital Downloads, I do have problem with Steam's DRM...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

[...]

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Is it GOG that provides DRM-free content you can administer yourself?

Yeah. GOG is great. Never had any issues whatsoever (with the service) and it's basically completely DRM-free. Provided that you keep track of your files yourself, the entire company could tank and you'd still have your games.

Edit: Oh sweet lady in heaven, they have both Arcanum and Outcast, now! Where's my credit card..?! I wonder if they'll take my first-born child as collateral..

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

A philosophical question since I figure we're a long ways off from it:

I'll be in suckage, as it'll force me to try and get an internet connection that can download something on it in less than three days...

(mind you I don't have a computer to download it to, at the moment, so...)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Do I try Steam? The copy of the Sniper game is sitting there. Looking forlorn.

Do I dare go there? Open this scary Pandora's Box of digital scariness?

I am scared and alone in this. Help.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Do I try Steam? The copy of the Sniper game is sitting there. Looking forlorn.

Do I dare go there? Open this scary Pandora's Box of digital scariness?

I am scared and alone in this. Help.

No need to. I still have a copy of the Orange Box on the shelf that i haven't touched out of pure principle. No steam for me, now or ever. It really helps your ego as well :ermm:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy