STEAM!

Calax

I've got Windows 7 x64 Professional and KotOR works fine out of the box (at least I don't remember doing any tweaking). :rolleyes:

Sure, NOW you tell me when the price has doubled. :p

Thanks for the feedback though.

Yeah, it just works.

I'm quite sure it will be on sale again during the holidays though.

Why wouldn't it be after all?

My problem running KotOR2 on Vistax32 was that I could never get the sound to work at all. Tried every trick I could find, and no dice. (Although I think the problem was more with the driver for my mobo-onboard sound.)

The sale on the MI remakes is tempting. Even if it's just something to entertain me until I get my hands on Civ V...

Edited by Enoch

It's quite a bit less bloated now that they changed from IE to Webkit, but haters gonna hate etc.

I tried the new steam, it was less bloated but it was still an unnecessary delay. I'm sure nothing I tell you will change your mind though. :p

ok, so the monkey island on sale isn't the Tales stuff... (the stuff from the past few years).

It's "Secret of Monkey Island" and "Monkey Island 2"... the 90's LA adventures!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

50% off, lol. If you pre-ordered Secret 2, it came with Secret 1. Heck, I've still got a gift copy of 1.

Edit: Oh, hey, the bundle has a natural discount. So that is cheaper than what I paid back in the day.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Because some people would rather not waste money just to 'keep up' with whatever tech calendar Wired and such have set... yeah, we're poor :p

Actually, I've lived on a 'computer lag time' most of my gaming life and I have to say it's not that bad. It sort of helps you become a gamer that doesn't wait like a drooling dog for the latest hyper-graphics release, you take your time and get to appreciate all kinds of good games...

You do realize x64 isn't a fad but necessary right?

And the cost of x32 and x64 win7 is the same... So I fail to make sense of either of your arguments.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

OK, I bought the MI dual-pack. They've been on my "I should play them someday" list for a while now, so at $7.50 for the pair, I figured this was a good opportunity. I missed out on most of the LucasArts adventure games back in the day (although I played a lot of their Sierra competitors), and based on their reputation, I have always regretted doing so.

Of course, whatever game I start playing now is doomed to be dropped (at least for a while) when Civ V falls in my lap. But sales don't always come at convenient times.

It is the future but why is it 'necessary' now? Something I don't know?

The cost of the computer (processor), not the Windows. Although, checking now, even mine is 64-bit capable - heh, I didn't know that. :p

It is the future but why is it 'necessary' now? Something I don't know?

The cost of the computer (processor), not the Windows. Although, checking now, even mine is 64-bit capable - heh, I didn't know that. :p

well 32bit cant see more then 3.5gigs of memory. So yea.. kinda needed on that level. Considering 4gig chips are cheap and most modern systems that's standard.

And you cant even buy 32 only bit CPUs anymore for the most part... haven't been able for years now.

I seems to me your apprehension to it clearly is lack of knowledge on the topic.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

• 2 months later...

Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days is on sale today for $5. I was intrigued by the first one but ultimately passed on it. This one looks like good mindless fun. Has anyone here tried it?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Uh... Deus Ex 1 is 11.99... for 8 COPIES!

So, who around here hasn't played Deus Ex yet? :lol:

To be honest, I haven't which is odd because I've always have been meaning to do so. I haven't played Puzzle Quest 2 either, is that a good title?

Edited by SadExchange

Deus Ex is AWESOME! But no longer on sale anymore unfortunately.

Left 4 Dead 2 is on sale in a 6 pack for 25 bucks

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I bought the indie pack for 5 bucks. Because my backlog just wasn't huge enough.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: