STEAM!

Calax

NWN 2 doesn't have any exploration, the load times for the interiors are so bad you wouldn't want it anyway. It's ok though, the main quest line is pretty decent.

You get used to the klunky camera eventually, be sure and check the options though. There are lots and lots of them for the camera and GUI in an attempt to get it into a tolerable state.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So I got NW2 after never playing it before and for a more modern looking game, the control setup is awful to me. I know it's like this to suit the hardcore gamers of the old game but is there any mod or possibly an option in the game that I haven't seen yet that allows more of a modern game control with movements using W,A,S,D keys actually moving your character in said direction while being able to move the camera by a simple movement of the mouse? This setup as is makes me not even want to explore or play really.

I don't know if it's called character mode or driving mode. But it's definitely an option. I thought it was the default.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

One of the schemes(possible the default) is sort of what I'm looking for as far as character movement with W,A,S,D but the camera movement with the mouse isn't there. I guess I'll just have to get used to it. Thanks for the tips and especially the part about not worrying to explore.

If I remember correctly you can pan with the keyboard, but only very little so it doesn't make it a workable RTS cam. The camera issue plagued all the ad ons as well. Subsequent patches have made additions to the camera options, but I'm guessing you already have the latest version.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Is the sale over? I thought it was until January 2nd.

Oh, apparently it may take a few minutes. Yesterday was instant.

Greed Corp looks fun.

Edited by Tale

Maybe I'll give City of Heroes a second shot.

time is money, wasting time on a bad game is like throwing money down the toilet = my new philosophy for the new year

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Getting batman to work requires games for windows live bloatware. It can't start without speaking to a server even with an offline profile, although I haven't tried starting it without an active internet connection I surmise it wouldn't work. Also, to edit the keys you have to exit the game. I know PC sales is usually less than 10%, but still, how bleedin' hard can it be to have proper keymapping, I mean it used to be in every game, now it's a rarity.

Heh. I installed Batman: AA yesterday, though retail not DD. It was a... completely painless experience with zero Live problems. Despite what it said I was not connected to the internet when installing, and haven't been any time I played it, nor did it add a firewall extension and there haven't been any interminable Live update loops while searching out which 360 site you need to find and log into to change settings. If Bethesda had stuck with Live I'd probably have gone out and bought FONV already instead of getting it second hand for console.

I'm more peeved about the game's handling of graphics options (16:9 resolution on my 16:10 monitor :raeg::raeg::raeg:) than the key mapping as the control scheme is at least pretty standard.

Singularity, on sale today, is a game I can recommend. Comparisons to Bioshock are valid, but I didn't feel it had large amounts of replay value. I rented it, glad I did so, but don't even think I'll buy it on sale.

So, it's a mixed recommendation.

Left for Dead 2 is on sale for the bazillionth time, meh. There's games I have never seen on sale at steam, like Vampire: Bloodlines, but noooo.

Left for Dead 2 is on sale for the bazillionth time, meh. There's games I have never seen on sale at steam, like Vampire: Bloodlines, but noooo.

Valve presumably has more freedom to discount their own titles. I assume that, when it's stuff from another company, the publisher has to agree to any pricing changes.

And I can recommend NFS: Hot Pursuit. I don't generally like driving games, arcade or simulation, but the Cop side at least is total aces.

Seconded. I prefer the racer side though. No freakin' Rapid Response/Time Trial events with time penalties for hitting stuff. :sorcerer:

And I can recommend NFS: Hot Pursuit. I don't generally like driving games, arcade or simulation, but the Cop side at least is total aces.

Seconded. I prefer the racer side though. No freakin' Rapid Response/Time Trial events with time penalties for hitting stuff. :sorcerer:

Agreed, hate those, but the hot pursuits make up for them :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Agreed, hate those, but the hot pursuits make up for them :)

They need more Hot Pursuit events. Those were the most fun. Second favourite is definitely the racer finale. 45 mile long race that takes 12-13 minutes.