STEAM!

Calax

The devs were quite open about HL:Source simply being an import of the art assets into the new engine. So you'll get some better lighting effects and physics.

They cited a reason for this being nostalgia. They didn't want to change the art assets because those were THE art assets for HL1.

Bought Tales of Monkey Island pack and Oddworld pack yesterday.

Will probably buy X-COM and Commandos packs today.

Somebody stop me.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

damn you steam for singlehandedly doubling my backlog since last winter...

the last two days alone:

i bought red faction, i bought stalker c.o.p, i bought the xcom pack, i bought pbwinterbottom...

i still have mirrors edge and warhammer 40k dawn of war 2+expansion to play, thief 1-3, gothic 1 and 2...

and beyond good and evil (but i need a control pad for this, mouse and keyboard is no good for this game)

thats not mentioning anything in my console backlog (about 10 games strong right now... okami, persona 4, hell i still have Shadow Hearts Covenant to get through, and i've had that in my backlog since it came about 7 years ago... good lord I'm a failure....)

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Ugh. I still hate Steam, but since FO:NV will use it I've resigned myself to flirt with the devil, for now, and see if it's not that bad.

That said, Monkey Island. Second remake coming out soon, 10$. Preorder and first one free. I haven't played any of them, but I liked old school point and click adventure games that I played, like the Robin Hood one from the 90's or something, Gabriel Knight, etc.

Worth it? Awesomesauce? No?

Ugh. I still hate Steam, but since FO:NV will use it I've resigned myself to flirt with the devil, for now, and see if it's not that bad.

What's your username? I'll send you an invite to the Obsidian Forum Steamgroup, SoDOFF*, if you're not a member already. :thumbsup:

*Society of Dangerous Obsidian Fanatical Forumites

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

That said, Monkey Island. Second remake coming out soon, 10$. Preorder and first one free. I haven't played any of them, but I liked old school point and click adventure games that I played, like the Robin Hood one from the 90's or something, Gabriel Knight, etc.

If you feel you dislike the voice acting and stuff you can always press uh I think it's F10 and it'll revert the game back to old mode on the fly.

I think there's no argument against getting it then.

At first I raged and was upset with the new art direction of the remake, and then I got over it. It is worth it, and as someone already said you can also play it in classic mode too.

Also the new Tales of Monkey Island were also a lot of fun to play too.

Monkey Island.

The 5 episode pack (yesterday's special sale), or the remake of the original? I bought the pack and just started playing, so I can't say much about it. Seems nice so far... (the prologue :blink: ) But the original was awesome. And I heard / saw nothing but good things about the remake.

Bought Bioshock and Thief: Deadly Shadows today.

the devil

Precisely.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

I've got to say.. while I'm not a huuuge fan of Steam.. it is good for picking up a few odd games going very cheap when you just want to kill a few hours.. :)

I mean, Ghost Master for 57pence was quite a good deal.. :) A few hours of amusing spectral strategy scaring people..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeeees, the conversion is working slowly but surely.

Soon everyone will be converted.

Steam was never good for picking stuff up at release, it's all about the crazy sales and indie stuff.

Edited by Purkake

yeah, i don't EVER buy games for full price on steam, and yet i've bought about 25+ games on the service. their sales are just too goddamn awesome to pass up.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

yeah, i don't EVER buy games for full price on steam, and yet i've bought about 25+ games on the service. their sales are just too goddamn awesome to pass up.

Is there anyone who actually buys full price on Steam?

I don't know how they are in the US but their prices in the EU are utterly horrible.

Yeah, they messed up the conversion between $ and anything else.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.