STEAM!

Calax

How far ID Software have fallen from the glory days of Hitman. I used to be proud that my city had produced them.

You mean IO Interactive :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Considering picking up CoH for my RTS fix. I know we have some (rabid) fans here, is there a particular version/expansion I should definitely pick up?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Company of Heroes Online is supposed to be basically the same game but with fewer single player campaigns (Just the American one I believe?). If you're mostly looking for a multiplayer experience or co-op against the computer then I'd go with that as it's free. It might be worth checking the daily steam sales in case Company of Heroes crops up there, you might be able to get the whole set for a few pounds, but on the other hand you can buy Company of Heroes Gold Edition (which containst the vanilla game and the Opposing Fronts expansion) and CoH Tales of Valour for a combined price of Edited by Serrano

If you're not going for Online, I'd at least pick up Coh and opposing fronts. Tales of valor's improvements are really more cosmetic and experimentation than anything.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hmmm Arma 2 75% off.

I thought about picking it up bit decided to wait. Likely a mistake given that it's off sale and might not go on again for awhile, but I can always pick up a physical copy Combined Operations at a discount -a quick search shows that it has already been marked down by $20 at some stores- and have an almost DRM free copy that's not tied to Steam (they got rid of the disc-check but FADE is likely still active). Plus I picked up Dragon Rising when it was $3 and so I'll get through co-op mode with that before I move on to a similar, although possibly slightly better -I've seen arguments on both sides-, title.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

First day I don't buy anything off the sale. Not that I am in want of anything; I already possess four items on today's list. Batman: Arkham Asylum is a steal for that price. Great game. Tropic 3 is also a quirky little thing and is well worth the $6 for the complete pack. And getting both special editions of Monkey Island for under $4 is very good bang for the buck. They only once topped that, when they were selling the games for $0.99 for the iDevices.

Hmm repeat day. Too bad.

Agreed. I hope the next few days of sale aren't just repeats. Was hoping to get Ruse on sale.

It says that new deals start tomorrow, so I'd think that the next week, except, maybe, sans the last day, will not have any repeats. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot