What are you playing now?

Darque

Maybe he used one of them Monty Python Hungarian/English dictionaries?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Trying to expand my horizon a bit beyond the usual crpg/strategy stuff. Did a bit more shopping, trying out game genres that are usually outside my field of vision.

Got the following to try out:

Crash Time 2

Devil May Cry

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Trying to expand my horizon a bit beyond the usual crpg/strategy stuff. Did a bit more shopping, trying out game genres that are usually outside my field of vision.

Got the following to try out:

Crash Time 2

Devil May Cry

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The only two of those I can really discuss is DMC4 and Red Faction.

Red Factions stories between games are... disjointed to say the least. To the point where you could make them completely different games and it'd have about as much impact. But their geo-mod technology is fun (even if the first one looks like goldeneye 64), particularly in the third game.

DMC is well, DMC. You're a devil hunter who's running around with stylistic fighting (knocking somebody in the air and keeping them up there with bullets) and the ability to go demonic for a short period. The big thing that people didn't like about 4 is that most of the game you're playing Nero (Voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, the second black power ranger btw, he also did the mo-cap for him), Who is VERY similar to Dante, except he actually has a girlfriend and his arm is demonic. And while this isn't a bad thing necessiarly, it just leads to annoyance as you're going through the game and at about the 1/2 way or 2/3rds point he gets removed and you spend the next bit running BACK through all the areas as Dante, fighting the same bosses. They do have some inventive (if suggestive weapons that you use.

I know/knew Red Faction, as I had it way back. The box seems to have gone missing during a relocation somewhere :lol:

I tried Red Faction 2 for short while (back when it was new) and found it horrible, lacking the (admittedly artifical) sense of freedom of the first one with small, cramped levels and weird vehicle minigames. I haven't seen RF Guerilla, only heard about it. A bit more than $20 for the bundle, so if it turned out to be awful, it's no big loss. DMC4 was because I wanted to try out an action/platformer game (and give my usb xbox360 controller something to do) and it seemed like the only one of its kind that they had for sale ;)

Otherwise point and click stuff, RTS (the sword of the stars stuff) and a racing game (with destructable cars of course) :)

So, now I played a bit Clive Barker's Jericho, and it's actually better than I expected. I like the fact that you can switch between characters and use their speacial abilities. Also the monster design and the overall art direction is properly disgusting. On the bad side, spawning rates are ridiculous, and hence it gets a bit repetitive.

Still a solid effort. 7/10, and definately worth the 5 bucks on Steam.

Undying was alot better though.

Edited by Morgoth

Do you even have a day job? Where do you get the time to play all those AND patrol the boards?

For me usually gaming sessions are 2-3 hours, but most days I don't play at all. And you are into Paradox games... care to share your secret for time dilation? :lol:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Do you even have a day job? Where do you get the time to play all those AND patrol the boards?

For me usually gaming sessions are 2-3 hours, but most days I don't play at all. And you are into Paradox games... care to share your secret for time dilation? :bow:

Work days are between 10 and 18 hours and I have a lot of brief moments to check out forums at work. Then I have a few hours at home to read things that caught my attention more closely or to game, although I don't do it as regularly as I did a decade ago. I can easily spend a week not touching a game. Sometimes I sleep at night, sometimes not ;)

Sometimes I sleep at night, sometimes not o:)
Cool. I hope you aren't a supertanker pilot, though.

No worries. No oilspills are going to result from my nodding off at the keyboard, nor is anybody going to wake up with the wrong brain transplant :x

So did you get around to playing Beyond Good And Evil?

A bit. Unfortunately, I am sort of between graphics cards and it showed. The hud was a mess, but to be fair, the game did warn me that the temporary card wasn't up to the task. Didn't figure out how to save a game though. Can it only be done at save points or did the botched up hud hide something?

Mechwarrior 4 is now available for free, so I guess it's time to try the Mechwarrior series for once. o:)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

*sigh* I'm debating picking up Record of Araghast War... The "Really Naughty Edition" which has a mousepad, a body pillow (I think), the game, and a few other odds and ends. Thing is that it's packaged more like softcore hentai games than anything else... the mousepad has one of those wrist rests... but the pad has a womans face on it and the rest is actually the location of her breasts.

The devs really decided "WTF, sex sells right? Why not go for it?"

Also Playing Warriors Orochi 2 on my 360. Koei didn't do a very good job with this, the engine just isn't designed to handle the number of units they put on screen like the one in DW6. Seriously, i have to run sideways towards some enemy packs just so it doesn't move at a snails pace around the place.

Edited by Calax

Mechwarrior 4 is now available for free, so I guess it's time to try the Mechwarrior series for once. :)

Here is a link, since Will didn't bother to share. :)

Homepage seems to be down.

'Sides, I was suppossed to tell the news dammit! :(

I'm debating picking up Record of Araghast War... The "Really Naughty Edition" which has a mousepad, a body pillow (I think), the game, and a few other odds and ends. Thing is that it's packaged more like softcore hentai games than anything else... the mousepad has one of those wrist rests... but the pad has a womans face on it and the rest is actually the location of her breasts.

So why not pick up the regular edition?

I'm debating picking up Record of Araghast War... The "Really Naughty Edition" which has a mousepad, a body pillow (I think), the game, and a few other odds and ends. Thing is that it's packaged more like softcore hentai games than anything else... the mousepad has one of those wrist rests... but the pad has a womans face on it and the rest is actually the location of her breasts.

Because that's actually an online only thing and I'm not hooked into Live.

The box is... REALLY suggestive

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=76979

On the side there's a woman... eating (not the best word) some sausage, one that's kinda messy with ice cream...

It's... interesting (we aren't allowed to have it on the walls it's to suggestive)

why not just pick up the "suggestive" edition? You're a grown man, you are allowed to see these things now

why not just pick up the "suggestive" edition? You're a grown man, you are allowed to see these things now

Partially it's trying to justify the price tag (60 bucks)