What you did today

Gorth

Crimson, aren't you like 5 minutes from half the dev houses known to man?

I dunno about that, but I do often feel like I see city names I recognize, at least somewhere in credits, an awful lot. :lol: Lots of tech stuff around.

The big one around here nowadays is EA. I believe Blizzard originated here, & the old Blizzard North was located not far away.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That reminds me-- in a month or so, the wife and I are departing the L.A. area in a rented car on a Sunday. We have to be in the Bay area (an event a little ways E of Oakland) by the following Friday. At present, we have only some rather vague ideas of what to do during that week. Any suggestions?

That reminds me-- in a month or so, the wife and I are departing the L.A. area in a rented car on a Sunday. We have to be in the Bay area (an event a little ways E of Oakland) by the following Friday. At present, we have only some rather vague ideas of what to do during that week. Any suggestions?

well, what interests you? I mean SF has a pair of theme parks (six flags and great america... six flags is better anymore) a couple dozen museums, alcatraz....

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There's also Big Sur (beach, camping), Monterey (beach, aquarium, shops, coastal walking stuff), Santa Cruz (small amusement park w/famous coaster, culture, beach) on the way up.

Depends largely what you want to do. Outdoorsy, indoorsy, nature, people/shows, etc.

I would suggest, since you have the time, to not take Hi 5 all the way up. It is one boring boring drive from LA (just realized...all assuming you meant tinseltown...if not, er...well, never mind all this then)

If you don't mind the slow route, take the coastal road 1, at least parts of the way, and 101 otherwise.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

today i'm trying to sort out a couple of days off next weekend for more filming stuff

don't have the script yet but apparently the character i'm playing is a vampire...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Yes, I meant Los Angeles. Or, actually Lakewood, which is where my in-laws live-- it's near Long Beach in LA County. But, yeah, we're definitely going to take our time and drive up the PCH. The tough part now is deciding what we want to see in Santa Barbara, Big Sur, Monterey, etc., so that we know roughly where we are going to be when we're going to want to sleep. (Since we're flying out there, we'll be going with hotels rather than roughing it.)

I know there are lots of options. I guess I was mostly fishing for any "OMG, you can't leave coastal Cali without seeing XXXX" recommendations.

I feared that Alcatraz was going to be cheesy, but happily I was wrong. The National Parks run one of the most interesting sites of national and historic interest I've been to anywhere. The audio tour is excellent.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I found Alcatraz boring myself - not the history of the place but the tour/seeing it - but landmark/visiting wise, I'd still say go see it. :)

I know there are lots of options. I guess I was mostly fishing for any "OMG, you can't leave coastal Cali without seeing XXXX" recommendations.

The general 'go there & check it all out' places are going to be the usual well known areas/parks/attractions. I can't really think of anything super specific & easy to point out...I used to love the Exploratorium, w/all it's hands on sci/arts exhibits & such but I haven't actually been there in a long time so I can't say what it's like now.

Ano Nuevo's seals/walking tours are always a feature, but it's not the best time to see them.

Also...in case you aren't aware, if you don't like driving nutty ocean high cliffside roads, get off of Hi 1 around Half Moon Bay/92 to avoid Devil's Slide section. If you don't care about that, keep on going, it is a pretty section.

I once would've said you must see the rock n roll laser shows at the Morrison Planetarium in GG Park, but I believe they shut those down from lack of interest (it's not cool enough anymore) a while back. :bat: ...such a shame. I think they're still shown in other areas here & there tho so maybe you've already seen one like it anyway.