How americans see Europe

ramza

:lol:

But lets not forget our friendly neighbours across the pond:

1269902914520.jpg

Looks like my living room! Only my TV is bigger... and there is no dogs.

:lol: Kidding of course, I put all of my guns away.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am unable to post any pictures of England, since I can't find a picture of a bunch of schoolchildren kicking a pensioner to death while some middle class professionals throw hemp ponchos at a fox hunter.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I know user. But that picture is basically everything that people laughed about at the series... standing there yelling and waiting for the planet to explode before doing anything.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dragonball was legendary. In one episode they will stare at each other and warm up for their pre-battle derisory comments at their opponent. In the next episode, they might get to finish delivering those comments, so they can move on to warming up for their post-comments pre-battle posturing.

Dragonball was legendary. In one episode they will stare at each other and warm up for their pre-battle derisory comments at their opponent. In the next episode, they might get to finish delivering those comments, so they can move on to warming up for their post-comments pre-battle posturing.

Oh, I remember my three favorite episodes: Goku with his hands in the air making a Super ball.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm disappointed that Belgian women aren't mentioned. They are hotties.

Really?

Not really. It's quite the contrary if you ask me

Aww, I wouldn't go that far... :(

Most Americans don't even know Belgium, actually. And those who do mostly think it's the capital of Brussels. :lol:

The best thing about Belgium (at least Flanders) is that since no one else understands a word we're saying, we have a genetic affinity for picking up other languages. We're probably the only people on this planet who can speak French and not be smug about it. Oh, and we have politics more hilarious than reality tv.

Imagine the pain of the japanese who had to follow it one episode a week.

It's like a perfect torture device carefully disguised as a TV show.

Brilliant.

The only things I know about Belgium without having to look them up are

1. Various uncomplimentary things about their military history/defence policy

2. The EU has its evil HQ there

3. Bruges is a town in Belgium, and it's quite a civilised and relaxing place to visit.

4. The chain of restaurants known as Belgo are very very good fun.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

His FATHER was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Brussels. His mother was from Paris.

-Elwood Blues

Brilliant.

Supposedly if you went back and watch the japanese stuff raw, half the episodes of them just standing and glaring were filler for the american versions because they cut so much.

That said, I supposed somebody should bring up the "Views of the world" bit from "America: The book" where Japan is allll hello kitty.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

3. Bruges is a town in Belgium, and it's quite a civilised and relaxing place to visit.

Did you know Bruges possesses the only sculpture made by Michelangelo that left Italy in his lifetime? Also, nowadays the only Michelangelo sculptures outside Italy are in the Louvre & NY... and in a small provincial Belgian town. It is quite perplexing... until one realizes Bruges was the centre of the world until 1500 or so. Heck, Bruges even has its own Holy Grail.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Did you know Bruges possesses the only sculpture made by Michelangelo that left Italy in his lifetime? Also, nowadays the only Michelangelo sculptures outside Italy are in the Louvre & NY... and in a small provincial Belgian town. It is quite perplexing... until one realizes Bruges was the centre of the world until 1500 or so. Heck, Bruges even has its own Holy Grail.

He says they've already got one!

-Elwood Blues

Brilliant.

Supposedly if you went back and watch the japanese stuff raw, half the episodes of them just standing and glaring were filler for the american versions because they cut so much.

That said, I supposed somebody should bring up the "Views of the world" bit from "America: The book" where Japan is allll hello kitty.

Dunno, since I actually watched the italian dub (which was horrid as far as the translation goes, but surprisingly faithful when it came to the voices).

Speaking about american view of Japan, I'm pretty sure the whole world view of it is : meek office workers + horrible flashy pop culture (and tons of perverts, of course).

Japan is awesome for a pervert like me who has a soft spot for the tenets of Bushido. My girlfriend thinks that it is awesome due to the anime and video-games.

We plan to go on a trip there as soon as we have the cash.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Japan is both repugnant and alluring to me in equal measure. I can't decide how I feel about it. I wouldn't mind travelling there.

They are also like the French of Asia and have a way to politely make you feel uncomfortable

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif