Games you are looking forward to.

Darque

Pfft. It's just Oblivion with swords!

There's also Dead State and Bastion for PC. Oh, and Risen 2, Sacred 3 and LOTR: War in the North(I think it is PC also.) I don't know when Kingdoms of Amalur releases, 2011 seems right. There is also Darkspore if you count that.

In other words: Great year for PC rpgs.

I've never heard of Dead State, Darkpore, or Bastion. Probably will pass on LOTR. I liked Risen. I played the original Sacred and it felt like a bad diablo clone as opposed to a good one like Torchlight.

Thank you for the information. I have research to do.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Fable 3

Meh, I would put that on the grab when it's cheap pile, especially if it's on your list for being an RPG. Fable 3 makes the original Fable look like a incredibly deep RPG. Unless of course your real reason for getting it was to run around naked, farting in peoples faces and having 10 different spouses.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Uncharted 3. The teaser is out

so all there's left is to wait or a year. :#

I tried the demo of Uncharted 2 and found it to be utterly unengaging. Close to the top of the list of games that I feel like I don't get (or are totally overhyped, depending on how charitable I'm feeling), right along with GTAIV.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

it's a pretty bad game. what can you do? I dropped it after the mission in the jungle against the russian mercs

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

If it's a pretty bad game than what is a good game from that genre?

do Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Shadow of the Colossus and Tomb Raider count?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Surprised as well that people were bored with Uncharted 2. Granted the jungle in the beginning is the worst part of the game, but I still thought it pretty damn good.

For its genre UC2 is fantastic and has some of the best action set pieces in any action game ever. The helicopter fight in Tibet, the train ride, the car chase. Really the only thing that outright sucks in the game are the "puzzles". An insulting waste of time, no matter how pretty everything looks. But everything else - a terrific action game with some truly well done characters.

Uncharted 2.. I remember fighting a bunch of guys inside a building while a helicopter was attacking from the outside. After a while, the barrage from the helicopter made the entire building topple over, and I had to throw myself into another building. It was awesome.

It's extremely linear, but the characters and set pieces were so interesting and well done that I didn't mind. Does not happen often for me!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If it's a pretty bad game than what is a good game from that genre?

do Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Shadow of the Colossus and Tomb Raider count?

Sands of Time and Shadow of the Colossus are classics no doubt.

As for the Tomb Raider games, I'm assuming you mean the more recent ones? The only one I played was Underworld, and I had a lot more fun with the both Uncharted games. Uncharted has better climbing, shooting, characters, set pieces and action imho of course.

Uncharted and Uncharted 2 are the best reasons for anyone to buy a PS3 in my opinion, no matter what anyone else says. Great games. Uncharted 3 is a day one buy, no doubt about that.

Perhaps once Uncharted 3 is done; Naughty Dog will make a new Jak & Daxter game.

How are Shadows of the Colossus and Uncharted 2 part of the same genre?

they're both platformers? I dunno, maybe you consider Uncharted 2 an action-RPG

Walsingham said: