STEAM!

Calax

With the announcement that Steam is joining PS3, I figured we should probably get ourselves acquainted on Steam

I'm Calaxprimal (steamID), And ironically I appear to have mod privaleges for the [soDOFF] group/clan (Society of Dangerous Obsidian Fanatical Forumites).

I admit to having an ulterior motive for this. It would appear that the member known as "Assassin" has been hacked and is sending "phishing" links to anyone so that more accounts will be hacked. If you're using steam and get a random message that has a link like

Steamcommunity_com_viewprofile(numbers string).9hz.xxx, that's the phishing site.

Anyway, let's all have fun.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Apparently it's also EA week on Steam in case anyone's interested...

A bit of blatant advertisement, or a notice for those, who might be interested:

93hkb.jpg

I'm not completely sure where the source for this is coming from, but the first two days seemed to be accurate enough.

t would appear that the member known as "Assassin" has been hacked and is sending "phishing" links to anyone so that more accounts will be hacked.

I've talked to Assassin and he's gotten his account back (and thus the phishing has stopped from the account). Still, thanks for posting this.

:thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I will not have this... thing on my computer.

But this thing is better than your other thing... it's better than all your other things, in fact, you should marry this thing it's just that awesome!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

you should marry this thing it's just that awesome!

WELL, I WON'T LET YOU! How does that feel?

Sorry, I'm just too hyped about the Portal 2 teaser so I couldn't resist. I'll shut up now.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

About an hour and a half ago, I think I grabbed ME & ME2 at the last possible minute. When I was done with the purchase, and saw the games in my library, I went back to the store tab and BAM it was Dragon Age day... :lol:

And here I had (mis)calculated I had time until 10pm local (about half an hour from right now). :lol:

Anyone has an idea how Steam handles time? I mean when does a "Steam day" start exactly? 12AM? 12PM? GMT? PST? :huh:

Hmm... I'm fairly new to online shopping (especially for games) and it wasn't the deal of the century or anything... But $35 for both ME games? Pretty good I say.

Oh btw your mileage MUST vary... :lol:

I mean the Euro/Dollar thing on Steam we talked about earlier.

I bought ME1, and now I'm told I can't contact the key server. Apparently thousands have been affected by this.

Nice one, you 'anti piracy' douchebags. Offer the game for a pittance to get me to abandon my principles then actually help me out by making me even more angry than I was before. This kind of admin slapstick is PRECISELY why I don't trust draconian DRM nd believe the gok-brained dimwits who champion it in management should be flung into the pacific.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I haven't finished downloading ME yet and I honestly don't know when I'll get the time to actually play it... I hope the problem is resolved by the time I do.

On another note, my friend's having a hard time with his Steam account too. He can't play TF2, or any games from his Orange Box for that matter... Something like "can't connect to Steam server, please try again in a few minutes". It's been about a week now and he's still trying... :lol: --- :lol:

Oh, and after that, it says "validating" or something and takes a lot of time..... but still nothing. Any ideas? Anyone encountered that? I'll personally look into it asap.

Wow.

Hey guys,

It looks like Mass Effect sold a few more copies than we anticipated during the sale yesterday. We're temporarily out of keys for Mass Effect. We've requested more from EA and will get them online as soon as we can. Once we get them in place, you'll be able to launch your game as normal.

Thank you for your patience.

-Alden

Yeah that was the reason for the problem.

Edited by taviow

Got my key now.

You guys talk about bugs in Obsidian games (which I've rarely experienced). I can't get the sound to work, and the graphics are glitching like a mo'fo' even at the lowest settings.

My God is clearly punishing me for collaborating with the DRM bastards.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I prefer impulse to steam myself. From what I have seen impulse is much more flexable when you want to run runs your bought from it. (ie dont have to have it running to play a game)

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente