What country do you come from?

Humodour

The "Bethesda" in my location is, in fact, Bethesda, Maryland, in the U.S. of A. (Not the sacred pools in Jerusalem.) Originally, I'm from southern New Jersey.

Edit: About 5 or 6 generations back, a few of my ancestors emigrated to the States (Pennsylvania, to be specific) from Denmark. I think they were fleeing conscription into one of them mid-19th century wars.

Edited by Enoch

Finland.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

From Cuba, currently residing in Florida or as we know it: Latin America 1.1

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm from San Jose, which has a pretty mediocre theme song. That's in California, which is a part of Mexico.

My wife sometime jokingly refers to herself as Mexican, because her family moved to California back when it was still part of Mexico.

My enduring memory of California was being hard-stopped by the Fruit Police on the border with Nevada. They were suspicious that two English guys in a Grand-Am might be smuggling citrus fruit. The Fruit Police wore hilarious brown uniforms and Russian-style shapka hats (it was nearly thanksgiving and it was cold up there).

They were polite, heavily armed and obsessed with fruit. We complied immediately, even though the only food products in the car were a crateful of twinkies and a litre of Uber-Java coffee from a 7-11.

Timeline: George Bush Snr. was Prez, Clinton had just beaten him. November 1992.

sonsofgygax.JPG

The place of Big Brother, the land of the free and the home of the brave. Hot dogs, apple pie and baseball and the Red, White and Blue. And around here we don't vote for beatnik liberal Commies. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I was crafted in S. Korea then exported to the USA. It was an equitable exchange.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The land of Rockefeller, Reagan, and Rearden.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS