STEAM!

Calax

Oh deeer. Thanks. TBH, I had enough trouble just thinking of five. :D

Since you only win the top 5 it doesn't really matter what you have to make up the remainder. Just remember to reorder your wishlist appropriately after adding the remaining 5 as Steam places the most recent additions at the top of the list.

Oh deeer. Thanks. TBH, I had enough trouble just thinking of five. :D

Since you only win the top 5 it doesn't really matter what you have to make up the remainder. Just remember to reorder your wishlist appropriately after adding the remaining 5 as Steam places the most recent additions at the top of the list.

Yeah. Too bad I need to have the Steam app installed to remove/edit order of items in the wishlist. Can't do that here from the o®if(f)ice, so it would be pretty insulting if I won my "top 5" now. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

New Deals!

Tales of monkey island 2 2.50

Metro 2033 10.00

Alien Vs Predator (the new one) for 6.80

And KotOR for 2.50

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hm, Monkey Island 2 SE does sound appealing. For once, there's something I want on these Steam sales!

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I decided to try out the Mount and Blade double pack for $10 and World of Goo for $2.50. Downloading right now. I'm hopeful for Mount and Blade, but two games for 10 bucks? I figure it's well worth the risk. ...And World of Goo has a 90% metacritic rating. I pay almost twice as much for a damned coffee drink. Even if I play a few hours of WoG, it's worth it.

world of goo is absolutely awesome and WELL worth completing. It's got some really fantastic existential moments that make it one of my favorite games of the last few years.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

think and Eastern-European CoD4 minus the multiplayer.

So, all of the good, none of the bad?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It has a few bugs more than CoD4, but it's generally more polished than most Eastern-European games. The story is about as nonsensical as CoD as well, unless you've read the book(s).

From an uneducated point of view, imagine the STALKER team getting stopped half way through and told to make it more like CoD4. That's what it reminded me of.

Edited by Purkake

i was excited about metro 2033 but ultimately found it dissappointing. its not a BAD game, just suffers from poor pacing/boring combat. its like if STALKER was a corridor shooter. great atmosphere, some cool ideas, but just not very much fun to play.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I thought the gameplay was alright as soon as you accepted the linearity of it. But the real winner is definitely the atmosphere which I think is about the best I've seen in terms of post-apocalyptic games. It's very oppressive stuff, I'll never forget heading up into Moscow for the first time.

For 7.50, I'd definitely say it's worth it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I started playing it, liking it, but not loving it. I quit and am deciding to restart now that I find out there's vague stuff you have to do to get a specific ending. Terrific.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think if you sent an email to customer support you might be able to get that changed, but *shrugs*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I want a refund.

Oh hell :thumbsup:

I'd say if you e-mail them, they will respond with a direct quote from some contract paper: "NO REFUNDS, have a nice day!"

Enjoy your wast collection of fantastic SW games.

Edit: Right, Bendu confirmed it.

Edited by Slinky

Oh. My. God.

I was very tired last night and saw Knights of the Old Republic for

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They still sometimes give refunds, particularly in cases such as this one where there was clearly a mistaken purchase. Still, I wouldn't trust them to actually do anything and you're likely out of luck.

:lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

But I don't even like Star Wars.. :lol:

Well, I hope you immediately wrote to them with your problem, instead of whining about it on a forum for a day or two. Your 'honest mistake' argument will be less believable for every second that passes. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif