2010 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

:: sigh :: Italy were my second team.

Serie A has as many structural problems as the English Premiership, yes their diving and play-acting was an embarrassment. Mind you :: cough :: Argentina :: cough ::

sonsofgygax.JPG

:ermm: at the naming debate. Vol's trolling usually bores me, but I got a laugh or two out of his efforts here. Anyhow, whatever the name you use, I think it's pretty clear what you're referring to in the thread called "2010 FIFA World Cup."

Also, caring about soccer is un-American. If this changes, it'll be more a result of immigrants bringing their sporting tastes with them than it is of changing attitudes among the current population. It's popular as a youth sport primarily because you can throw a bunch of 6-year-olds onto a field, spend 10 minutes explaining the rules, and end up with something reasonably resembling a soccer match. Other sports options take a lot more instruction and equipment.

Although, on the other hand, situational enthusiasm about high-drama tournaments in sports we don't really care about is a very American phenomenon. (Compare people who care about NCAA basketball in November to the same in March. The Olympics score huge TV ratings, despite featuring a lineup of events composed chiefly of the most boring spectator sports ever devised.) Really, if the perceived stakes are high enough, a significant audience would find a game of tiddlywinks interesting enough to watch.

2q0lnvm.jpg

Where are you, Obama?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh lawdy at the danish penalty. That has to be one of the worst dives in this cup so far. Japan were simply better this time.

USA or Argentina ftw! Even England, if they get their act together.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm really tired of those damn vuvuzelas. Sounds like a swarm of locusts.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Oh lawdy at the danish penalty. That has to be one of the worst dives in this cup so far. Japan were simply better this time.

USA or Argentina ftw! Even England, if they get their act together.

Yeah the best squad went through. Our strikers have lost all their mojo.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Interesting that you can't find a video of Kaka's sending off ANYWHERE, because of legal moves by FIFA.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Some teams absorbed the tactics of Mourinho. Look at Distance Covered Not in Possession of Australia and Japan. They also rarely tackle. Their defense is done by not giving up spaces and angles for the opponents, which greatly cancels supremacy such as possession and talents in quite a great degree. Owing this "shield of Mourinho," Japan seem to be getting more confident with the defense, which made their offense better as well.

Some teams absorbed the tactics of Mourinho. Look at Distance Covered Not in Possession of Australia and Japan. They also rarely tackle. Their defense is done by not giving up spaces and angles for the opponents, which greatly cancels supremacy such as possession and talents in quite a great degree. Owing this "shield of Mourinho," Japan seem to be getting more confident with the defense, which made their offense better as well.

I hadn't heard that term before. Sounds interesting. i wonder if the principles are at work elsewhere?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Swiss are really, really awful. They played like Portugal did in qualifying.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I hadn't heard that term before. Sounds interesting. i wonder if the principles are at work elsewhere?
It's not an established term but Mourinho proved himself as a good tactician in UEFACL...most strikingly, sealing the attacking force of Barcelona twice. cf. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...mart-Barca.html

In Netherlands vs Japan, Netherlands and especially Sneijder must know what he was challenged by and tried to make Japan run out of stamina. They thought they were successful in it but, according to the interviews after the match, it was the time when Japan made a shift to offense when Sneijder scored that goal. So, to some extent, it seems to be a coincidence. Look at the possession rate in the stats in the match cast.

25sv3pg.jpg

USA! USA! USA!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Please note that under no circumstances should you argue with that German psychic octopus.

You will look insane.

-Elwood Blues