'South Park' Creators Could Face Retribution for Depicting Muhammad, Website Warns

Guard Dog

South Park is about as dumbed-down as satire gets.

Which doesn't make it any less satirical...

It does lower the quality,

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

This is why people watch South Park instead of reading AMP.

True, more people watch South Pack but that does not mean that South Park is a better work of satire or that make Swift's work is "lame." But I guess that gets down to a difference of opinion about what makes "brilliant satire" and that's something we might have to agree to disagree about.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

South Park is about as dumbed-down as satire gets.

Which doesn't make it any less satirical...

It does lower the quality,

How? Because it appeals to a wider audience? Because it is easier to understand? The show is still hysterical AND covers a wide range of issues.

Ah, but who doesn't love some black humor every once in a while?

Hence the edit... But that's only funny when its perfectly obvious no harm is intended...

Yes, because it's really clear that when I say "I wish someone would murder the creators of Scary Movie," I'm 100% dead serious about it. I really want them dead. Really.

Well, you're defending LoF, who has often said that murder is ok.

...I don't even think that's worthy of an actual response.

I'm not sure which is worse, the grossly oversimplified generality or the completely invalid conclusion you're drawing from it.

Actually, my last response to you was just me pulling a CYA... LoF still scares me, however...

If people posting opinions on the internet is enough to scare you, you're going to have a tough time with life, bud.

What scares me isn't his Communist opinion... It's the complete and utter disregard for human life he has demonstrated repeatedly...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

"I swear, people on this forum must have some sort of immunity to humor."

Humour, by definition, needs to be funny.

I do, btw, find your defense of someone who supports murdeirng of those with differing opinions or people who do things he disaaproves of while trying to justify that defense seriously, very humourous.

So, on that note, R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I do, btw, find your defense of someone who supports murdeirng of those with differing opinions or people who do things he disaaproves of while trying to justify that defense seriously, very humourous.
It is impossible that I even slightly exaggerate my views. Impossible.

The genius of South Park is that when they set out to make a point, while they present that point in a ridiculous over the top and offensive way, they also present it in a way that leaves you thinking "Well... can't argue with that"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The genius of South Park is that when they set out to make a point, while they present that point in a ridiculous over the top and offensive way, they also present it in a way that leaves you thinking "Well... can't argue with that"
Nope. South Park has really dumb morals and if you absorb them your political opinions will become garbage.

Nope. South Park has really dumb morals and if you absorb them your political opinions will become garbage.

Says the guy who advocates violent revolution to promote a failed economic and sociological system.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Although there have been some lacklustre episodes in recent seasons (this one has been pretty good though imo), South Park is mostly genius, and anyone who thinks otherwise should remove the sand from their vagina.

'South Park' Muhammad episode airs despite uproar

Apr 22, 11:52 AM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - The producers of Comedy Central's "South Park" are apparently undeterred by a warning of violence.

Wednesday's episode of the animated series included the Prophet Muhammad as a character, despite a warning from a radical Muslim group that producers Trey Parker and Matt Stone could be killed.

The character's face was obscured by a black box because Muslims consider a physical representation of their prophet to be blasphemous.

A similar episode last week angered the New York group Revolution Muslim. It posted a warning on its website that Parker and Stone could face the same fate as a Dutch filmmaker who was killed after making a movie about a woman who rejected Muhammad's teachings.

Last week the character was hidden in a bear costume. When the costume was removed this week, Santa Claus appeared.

Also, they censored every time they uttered the name of Muhammad (so they could have been talking about twinkie if you hadn't seen the first one)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Says the guy who advocates violent revolution to promote a failed economic and sociological system.
If by "violent revolution" you mean "mass struggle of whatever character" and by "failed economic and sociological system" you mean "economic and sociological system which succeeded wildly and fundamentally, and its successes are demonstrated even moreso by the economic conditions in the former USSR," then yes.

Never liked Southpark but nice to see the producers are not letting them get intimidated by a bunch of Islamistic jerks.

Except they did..

well, I think part of that was the joke. They've ALWAYS had the image blocked totally by a censor bar, the only difference now is that they censored the words, which the creators poked fun at in the end of the episode (bleeping out the "lesson learned" in the episode)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"I swear, people on this forum must have some sort of immunity to humor."

Humour, by definition, needs to be funny.

So, on that note, R00fles!

Are you really that simple-minded?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Never liked Southpark but nice to see the producers are not letting them get intimidated by a bunch of Islamistic jerks.

Except they did..

well, I think part of that was the joke. They've ALWAYS had the image blocked totally by a censor bar, the only difference now is that they censored the words, which the creators poked fun at in the end of the episode (bleeping out the "lesson learned" in the episode)

http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/3878

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too.

Simple minded, by definition, is those who defend the murder of others simply because they disagree with you not those who oppose such believes.

I'm starting to think you don't know what exaggeration is.