'South Park' Creators Could Face Retribution for Depicting Muhammad, Website Warns

Guard Dog

South Park is brilliant satire peppered with enough potty humor to make it accessible to everyone. They also don't give a crap who they offend as long as they get their point across. Which I applaud.

This.

Muslims need a thicker skin. Nothing is sacred enough to kill people over. Nothing.

And this.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

To be honest I am not a particular fan of South Park, but I did go see the movie and it is the only "musical" I have ever been able to stand to watch til the end.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

South Park is brilliant satire...

No. A Modest Proposal is, quote, "brilliant satire" and South Park is nowhere as good. :o

No. That's just lame. South Park is hysterical.

also, for what it's worth - satire/parody are often most effective when they poke fun at modern day problems/issues. south park does this perfectly.

Edited by Krookie

To be honest I am not a particular fan of South Park, but I did go see the movie and it is the only "musical" I have ever been able to stand to watch til the end.

I'm not either, but that is entirely irrelevant. The creators did nothing whatsoever worthy of reproach. This is yet another classic example of the Muslim community going bat**** crazy over absolutely nothing.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

also, for what it's worth - satire/parody are often most effective when they poke fun at modern day problems/issues.

I guess you missed that A Modest Proposal was written in 1729 by Johnathan Swift and dealt with what was then a "modern day problem" (the situation faced by the Irish poor). But, yeah, I still say that Swift is better than South Park and while you're free to disagree with me I cannot think of why you would call AMP "lame."

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Lol@the people thinking LoF is condoning murdering the creators of south park because they portrayed Mohammed.

Are you really thick enough to take everything literally?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Lol@the people thinking LoF is condoning murdering the creators of south park because they portrayed Mohammed.

Considering he has condoned mass murder before, it is not a stretch to believe that he would not mind the murders of these two.

Considering he has condoned mass murder before, it is not a stretch to believe that he would not mind the murders of these two.

You're thick.

What he said is equivalent to saying "I wish someone would murder the creators of Scary Movie."

Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I would mind that too much.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

" Nothing is sacred enough to kill people over. Nothing. "

Disagree. Someone threatening my family most certainly are.

"Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I would mind that too much."

So, you agree with him? It's perfectly acceptable to you to murder people that you disagree with or you dislike soemthing they do ala making movies you hate? come on now.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

" Nothing is sacred enough to kill people over. Nothing. "

Disagree. Someone threatening my family most certainly are.

"Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I would mind that too much."

So, you agree with him? It's perfectly acceptable to you to murder people that you disagree with or you dislike soemthing they do ala making movies you hate? come on now.

I swear, people on this forum must have some sort of immunity to humor.

When "humor" involves the random slaughter of innocents, its not humor.

EDIT: Usually.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3

Ah, but who doesn't love some black humor every once in a while?

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Hence the edit... But that's only funny when its perfectly obvious no harm is intended...

Hence the edit... But that's only funny when its perfectly obvious no harm is intended...

Yes, because it's really clear that when I say "I wish someone would murder the creators of Scary Movie," I'm 100% dead serious about it. I really want them dead. Really.

Yes, because it's really clear that when I say "I wish someone would murder the creators of Scary Movie," I'm 100% dead serious about it. I really want them dead. Really.

Well, you're defending LoF, who has often said that murder is ok.

also, for what it's worth - satire/parody are often most effective when they poke fun at modern day problems/issues.

I guess you missed that A Modest Proposal was written in 1729 by Johnathan Swift and dealt with what was then a "modern day problem" (the situation faced by the Irish poor). But, yeah, I still say that Swift is better than South Park and while you're free to disagree with me I cannot think of why you would call AMP "lame."

Um..No, I didn't miss that it was written in 1729. In fact, that's the very reason I said that the best satire deals with modern day issues. "AMP" is outdated, and therefore, lame.

"AMP" is outdated, and therefore, lame.

I would disagree, it might be outdated, as far as issues go, but it is not at all "lame" - it remains a classic satire. The age of the work really doesn't directly effect the quality.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

...I don't even think that's worthy of an actual response.

I'm not sure which is worse, the grossly oversimplified generality or the completely invalid conclusion you're drawing from it.

I would disagree, it might be outdated, as far as issues go, but it is not at all "lame" - it remains a classic satire. The age of the work really doesn't directly effect the quality.

well, when you yourself have agreed that satire is at it's best when it is speaking about relevant, topical, popular, recent issues, time obviously does play a role in how easy it is to relate to for modern audiences. This is why people watch South Park instead of reading AMP.

well, when you yourself have agreed that satire is at it's best when it is speaking about relevant, topical, popular, recent issues, time obviously does play a role in how easy it is to relate to for modern audiences. This is why people watch South Park instead of reading AMP.

Doesn't change the fact that AMP is much more skillfully crafted satire than South Park, with a more poignant political message. South Park is about as dumbed-down as satire gets.

I'm not sure which is worse, the grossly oversimplified generality or the completely invalid conclusion you're drawing from it.

Actually, my last response to you was just me pulling a CYA... LoF still scares me, however...

Actually, my last response to you was just me pulling a CYA... LoF still scares me, however...

If people posting opinions on the internet is enough to scare you, you're going to have a tough time with life, bud.